Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Game of Thrones - Non existent in Japan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones - Non existent in Japan?

I cannot find Game of Thrones anywhere! I want to show it to my Japanese friends and so am looking for a copy with Japanese subs. Has it even been released here? It's not at Tsutaya, local rental shop, nor is it on Hulu...?

any ideas?

maybe too much sex and nudity for Japanese? Theyd have to blur 90% of the movie lol.

But yah anything from HBO is probably too expensive to show over here. see GOT, Boardwalk Empire etc.

They FINALLY had the first showing of Band of brothers a few months back, so maybe in 10 years ey.

Comment

From what I gather, in Japan, high fantasy doesn’t go over too well.

The only reason Harry Potter sells is because of the cute and trendy aspects.

It may never come.

I, however, cant wait for the next season.

Comment

Probably because it is so complicated that Japanese people can not understand it, I know many native English speakers that do not. But it can be gotten you just have to know where, but no Japanese subs and not in Japan.

Comment

Japanese subs are available for download. According to mr Google.

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
            Japanese subs are available for download. According to mr Google.
            There is, for all seasons so far - a bunch of fans collaborated to get em done themselves and according to friends, are very good.. I gave the sub files and the full set of 1080p episodes to a few japanese coworkers.

The hardcore movie loving coworkers ADORED it, and are now eagerly awaiting the next season, however a larger number of coworkers displayed zero interest.

was funny hearing their reactions to Joffrey`s c**tworthyness!

There`s also japanese fan subs for the 1st season of american horror story - nice to see fansubbing starting here, as it seems some shows would never see the light of day otherwise.

podnapsi is your friend for SRT files.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to be in Japan when season 3 starts and unfortunately my tenants (Sakura House) are pretty stingy on downloading torrents from what I've heard. Can't wait to see the third season though. I've heard from someone who lived in Hong Kong that the tv series is somewhat popular in some Asian countries, but I'm not sure about Japan either.

Comment

Can`t wait til march! -

Most japanese people haven`t heard of it, those that have haven`t bothered because they can`t talk about it with friends and coworkers, and won`t bother to find out about it until its been officially released, advertised to hell and back and endorsed by some TV celeb. Then they`ll buy into it.

Comment

If you have star channel on J-com cable: I believe Game of Thrones is scheduled to start season 1 around the 28th of this month.

Comment

I was appalled when I found out that the natives have never heard of it. However, I was able to find it online, albeit in crappy quality, simply by doing enough google searches. There was a suspicious lack of nudity, and no subtitles, but I reckon that's what you're stuck with for now.

Comment

Can usually find a good quality link, personally haven't had any trouble with viruses and security (touch wood), but loading times on my older lap top are often slow, and occasionally links will be dead, presumably due to copyright blah blah blah (I still haven't seen the last 2 episodes of "Bored To Death".) So far GOT has been very available.
                      Last edited by french blue dog; 2013-03-03, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I really wanted to watch Game of Thrones for the first time a few months ago, but ran into the same problem. Can't find it anywhere. I don't torrent so that wasn't a possibility. I said F it and decided to buy the books off of Amazon. Hardcover was expensive, but totally worth it. Might as well read the original books first, then worry about the show when I'm done.

Only on Game of Thrones right now, but man is it fantastic. I have yet to read a dull moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Adol007fm View Post
                          From what I gather, in Japan, high fantasy doesn’t go over too well.
                          Yeah. European medieval stuff has got nothing the Japanese can relate to. That's probably why they have samurai stories on tv like "Taiga drama" etc. Don't see that going down too good in the US or Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by yu_ominae View Post
                            Yeah. European medieval stuff has got nothing the Japanese can relate to. That's probably why they have samurai stories on tv like "Taiga drama" etc. Don't see that going down too good in the US or Europe.
                            Strongly disagree. European mythology is very popular in Japan. In fact, every Japanese RPG I can think of is heavily European influenced. When was the last time you played an RPG that was set in a fuedal Japan setting? Those things are boring to the Japanese. That's why western drama and movies are so popular over here. No Japanese TV show has been popular in the states yet every major drama in the US finds its way to Japan. Japanese are facinated by foreign culture and Game of Thrones is no different. The show is already airing on the star network and the first season DVD will stores in Japan soon. Thats when its expected to take off. http://kotaku.com/here-have-some-gam...nese-509983023

Comment

I have been downloading it since it started by tormenting it. Visit eztv or just go to BtChat.com

Comment

Working...
                              X