Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

How many of you have a Dislike for Japan after having lived there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have a Dislike for Japan after having lived there?

Sometimes I wished I learned chinese. I have Chinese & Japanese friends . In my image Chinese are more social,open, friendly and active.

Friendship with Japanese people,There are a lot of superficial Japanese people out there, & Politeness being mistaken for kindness.
    I had spent 5 years in Japan,My Father Payed for everything, I have very good financial security and only had to focus on immersing myself in Japanese.
    I learned the Language really well, I could read kanji, I studied and devoted it my time. I entered a College of Fashion in Japan after gaining enough japanese experience, this was the breaking point of when I realized I donot want my future in Japan. I left the college after 1 year. My mind and personality has been affected by living abroad in Japan, I have japanese mannerism & sometimes Thoughts that I cannot change just yet.
    Though I donot like them very much, Japanese themselves tell me I am very japanese, especially the ones here in Spain, My new target country.
    I am American of Mexican Descent.

Anyways I left Japan, I realized that I did not want a career stuck in Japan. I know what Living in Japan is like, and I know that Japan is a very lonely place regardless of what you people might say. I wonder why you people would stay, especially being of western origin , But I stayed for the convenience, the culture, the people and the Materialistic things, until I realized I did not want this to be my life & that it was a bad reason.
    I was so distressed at the time and devotion I spent in Japan. Japanese have never been very rude to me, maybe just a few times, but the indifference,The quietness and the passion these people have was depressing.

Later on, I had a new goal, to live in Europe. I then came to Spain. It was a major culture shock, especially since I had just recently come from Japan a few months before.
    Europeans were always so Sociable, outgoing, Open, Friendly, and Loud,, Even if they were rude atleast it wasnt cheeky. But they love to conversate, and I have had such a social life and so many compliments by strangers & Ive met the nicest most expressive people in my life here. I felt like I had missed out on so much.
    And this is where I met the most passionate,expressive, caring, loving, loud, funny, arrogant Man, My Fiance!! Very different in behavior From a Japanese man!
    Even Japanese in Spain ask me Why did I ever live in Japan, they themselves tell me that Japanese are cold & depressed people, quiet, boring, unsociable & non-passionate & overworked. This is what japanese abroad always tell me.
    & This gets me wondering, Why are you guys still in Japan??? Having experience living there I think its a very Isolating country & the society is too superficial & the people too serious moreso than other societies.

Originally posted by kikikaikai View Post
    ....My Father Payed for everything,
    And this is where I met the most passionate,expressive, caring, loving, loud, funny, arrogant Man, My Fiance!!
    "My Father, who payed for everything, hallowed be his name..." (paid?)

We're please you found your soul mate.

When Spain is bankrupt in a few years(wait a minute, isn't Spain already under?), perhaps you'll consider coming back to Japan to work in the tourism business, promoting Japan to foreign visitors?

Good luck to you Kikaida and bless you.
    Last edited by Old Style; 2013-05-09, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Style View Post
      "My Father, who payed for everything, hallowed be his name..." (paid?)

We're please you found your soul mate.

When Spain is bankrupt in a few years(wait a minute, isn't Spain already under?), perhaps you'll consider coming back to Japan to work in the tourism business, promoting Japan to foreign visitors?

Good luck to you Kikaida and bless you.
      It is true that even I believe I could get a good job if I was to stay in Japan, but Money isnt everything & money & material things donot bring happiness, and Spain is doing fine & its beaches are not affected by the economy ^^, Though You are right that the economy is not perfect & and not doing so well, but the People are still Happy outgoing & very sociable , they are Happy and I think that is what matters more than money.
      Incase youve never been to Europe, Spain is a very tourist heavy country. Very extremely touristy. Infact many signs are written in Japanese because there are so many Japanese tourists here. I have never seen so many tourists in my life until I came to this country, it would make you believe that the tourists out number the locals. And I have lived in Japan, Japan is not a very touristy country. Ive seen it & can compare, believe me.
      Last edited by kikikaikai; 2013-05-09, 02:30 PM.

Comment

---------------------------------------
        Last edited by kikikaikai; 2013-05-09, 02:25 PM. Reason: Please delete this message

Comment

My goodness, how can I delete this, I didnt mean to spam messages. Havent used this board in Years
          Spam? Who did you spam?

Comment

Spain is OK if you are rich and you don't need to worry if you don't have a job.... But the thing is that most people here need a job to live, and currently there are no jobs...

Also, you can find that kind of people everywhere, you shouldn't just assume everyone you met in Japan or Spain are the same. You would find it funny but I think Spain and Japan have lots of things in common.

Comment

Japan is a country like any other, with it's positives and negatives. Each person will have different positives that appeal to them, and negatives that repel them, depending on their personality. Obviously for the OP, a number of the negative points hit his buttons, and not enough of the good points to overcome that.

Many things annoy me about this country and its people. But not nearly as many things as I like about it. Unlike the OP, I like the indifference most people show. I'm a private person, and rather than feeling lonely as a result of the indifference, I appreciate it that people are not always up in my business, and leave me alone for the most part. I have a small group of friends, and meeting with them from time to time is more than enough for me.

Comment

I should add, it is most definitely not the material things that keep me here. I live a very simple life, have few possessions, and don't need any more. It's the lifestyle I like here, not the things I can buy.

Comment

No, you're not. You're just Mexican. Your English gives you away. It's wonderful, but it's not native.

I like Mexicans, (I'm Canadian, btw), but Mexicans and Japanese are like a failed marriage.

I prefer the Japanese reticence. You guys can be really anoying with all that melodramatic BS.

But my family came from Denmark. Anal we can do. Enotional expression!???? No thanks.

BTW, most Japanese that move to Spain are the flakey twats we all hate. Be careful, eh?

So, why did you comeback after 7 years to post that BS????

Missing Japan, are we?

I do too, man.

Good luck man.

Comment

Does your question presume that one must have left Japan in order to answer it? That is, those of us who still live here - most probably do not have a dislike for Japan, hence we still live here. Since you disliked Japan, good for you that you moved away. Have a good life.

Comment

I dislike some things about Japan, like some others and am indifferent to a whole bunch of stuff about Japan as well. No country is perfect, but Japan as it goes is actually quite good, but it all depends on what you are looking for in life.

As you said, you had a good time in the beginning, then something changed, that can happen after seven years. You had the luxury of being able to leave and now you're happy. Maybe in seven years from now you'll be unhappy again, who knows?
                      Meeting your life's partner obviously has a lot to do with how you feel. If you had met a wonderful guy (or gal, whatever) in Japan you'd probably still be here and would be posting about how much you love it here.

Comment

I hope this does not degenerate into a 'stop liking something I hate!' thread.

Comment

Your Father Paid for everything .

This gets me wondering, Are you now living off a Spanish sugar daddy

Comment

Sometimes I wished I learned chinese. I have Chinese & Japanese friends . In my image Chinese are more social,open, friendly and active.

Friendship with Japanese people,There are a lot of superficial Japanese people out there, & Politeness being mistaken for kindness.
                            I had spent 5 years in Japan,My Father Payed for everything, I have very good financial security and only had to focus on immersing myself in Japanese.
                            I learned the Language really well, I could read kanji, I studied and devoted it my time. I entered a College of Fashion in Japan after gaining enough japanese experience, this was the breaking point of when I realized I donot want my future in Japan. I left the college after 1 year. My mind and personality has been affected by living abroad in Japan, I have japanese mannerism & sometimes Thoughts that I cannot change just yet.
                            Though I donot like them very much, Japanese themselves tell me I am very japanese, especially the ones here in Spain, My new target country.

Anyways I left Japan, I realized that I did not want a career stuck in Japan. I know what Living in Japan is like, and I know that Japan is a very lonely place regardless of what you people might say. I wonder why you people would stay, especially being of western origin , But I stayed for the convenience, the culture, the people and the Materialistic things, until I realized I did not want this to be my life & that it was a bad reason.
                            I was so distressed at the time and devotion I spent in Japan. Japanese have never been very rude to me, maybe just a few times, but the indifference,The quietness and the passion these people have was depressing.

Later on, I had a new goal, to live in Europe. I then came to Spain. It was a major culture shock, especially since I had just recently come from Japan a few months before.
                            Europeans were always so Sociable, outgoing, Open, Friendly, and Loud,, Even if they were rude atleast it wasnt cheeky. But they love to conversate, and I have had such a social life and so many compliments by strangers & Ive met the nicest most expressive people in my life here. I felt like I had missed out on so much.
                            And this is where I met the most passionate,expressive, caring, loving, loud, funny, arrogant Man, My Fiance!! Very different in behavior From a Japanese man!
                            Even Japanese in Spain ask me Why did I ever live in Japan, they themselves tell me that Japanese are cold & depressed people, quiet, boring, unsociable & non-passionate & overworked. This is what japanese abroad always tell me.
                            & This gets me wondering, Why are you guys still in Japan??? Having experience living there I think its a very Isolating country & the society is too superficial & the people too serious moreso than other societies.

Yeah......I was there a few years and pretty much felt this way. There is a feeling of sameness too and a lack of diversity that really got to me.

Comment

Originally posted by iamsen View Post
                              I hope this does not degenerate into a 'stop liking something I hate!' thread.
                              I hate when that happens!

Comment

Working...
                              X