Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Man dies after being beaten in Roppongi club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies after being beaten in Roppongi club

http://www.japantoday.com/category/c...-roppongi-club

"TOKYO \ A man died after he was beaten by a gang of about 10 men wearing ski masks in a club in Roppingi early Sunday morning.

According to police, they received a call from the club Flower at about 3:40 a.m., reporting trouble, NTV reported. Witnesses were quoted as saying that a gang of about 10 men came into the club. Some were brandishing metal bats and attacked a 31-year-old man who was drinking with friends.
    The attack lasted about 1-2 minutes, witnesses said. The gang left immediately after the assault and got away in a van, police said. The 31-year-old victim was taken to hospital with severe head injuries, but was pronounced dead.
    Police said there were about 300 people in the club at the time, but no one else was injured, NTV reported."

Ah roppongi...what a nice place.

Originally posted by speedboat View Post

http://www.japantoday.com/category/c...-roppongi-club

"TOKYO \ A man died after he was beaten by a gang of about 10 men wearing ski masks in a club in Roppingi early Sunday morning.

According to police, they received a call from the club Flower at about 3:40 a.m., reporting trouble, NTV reported. Witnesses were quoted as saying that a gang of about 10 men came into the club. Some were brandishing metal bats and attacked a 31-year-old man who was drinking with friends.
    The attack lasted about 1-2 minutes, witnesses said. The gang left immediately after the assault and got away in a van, police said. The 31-year-old victim was taken to hospital with severe head injuries, but was pronounced dead.
    Police said there were about 300 people in the club at the time, but no one else was injured, NTV reported."

Ah roppongi...what a nice place.
    Wouldn't you know it ? The one night that Ken Seeroi is taking the day off as Superman is the night that revenge is extracted at Flower !

Comment

Was he a Gaijin?
      Otherwise I could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post
        Was he a Gaijin?
        Otherwise I could care less.

You could care less?

How much do you care now?

Personally I couldn't care less...because I can't care less than zero.

It is nice that you are a caring person.

Comment

Originally posted by Chromedome View Post
          You could care less?

What he said.

Stop that sh1t.

Comment

Originally posted by TIKI View Post
            Wouldn't you know it ? The one night that Ken Seeroi is taking the day off as Superman is the night that revenge is extracted at Flower !
            Maybe it was Ken, getting "payback" for not minding his business!

Comment

Your attempt to shame me fails miserably.
              Simple fact. Some deserving loudmouth (or rival boss) gets beaten to death in some ____ehole bar by ten yaks?

Could care less.

Actually it made me chuckle.

Comment

According to the Japanese media and other sources, a group of ten men wearing ski-masks burst into the Roppongi Club Flower today at approximately 3:40 am and assaulted four men and women sitting together, clubbing one to death and injuring the others.
                The police cordoned off the crime scene, where the killing took place. (Photo courtesy of Jason Gatewood at http://www.jlgatewood.com)

The assailants appeared to be targeting Ryosuke Fujimoto, age 31, a customer of the dance club, and according to some reports, a bar manager in the area. The assault lasted less than two minutes and the men spoke not a word while beating Mr. Fujimoto to death with a metal pipes and aluminum baseballs bats. The cause of death is believed to be a severe cranial fracture.
                There were 300 people in the club at the time. No one intervened and many customers didnft realize what was happening until after the men had fled. They are believed to have left the crime scene in a van parked nearby.
                The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Investigation Division One ŒxŽ‹’¡‘{¸ˆê‰Û (Homicide and Violent Crimes) is investigating the case as a homicide. On December 14th, 2011, a group of twenty men burst into a Roppongi Cabaret club and assaulted four members affiliated with the Yamaguchi-gumi Kokusui-kai (ŽRŒû‘g‘ˆ‰ï), with beer bottles and blunt weapons, injuring one of them severely. The police suspect there may be a possible link to the two cases. The assault in December was believed to have been carried out by members of the Kanto Rengo (ŠÖ“Œ˜A‡) a loosely networked gang different from the traditional yakuza, and not a designated organized crime group. Kanto Rengo is known for extremely violent assaults and because they are not a designated organized crime group, they are subject to less restrictions than the Yamaguchi-gumi and other crime groups.

Comment

You could care less?

I've noticed a lot of people use this phrase incorrectly lately.

It's pretty straight forward, isn't it? "I could care less" = I don't care too much but I care a little bit about it. Thus, I could care less but I won't because I still care a little bit about it.

Why do people, mainly native English speakers, confuse this phrase?

It's like when people used to always say, "Irregardless" for "Regardless".

Maybe it's going to take another 30 years for people to get it straight.

Comment

Originally posted by *** View Post
                    I've noticed a lot of people use this phrase incorrectly lately.

It's pretty straight forward, isn't it? "I could care less" = I don't care too much but I care a little bit about it. Thus, I could care less but I won't because I still care a little bit about it.

Why do people, mainly native English speakers, confuse this phrase?

It's like when people used to always say, "Irregardless" for "Regardless".

Maybe it's going to take another 30 years for people to get it straight.
                    It's clear that YT did not understand his mistake and even compounded it.

Regarding the word "irregardless": It is actually a word and appears in many dictionaries, especially modern, descriptive ones, with a note that it's nonstandard. It's like a concession that a word exists but a caution about using it. I will never use it because I think it makes the user sound illiterate.

Comment

ouch, that had to hurt..

Comment

Originally posted by Seattlegirl View Post
                        It's clear that YT did not understand his mistake and even compounded it.

Regarding the word "irregardless": It is actually a word and appears in many dictionaries, especially modern, descriptive ones, with a note that it's nonstandard. It's like a concession that a word exists but a caution about using it. I will never use it because I think it makes the user sound illiterate.
                        The use of that word literally makes my hair stand on end.

Well, not literally............figuratively, maybe??????

Words like Irregardless are mostly used as striver pretense.

And since pretentious strivers usually adore sloganistical platitudes, well..........

It is what it is.

Done and done.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                          The use of that word literally makes my hair stand on end.

Well, not literally............figuratively, maybe??????

Words like Irregardless are mostly used as striver pretense.

And since pretentious strivers usually adore sloganistical platitudes, well..........

It is what it is.

Done and done.

Yeah, but did you see in that pic how the J-Kops are now equipped with lightsabers?

Comment

Originally posted by Seattlegirl View Post
                            I will never use it because I think it makes the user sound illiterate.
                            I'll remind you girl, that it's idiomatic.

Seattle-ites:
                            Twitterpated literal coffee sippers the lot of ye.

I may be illiterate,

but I'm too lovable to care.

Comment

Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post
                              I may be illiterate,

but I'm too lovable to care.
                              I don't know about that, but you always come over as a total pr!ck.

I wonder how long before you excuse it as being American English?

Personally I careless, but you are an embarressment to American English.

Comment

Working...
                              X