Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Man dies after being beaten in Roppongi club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody saw this ?
    "Police investigators on Wednesday revealed that Fujimoto had a confrontation with a group of four young men at Flower the week before, when he was visiting the club for the first time. The men are alleged to have been a part of the group that attacked Fujimoto under the pretext of offering an apology for the previous weekfs disturbance."

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2012/09...ogy-to-victim/

Shouldn't the "31-year owner of a yakiniku restaurant in Shibuya" look after his own place first, rather than hanging around in the VIP lounge of a club in Roppongi ? And that he would avoid the place if he ran into trouble the last time ?

My personal guess is that he was there for the second time to extort money from the owners or at least an important yak-related club regular. As the 4 regular bouncers the week before had not discouraged him, he came again and the "cavalry" was brought in to get rid of him. Note that they went in through the back door and picked the perfect moment " With the lighting subdued and the music turned up, hardly anyone would have noticed the attack except someone close by the victimfs table."
    That theory would also mean that they just intended to beat him up, but not kill him, which is bad for business.
    Last edited by ttokyo; 2012-09-06, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Why are foreigners (white people, specifically) in Japan so quick to argue over who has the most legitimate Yakuza/gangster stories? Do you people really care or feel it's a gauge to measure coolness?

Without knowing the deceased, I can still muster a feeling of, 'Wow...that`s really a shame.' And of course those with a connection/relationship to him will be way more touched and affected by the events.

However, it seems in a majority of these situations all over the world, somewhere down the line there was a connection/crossed path between victim and perpetrator. Not 100% guaranteed, but it usually plays out that way once all the facts are put forth.

Not saying because a deal goes bad, it gives anyone the right to kill you. But when you get into bed with these types of people, generally speaking, you have an understanding of what they are capable of and better have all your bases covered.

I don't care about Yakuza or other gangsters roaming Japan. But surely if I borrow money from them, screw one of their wives/gfs, or renig on a deal we had - I'm not exactly going to be surprised when I get clubbed to death at the Ito Yokado or my house shot full of holes. But just the same, 9 times out of 10, unless you have some form of interaction with these groups, they aren`t going to waste their energy on unwanted attention that does not benefit them in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by ttokyo View Post
        Anybody saw this ?
        "Police investigators on Wednesday revealed that Fujimoto had a confrontation with a group of four young men at Flower the week before, when he was visiting the club for the first time. The men are alleged to have been a part of the group that attacked Fujimoto under the pretext of offering an apology for the previous weekfs disturbance."

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2012/09...ogy-to-victim/

Shouldn't the "31-year owner of a yakiniku restaurant in Shibuya" look after his own place first, rather than hanging around in the VIP lounge of a club in Roppongi ? And that he would avoid the place if he ran into trouble the last time ?

My personal guess is that he was there for the second time to extort money from the owners or at least an important yak-related club regular. As the 4 regular bouncers the week before had not discouraged him, he came again and the "cavalry" was brought in to get rid of him. Note that they went in through the back door and picked the perfect moment " With the lighting subdued and the music turned up, hardly anyone would have noticed the attack except someone close by the victimfs table."
        That theory would also mean that they just intended to beat him up, but not kill him, which is bad for business.
        According to the link you provided the four young men came to the club to apologize to the victim. Yet nobody was surprised that they came masked and carrying what looked like baseball bats/metal pipes and that they alsp brought six other masked people with them?
        Last edited by BackDoor_Man; 2012-09-07, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
          According to the link you provided the four young men came to the club to apologize to the victim. Yet nobody was surprised that they came masked and carrying what looked like baseball bats/metal pipes and that they a;sp brought six other masked people with them?
          It said the club has a security check at the entrance, but the article said they 'somehow' came in through the emergency exit. True 'back door men', in a sense...

Comment

It said the club has a security check at the entrance, but the article said they 'somehow' came in through the emergency exit. True 'back door men', in a sense...
            Good observation!
            BTW does anyone know if Ricky Roa's family still owns the Roi Bldg?

Comment

Originally posted by frownsarefun View Post
              Why are foreigners (white people, specifically) in Japan so quick to argue over who has the most legitimate Yakuza/gangster stories? Do you people really care or feel it's a gauge to measure coolness?

Without knowing the deceased, I can still muster a feeling of, 'Wow...that`s really a shame.' And of course those with a connection/relationship to him will be way more touched and affected by the events.

However, it seems in a majority of these situations all over the world, somewhere down the line there was a connection/crossed path between victim and perpetrator. Not 100% guaranteed, but it usually plays out that way once all the facts are put forth.

Not saying because a deal goes bad, it gives anyone the right to kill you. But when you get into bed with these types of people, generally speaking, you have an understanding of what they are capable of and better have all your bases covered.

I don't care about Yakuza or other gangsters roaming Japan. But surely if I borrow money from them, screw one of their wives/gfs, or renig on a deal we had - I'm not exactly going to be surprised when I get clubbed to death at the Ito Yokado or my house shot full of holes. But just the same, 9 times out of 10, unless you have some form of interaction with these groups, they aren`t going to waste their energy on unwanted attention that does not benefit them in any way.

That was one of the finest posts we have had in years.

Having had both enjoyable and detestable interactions with probable Yakuza and Chinpira over the years, I agree completely, and salute you.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of my Dead Shacho Yakiniku Restaraunt jokes????

Comment

Originally posted by Iamfullofplaymind
                Distasteful, perhaps even sick, but seeing how you are now asking posters to acknowledge your attempt at humor, I believe it explains where it comes from and I will let you to it. You're obviously still in puberty. Yo!
                Homophillic Ameri____, yeah!?????

You beat my meat.
                Last edited by kurogane; 2012-09-07, 09:11 PM.

Comment

This was just on tv. Outside video camera footage shows that the assailants are Japanese.

You can tell the difference by random visual cues, can you?

Or did you mean of an Asian persuasion, you racist?
                  Last edited by kurogane; 2012-09-07, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I'm sure I don't understand what you mean. Yo!
                    I heard a loud " BANG " coming from my computer and saw the smoke rising.....

I have since dialed 911 and the authorities will be on their way shortly !!!

Comment

I think I was just teasing you about being a racist, there.

Probably some stupid joke based on "how the hell can you identify a Japanese (vs. other East Asians) on sight alone from a videotape??? "

Probably not unrelated to your own questions on the lost passport thread.

All coz you didn't like my discount Yakiniku jokes.

But I forget.

FYI, Bad Taste News Stories and related puns and jokes are sort of a staple around here.

Mind you, the death of Steve Irwin took some of the sting out of it all.

We just don't seem to have the heart for it anymore.

Perhaps a few meatier stories would put a ray of creativity back into our world????

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                        I think I was just teasing you about being a racist, there.

Probably some stupid joke based on "how the hell can you identify a Japanese (vs. other East Asians) on sight alone from a videotape??? "

Probably not unrelated to your own questions on the lost passport thread.

All coz you didn't like my discount Yakiniku jokes.

But I forget.

FYI, Bad Taste News Stories and related puns and jokes are sort of a staple around here.

Mind you, the death of Steve Irwin took some of the sting out of it all.

We just don't seem to have the heart for it anymore.

Perhaps a few meatier stories would put a ray of creativity back into our world????
                        But that's an Ozzie thing. Doesn't take a wizard to figure it out.

Comment

Looks like there were all Japanese

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2012/09...sed-by-police/

Comment

Originally posted by wernst View Post
                            Yep, they look asian. Well, the one's without masks.

Comment

Tokyo reporter now quotes reports that the killing was either over a loan or drug-related and the attackers were China-related :

"Fujimoto, who was of Korean descent, operated a number of bars and restaurants in Tokyo. According to a younger friend, the victim opened a ggirlfs yakiniku (grilled beef)h restaurant called Meushi in the Shibuya entertainment area in June of last year. gCute female waitresses showing a bit of skin serve high-quality meat,h says the acquaintance. ... Shukan Asahi (Sep. 21) says that Fujimoto also had a stake in roughly 20 other restaurants in the Shimokitazawa and Shibuya areas. ... Meushi proved popular, but its existence was due to a loan from a questionable source. gHe appears to have borrowed a lot of money from a person affiliated with organized crime,h says a person familiar with the matter. gHowever, after one year, he hadnft repaid the loan and was living a nice life.h
                              As a result, a non-gangster organization — specially referred to as furyoshudan, or gundesirable grouph — was hired to attack Fujimoto, says the same Friday source, who does not name the group.

Shukan Asahi believes that the lender was not only a former gang member but also originally a member of the bosozoku biker gang Kanto Rengo (֓A), and that the hit was hired out to another furyoshukdan gang called Dragon ({), an affiliate group of Kanto Rengo whose core membership is comprised of second and third generation returnees from China following the end of World War II.
                              gThe group seems to have a reputation for dealing in drugs,h Fridayfs source continues, referring to Kanto Rengo. gTwo years ago, this group got mixed up in trouble at Flower. They wound up blackmailing the club for leverage.h

The benefit was access to the VIP room and knowledge of the emergency exit, which allowed the suspects to avoid having to enter the premises at the guarded main entrance. gIt shows that they had inside information,h says the same source.

Shukan Asahi offers another possible reason for the attack. gIn 2008, a Kanto Rengo member of Korean descent was assaulted and killed by a group in Shinjuku,h says a person with knowledge of dealings in the underworld. gAn organized crime group manages a particular drug route, and this guy attempted to muscle in on the action. Since Fujimoto was also of Korean descent, there are rumors going around that he attempted to participate in a similar way as well.h (K.N.) "

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2012/09...n-to-gangster/

Comment

Shukan Asahi offers another possible reason for the attack. gIn 2008, a Kanto Rengo member of Korean descent was assaulted and killed by a group in Shinjuku,h says a person with knowledge of dealings in the underworld. gAn organized crime group manages a particular drug route, and this guy attempted to muscle in on the action. Since Fujimoto was also of Korean descent, there are rumors going around that he attempted to participate in a similar way as well.h (K.N.) "
                                Jackie Chan? heh

Btw why didnt the catch these guys yet? they have them on camera, they have the cars plates, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X