Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Australian loser arrested for July holdup in Roppongi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chromedome View Post
    Does little Paul Hogan look like Verne Troyer?
    Thank you for the laugh-out-loud. pretty quick on the draw there...

Comment

Originally posted by Penderforce View Post
      I'm almost his age and have been through the first thing you mention. Funny thing is the best thing I ever did was leave my ALT job ditch my privates and head home after 20 years. I'm now doing guided tours to Japan and making more in three tours per year than I would ever have made in a year as an ALT.

Things are looking up and no Japanese wife to boot. Never worked for NOVA though.
      I was just making up a background scenario for the story. Although it mightn't be too far from reality.

Did you work as an ALT for 20 years? I suppose you must have been on a better contract 20 years ago then people seem to get now.

I never would have thought the tour guided gig would be that good (or are you the organizer too?) - good on you either way.

Comment

Originally posted by jrp View Post
        I was just making up a background scenario for the story. Although it mightn't be too far from reality.

Did you work as an ALT for 20 years? I suppose you must have been on a better contract 20 years ago then people seem to get now.

I never would have thought the tour guided gig would be that good (or are you the organizer too?) - good on you either way.
        I worked around 17 years as an ALT it was good to take up the morning, afternoon, but as we all know the main market is after school and after 5.30 for the average Salary Man.

I am the organizer of these tours . There would be no money in it otherwise. Cool though, I get to do Tokyo, Kyoto, plus Kinugawa Onsen and make heaps of cash out of it.

Comment

I worked around 17 years as an ALT it was good to take up the morning, afternoon, but as we all know the main market is after school and after 5.30 for the average Salary Man.

I am the organizer of these tours . There would be no money in it otherwise. Cool though, I get to do Tokyo, Kyoto, plus Kinugawa Onsen and make heaps of cash out of it.
          Personally I think the main market might be kids these days. Anyway this is something I could do in the future, and on both ends. You don't have any visa problems getting into Japan numerous times a year do you?

Comment

Sounds like you have a good gig. How did you work this out?

Comment

Working...
            X