Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Decaffeinated Coffee - Does it exist??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decaffeinated Coffee - Does it exist??

Hi all,

I really want some decaf coffee. I'm not talking about buying a cup in starbucks, I'm talking about buying a jar at a retailer which I can take home. My body and caffeine don't agree, and with Summer coming up I'm desperate!

Does it exist in Japan?
    Thanks

Originally posted by yojax View Post
    Hi all,

I really want some decaf coffee. I'm not talking about buying a cup in starbucks, I'm talking about buying a jar at a retailer which I can take home. My body and caffeine don't agree, and with Summer coming up I'm desperate!

Does it exist in Japan?
    Thanks
    It does. You can buy it online or at Yamaya (one brand only), but it ain't cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_...8C%83X&x=0&y=0

I've tried this before using one of those traditional espresso makers and it was pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%A9%E3%83%90%E3%83%83%E3%83%84%E3%82%A1-%E3%83%87%E3%82%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%8 3%AC%E3%82%B9-VP-250g/dp/B000IZEQ8O/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1336908682&sr=8-7

Last edited by Hijinx; 2012-05-13, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

Does it exist in Japan?
      Thanks
      Can't you drink tea or something instead?

Comment

Kaldi sell decaf coffee and so do some healthfood shops. My wife drank a lot of the stuff when she was pregnant and found that the cheapest place (where you can buy larger quantities rather than the pathetic 50g jars) is the children/baby goods shop Akachan Honpo.

Comment

I'm talking about buying a jar at a retailer which I can take home.
          Thanks
          A jar of coffee? Gross.
          Fred

Comment

Hi all,

Does it exist in Japan?
            Thanks
            Intenso Capsule by Nespresso.
            The best Defcaf coffee you will ever have.

http://www.nespresso.com/#/jp/jp

Comment

Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post

decaf = non-alcohol beer.
              Fred

Comment

Hi all,

Does it exist in Japan?
                Thanks
                Nespresso is certainly an option. If you prefer something fresh roasted you might look up a local shop.
                I contacted the one I go to regularly and they said they make decaf, especially for pregnant women, as another poster mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
                  Can't you drink tea or something instead?
                  Speaking of Tea.
                  I've been looking for a specific French Apple Tea I had once ( From France) and it comes in a yellow tin.
                  It's suppose to be famous in Europe but for the life of me I cannot remember the name.
                  Ideas?

It's loose leaf Type.
                  Great Stuff.

Comment

Hi all,

Does it exist in Japan?
                    Thanks

spotted it a Yamaya a while back. As reported, in a small big with a BIG price tag. Mougi Cha, Jasmine, Herbal, Corn tea are the best options for decaf....

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I didn't even think of searching amazon.jp. No surprise they sell it. They sell everything. But as some of you have said it's not cheap. I appreciate some of the recommendations but I need instant stuff because of work. I can't drink tea instead because (a) I prefer coffee and (b) most tea also has enough caffeine in it to give my nervous system a jump start, much the same as coffee.

I'll keep searching!

Comment

And probably the most expensive..

Comment

The Lavassa decaf (blue package) is going to be your most common option. Kaldi and a lot of shops dealing in import goods have it.

Comment

Hi all,

Does it exist in Japan?
                            Thanks
                            You can get decaf beans from Starbucks if you want something other than instant:

http://store.starbucks.co.jp/4524785083363/

Comment

Speaking of Tea.
                              I've been looking for a specific French Apple Tea I had once ( From France) and it comes in a yellow tin.
                              It's suppose to be famous in Europe but for the life of me I cannot remember the name.
                              Ideas?

It's loose leaf Type.
                              Great Stuff.
                              Fauchon Apple Tea.
                              http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_3hlfrnqj84_b

Also there are Fauchon stores in nice departnent stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X