Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Ghosts of Ishimaki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
    I have seen Youtube video clips of ghosts of Princess Diana and Michael Jackson. You make your own mind up.
    It's amazing that someone managed to film them together seeing how Princess Di-ed (www) in 1997 and MJ in 2009.

Still, back in '97, he was just a ghost of his former self...

Comment

Originally posted by hml View Post
      It's amazing that someone managed to film them together seeing how Princess Di-ed (www) in 1997 and MJ in 2009.

Still, back in '97, he was just a ghost of his former self...
      Not in the same clips. Do a search of Ghost of Diana/Michael on You Tube. Theres one of her ghost on the balcony behind William and Kate and one of Michael Jackson at his own memorial service.

Comment

Im at the other end, a lifer with no chance of parole. Went off the deep end a few years ago. Stuck between realities.
        Why not go to Vietnam, Cambodia or Nepal? Teach English for a year and while doing that ease yourself into a non teaching job like running a tourism business or exporting raw textiles or some such. All 3 countries are in the wildwest phase similar to what Japan was in during the 50's and 60's when Nichola Koizumi made his money running a black market and some other semi legal businesses. Play your cards right, make the right moves and you can make a go of it.

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
          Why not go to Vietnam, Cambodia or Nepal? Teach English for a year and while doing that ease yourself into a non teaching job like running a tourism business or exporting raw textiles or some such. All 3 countries are in the wildwest phase similar to what Japan was in during the 50's and 60's when Nichola Koizumi made his money running a black market and some other semi legal businesses. Play your cards right, make the right moves and you can make a go of it.
          I'm waiting till kids come of age (my son is in JHS and living with his mother) and they are independent. Get out of debt and save some money. Cant really do anything major for another 2-3 years. I feel like its shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic in this country.

Comment

I'm waiting till kids come of age (my son is in JHS and living with his mother) and they are independent. Get out of debt and save some money. Cant really do anything major for another 2-3 years. I feel like its shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic in this country.
            Nice! And unlike the recently infamous Italian captain, you've decided to go down with your ship.

Comment

Nice! And unlike the recently infamous Italian captain, you've decided to go down with your ship.
              Yes, the proverbial frog in the boiling water.

Comment

Yes, the proverbial frog in the boiling water.
                Maybe we should get the frog out of the onsen and set out some karakuchi sake and some dried squid tidbits to propriate the ghosts until we can call in an exorcist.

Comment

Maybe we should get the frog out of the onsen and set out some karakuchi sake and some dried squid tidbits to propriate the ghosts until we can call in an exorcist.
                  Gotta love Japanese and their quaint rituals eh.

Just like the Americans and singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Comment

Gotta love Japanese and their quaint rituals eh.

Just like the Americans and singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Wal it cain't start til tha fat lady sings.

An

It ain't ovah til tha fat lady sings.

Mebe thars too many fat ladees singin n tha USA

Comment

Wal it cain't start til tha fat lady sings.

An

It ain't ovah til tha fat lady sings.

Mebe thars too many fat ladees singin n tha USA
                      Lol (more characters needed)

Comment

There are endless stories of people seeing ghosts or spirits in Japan. or having strange sensations. One university I worked at years ago was apparently haunted. Ghosts I think are about as real as you can get and they manifest themselves in different ways.

Unless you actually experience these things for yourself its hard to believe these things actually exist. (A few weeks ago I watched a few ghost apparition clips on Youtube, its really up to the individual if they want to believe in the afterlife or not). Im inclined to believe that ghosts will be among us after such a tragedy.
                        Well... it is actually your choice. If you "experience" them, and come to the conclusion, that it this not your own mind fooling you, then you can indeed "go off the deep end" as you say. You may be "inclined to believe that ghosts will be among us after such a tragedy."
                        Sorry, but would it not make much more sense to simply understand that a traumatic catastrophe like that, that may have wiped out every member of family, can shock your mind into a state, where it then might make more sense not to decide what is real and what not, for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by John Grey View Post
                          Sorry, but would it not make much more sense to simply understand that a traumatic catastrophe like that, that may have wiped out every member of family, can shock your mind into a state, where it then might make more sense not to decide what is real and what not, for a while?
                          I do know of one actual case like that, where a friend of my brothers lost his entire family in a plane crash and his sisters were raped and murdered by mercenaries. Call it post traumatic stress disorder but it f--ked it up for years to come. Many people who have been through war zones experience the same thing.

Its quite possible people had hallucinations, nightmares as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X