Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Could It Be ? A Japanese Leader With Balls Between His Legs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could It Be ? A Japanese Leader With Balls Between His Legs ?

Ozawa tells U.S. envoy he won't budge

http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-...708080383.html

Opposition leader Ichiro Ozawa told U.S. Ambassador Thomas Schieffer on Wednesday that he has no intention of helping the ruling coalition extend an anti-terrorism special measures law that expires Nov. 1.

You tell em Ichiro.

"We cannot send (Self-Defense Force) troops to an area that does not directly affect the peace and security of Japan to participate in joint operations with the United States and others," Ozawa told him.

Sounds reasonable to me.

During the 50-minute meeting that was open to reporters, Schieffer said of the activities, "We look upon this as not only vital to the security of the international community but vital to the security of Japan as well."

Thatfs rich. How the hell is Japan helping America kill Muslims going to help the security of Japan? Seems to me it would have the opposite effect.

Sure is refreshing to see a Japanese politician who doesnft lick the boots of the American ambassador.

Yada yada Ozawa is talking tough now, but when November comes closer and the U.S. puts the squeeze on ,Ozawa will be sucking faster than a vacumn cleaner.

Comment

What squeeze and why will it happen in November?

Comment

there is any number of things they can do

Originally posted by rubirosa
        What squeeze and why will it happen in November?
        There is a whole department in the Pentagon dedicated to the military/political side of managing Japan. They have lot of coffee there and can come up with a multitude of things. 24 hour practice landings at Yokota air base, practice simulations of base defence against hostile host, eradication of the sea gulls in Okinawa, you name it, anything is possible, shoot they just might give all the Marines in Japan the weekend off, that would cause enough trouble to persuade any politician to fxxx off.

Comment

Originally posted by countryboy
          There is a whole department in the Pentagon dedicated to the military/political side of managing Japan. They have lot of coffee there and can come up with a multitude of things. 24 hour practice landings at Yokota air base, practice simulations of base defence against hostile host, eradication of the sea gulls in Okinawa, you name it, anything is possible, shoot they just might give all the Marines in Japan the weekend off, that would cause enough trouble to persuade any politician to fxxx off.
          Jesus! How come we get all the idiots of the world on this forum? This has got to be one of the dumbest posts ever.

Comment

Yes, Japan shouldn't help in the Mid East, cause if it all turns into a Caliphate, Japan can always rely on its domestic oil supplies to provide the electricity for your PC and air conditioning.

Comment

In the fantasy land the opposition party of Japan live in

They can posture and assert til the cows come home because despite Abe and co being absolute arseholes, the LDP will still be running Japan when we are dead and gone.

And how is this Opposition Leader a 'ballsy' guy? It's not very gutsy to say this when you're in opposition and with my chance of being the next Prime Minister of Japan. There's also the little matter of the US-Japan alliance.

Fine, let Japan say no in the Middle East and have the US sit on its hands if the Dear Leader and/or the Chinese decide to pay Japan back for all the long running hostilities they have had with it. Let the US pull all its military out of Japan.

See how quickly the opposition party will scream for American help

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan
                Jesus! How come we get all the idiots of the world on this forum? This has got to be one of the dumbest posts ever.
                He was being sarcastic, I think.

At least he is not as dumb as this guy.

Originally Posted by caramellocap

They can posture and assert til the cows come home because despite Abe and co being absolute arseholes, the LDP will still be running Japan when we are dead and gone.

And how is this Opposition Leader a 'ballsy' guy? It's not very gutsy to say this when you're in opposition and with my chance of being the next Prime Minister of Japan. There's also the little matter of the US-Japan alliance.

Fine, let Japan say no in the Middle East and have the US sit on its hands if the Dear Leader and/or the Chinese decide to pay Japan back for all the long running hostilities they have had with it. Let the US pull all its military out of Japan.

See how quickly the opposition party will scream for American help
                Who is too dense to realize that the US plans to use Japan as its first line of defense in case of any hostilities with China. Does this individual really think that the US keeps its military here to help Japan out? Doesn't this person know that if the Japanese economy tanked, because of war or whatever reason, America would not longer be able to finance its huge debt?

There are idiots everywhere you go, no doubt about it, but this board takes the cake.

Comment

[ Does this individual really think that the US keeps its military here to help Japan out? Doesn't this person know that if the Japanese economy tanked, because of war or whatever reason, America would not longer be able to finance its huge debt? [/COLOR]

There are idiots everywhere you go, no doubt about it, but this board takes the cake.[/QUOTE]

No,this is the worst post on this thread, fooking idiot.

Comment

Yeah rubirosa - a poster who has foot in mouth sydrome except

it's when he's writing.

Instead of shooting your trap off in written form, try reading something the way it was written.

Try learning about Japanese politics. Try entertaining the notion that the Opposition Party of Japan is posturing - it happens all the time in politics.

Try admitting that if the LDP lost power tomorrow, the new people would not be different.

You come across as an arrant goose in many of your posts. Too bad so sad about you.

Comment

Originally Posted by ezra
                      No,this is the worst post on this thread, fooking idiot.
                      Your insults are so lame you are making a fool of yourself. Now try answering the question you are avoiding: What squeeze and why will it happen in November?

Originally Posted by carmelocap
                      it's when he's writing.

Instead of shooting your trap off in written form, try reading something the way it was written.

Try learning about Japanese politics. Try entertaining the notion that the Opposition Party of Japan is posturing - it happens all the time in politics.

Try admitting that if the LDP lost power tomorrow, the new people would not be different.

You come across as an arrant goose in many of your posts. Too bad so sad about you.
                      Try looking at the title of the op, there ya go, see the question marks. Know what they mean? I think you just might be smart enough to know what a question mark is.

Now try pulling your foot out of your mouth and your head out of your ass.

And thanks for reading my posts bub.

Comment

Whoo hoo, another of those!

People reply to your post and you come out with the usual kindy insults. Sad, sad.

My first post was expressing the realities of the Japanese elctorate - it wasn't an attack on you but by the way you try to make like a kindy bully anytime someone doesn't disagree with you, you've got issues mate. Your problem.

As for your blether about how good Japan is to the US - Japan became the economic powerhouse it did post WW 2 because its crimes were absolved by the US, it wasn't held accountable and it prospered at the expense of those countries that should have been recompensed by the US and others.

The US and Japan alliance is mutual using. Looking at how Japan was allowed to skip out of its responsibilities post WW2 I think it's clear that it has benefited as much as the US from the alliance.

You can post and express differences without being puerile you know. Seems Japan is getting to you - that's the subliminal message running through a lot of your posts. Sad.

Then again from somebody who ordered me off the pot when I first started posting I spose I shouldn't expect any better.
                        Growing up is hard but you've gotta do it sometime. Give it a try!

Comment

Look dude, I can take it as well as I can give it. I donft have anything against you and if my reply was a bit caustic, well, thatfs the pot. I donft recall ever ordering you off the pot and it you could prove what you say that would be most interesting.

My point is that, posturing or not, it is refreshing to see a Japanese politician who does not tow the line that America sets. As far as America letting Japan of the hook, ask Macaplo about that, you will surely get a differing view from him.

There are no hard feelings on this end, and I hope on your end too. I look forward to debating you in the future.

Have a good one.

Comment

Okay! Same!

Comment

what do you know of the support right now?

Mellcap and rosa,
                              what do you know of the help that Jeitai has been giving to the US? I have a friend who flies for JASDF and the only thing that they are helping with cargo and the like.

WHat about ground forces? I was under the impression that Japan was strictly self defense and some think the reason why Abe wanted the 180 on the article 9 (?) was to establish a greater presence among the super powers in defense and to abolish the constitution written by the US. The idea was not to be an aggresor but to help in the war to possibly reap some type of reward. I agree with mello that the Japanese want us here and depend on us at some point or another and that one politician trying to throw away years of Japan-US backscratching would likely be facing a lot of opposition in his homeland. It is all for the votes and the papers though right?

Comment

Working...
                              X