Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Another sign of Japan's steady decline??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another sign of Japan's steady decline??????

I got this tidbit of info from the English version of the Bullet Train English timetable. Apparently they can't even figure out how to keep the damn Northeast Bullet Trains clean all year round.

http://www.shinkansen.co.jp/jikoku_hyo/en/

Gala Yuzawa Station is a temporary station of the flea in winter.

Jouetsu Shinkansen: Gala Yuzawa Station will stop the flea for the business period of the ski area.

Here's the Japanese version:

V̉^s

y K[w͓~Gm~̗Վw z
    zV:K[w̓XL[̉cƊԃm~Ԓv܂B
    I almost chastised myself when I tried to figure out what the hell they were on about and came up with a rather uncharitable hypothesis, but I was right.

It seems human translators will have a job for a while yet.

And the answer is:

m~ (nomi) means 'only', but is homonymous with the word for flea, among other things.

It's probably better for theirs and the town's business they didn't go with this version:

Gala Yuzawa Station is a temporary station of the chisel in winter.

Jouetsu Shinkansen: Gala Yuzawa Station will stop the chisel for the business period of the ski area.

And as some wag might add: Gala Yuzawa Station will resume the chisel for the summer Onsen business period.
    Last edited by kurogane; 2011-03-30, 10:34 PM.

Gala Yuzawa Station is a temporary station of the flea in winter.

Jouetsu Shinkansen: Gala Yuzawa Station will stop the flea for the business period of the ski area.
    Why stop with fleas? If they can figure out a way to stop the fleas, then maybe they can also get rid of all the SLu. And I mean in all of Japan, not just the stations! How awesome would THAT be?! But it's Japan, so one small step at a time.

Comment

never heard of fleas in winter.... but I suppose they could hide in a nice warm muff...

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
        never heard of fleas in winter.... but I suppose they could hide in a nice warm muff...
        Does your pussy have fleas? The one in your avatar I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench View Post
          Does your pussy have fleas? The one in your avatar I mean.

oh no... she is clean, pure, and unpenetrated by pricks of any sort...

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
            And the answer is:

m~ (nomi) means 'only', but is homonymous with the word for flea, among other things.

It's probably better for theirs and the town's business they didn't go with this version:
            How about a ~GۂݗՎw[ temporary (special...) winter drinking station?

Comment

Originally posted by Seattlegirl View Post
              Why stop with fleas? If they can figure out a way to stop the fleas, then maybe they can also get rid of all the SLu. And I mean in all of Japan, not just the stations! How awesome would THAT be?! But it's Japan, so one small step at a time.
              What are you baffleagabbling here about?

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                ...It seems human translators will have a job for a while yet. ...
                So what makes you think that they didn't use human translators?

Comment

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
                  No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by rei View Post
                    How about a ~GۂݗՎw[ temporary (special...) winter drinking station?

He he he. That's what the whole train is already, silly!!!!!!

Originally posted by Seattlegirl View Post
                    You're not normal....................

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
                    Originally posted by Subarctican View Post
                    No kidding.
                    Cynics!!!!!!!!

I was hoping against hope............

Comment

Bungled translation..... Imagine if they used the same type of translation for legal documents or international treaties...

Fleas and ____roaches. Where do you guys live? If you are in a newly build condo in a good neighborhood, you should not have any ____roach. Not sure of fleas. I don't keep pets in my place.

Comment

Working...
                      X