Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Ghosts of Ishimaki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts of Ishimaki

Superstition or real? You decide.
    One year on, 'ghosts' stalk tsunami-hit Ishinomaki

ISHINOMAKI ―
    A year after whole neighborhoods full of people were killed by the Japanese tsunami, rumors of ghosts swirl in Ishinomaki, Miyagi Prefecture, as the city struggles to come to terms with the awful tragedy.

【3月3日 AFP】東日本大震災による大津波からまもなく1年。大き な悲劇を乗り越えようと懸命な宮城県石巻市で「幽霊」 が出るという噂が飛び交っている。
    http://www.afpbb.com/article/disaster-accidents-crime/disaster/2862313/8585392

Originally posted by Andun View Post
    All depends on whether you believe in ghosts or not. Many of the victims were taken suddenly and its possible many don't even believe they are dead and are still walking around rather than going to the afterlife. Its entirely possible that some feel trapped between worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
      All depends on whether you believe in ghosts or not. Many of the victims were taken suddenly and its possible many don't even believe they are dead and are still walking around rather than going to the afterlife. Its entirely possible that some feel trapped between worlds.
      It`s my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiboo View Post
        It`s my case.
        Japan kind of does that to you if you live here long enough. I'm in a kind of purgatory myself, or in one of those mazes that you can't get out of.

Comment

Japan kind of does that to you if you live here long enough. I'm in a kind of purgatory myself, or in one of those mazes that you can't get out of.
          I`m not here long enough. I am actually fresh of the boat. I`ve been here several times on Tourist visa but now I live here permanently. I don`t think it`s Japan`s fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiboo View Post
            I`m not here long enough. I am actually fresh of the boat. I`ve been here several times on Tourist visa but now I live here permanently. I don`t think it`s Japan`s fault.
            Im at the other end, a lifer with no chance of parole. Went off the deep end a few years ago. Stuck between realities.

Comment

Im at the other end, a lifer with no chance of parole. Went off the deep end a few years ago. Stuck between realities.
              I`m sorry to hear that.

Comment

And now you're trapped in cyberspace on GaijinPot.

Comment

And now you're trapped in cyberspace on GaijinPot.
                  Like in one of those whirlpools at Naruto. Once you get sucked in you can't get out. Having kids in this country seals your inexorable fate.

Comment

All depends on whether you believe in ghosts or not.
                    Does it I mean, if it's real, it doesn't matter if you believe in ghosts or not, does it?

*nodding head* I can relate...

Comment

Originally posted by hml View Post
                      Does it I mean, if it's real, it doesn't matter if you believe in ghosts or not, does it?

*nodding head* I can relate...
                      There are endless stories of people seeing ghosts or spirits in Japan. or having strange sensations. One university I worked at years ago was apparently haunted. Ghosts I think are about as real as you can get and they manifest themselves in different ways.

Unless you actually experience these things for yourself its hard to believe these things actually exist. (A few weeks ago I watched a few ghost apparition clips on Youtube, its really up to the individual if they want to believe in the afterlife or not). Im inclined to believe that ghosts will be among us after such a tragedy.

Comment

Im inclined to believe that ghosts will be among us after such a tragedy.
                        Why qualify that with "after such a tragedy"? I'm honestly curious.

Comment

Originally posted by hml View Post
                          Why qualify that with "after such a tragedy"? I'm honestly curious.
                          Being the superstitious sort, many died a sudden and brutal death, without warning while for others they saw impending death close upon them. The water was travelling twice as fast as a Shinkansen and was four stories high, over 10-15 meters in places. Bodies that were recovered were smashed up because of debris floating in the war, people hit by pieces of wood, cars and even houses.

If you can imagine being struck by a train and being yanked out of your body before you even know what hit you then your spirit doesnt really have time to go "into the light" and its as if your time is not ready yet. People get "stuck" between worlds. You could probably say the same about people killed in 9-11.

I have seen Youtube video clips of ghosts of Princess Diana and Michael Jackson. You make your own mind up.

Comment

Being the superstitious sort, many died a sudden and brutal death, without warning while for others they saw impending death close upon them. The water was travelling twice as fast as a Shinkansen and was four stories high, over 10-15 meters in places. Bodies that were recovered were smashed up because of debris floating in the war, people hit by pieces of wood, cars and even houses.
                            Not to mention the suicides after the accident.

spirit doesnt really have time to go "into the light" and its as if your time is not ready yet. People get "stuck" between worlds.
                            You've been watching Ghost Whisperer haven't you? I can't keep my eyes off Jennifer Love Hewitt's puppies.

Comment

Not to mention the suicides after the accident.
                              Lots of suicides, lots of people dying alone in the shelters. Lots of people not being able to get medical attention.

when you have lost your family, your house, your business, and you are living in a gymnasium, what else is there to live for?

Comment

Working...
                              X