Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Top

Collapse

Haircut for Black people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haircut for Black people

    Hi, I am a Black student in Tokyo. Please anyone here with any information of where to to find a preferably black or Japanese person with good hair cutting skills for black people within Tokyo? In other words that can cut a black persons hair very well and at a cheap rate. Your shared knowledge would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shibuy...Japan&t=m&z=19

    In the building called ニュー渋谷コーポラスゴルデンプラザ渋谷 (right in the middle of the above map). 9th floor, turn right out the elevator, last door on the left. The stylists are African guys.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Effected After View Post
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shibuy...Japan&t=m&z=19

      In the building called ニュー渋谷コーポラスゴルデンプラザ渋谷 (right in the middle of the above map). 9th floor, turn right out the elevator, last door on the left. The stylists are African guys.

      Here's one of the dudes from their website:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Effected After View Post
        http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shibuy...Japan&t=m&z=19

        In the building called ニュー渋谷コーポラスゴルデンプラザ渋谷 (right in the middle of the above map). 9th floor, turn right out the elevator, last door on the left. The stylists are African guys.
        Thanks a lot. Please I cannot read japanese could you write that in english or could u give me their website if they have one. thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Just print out that text, you don't want something in English, because if you ask people, they won't know, and if you only have it in English, you won't be able to compare it to what you see on the building.

          What it says is: New Shibuya Corplass (??) Golden Plaza Shibuya. I'm not sure about the corplass - it's koopurasu in Japanese, but I can't think of any word that matches.

          It's across from 'Parco 3'. If you ask people where that is, someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Most people know Parco. The place itself is an apartment building.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
            Here's one of the dudes from their website:

            That may be the most awesome afro ever.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Effected After View Post
              Just print out that text, you don't want something in English, because if you ask people, they won't know, and if you only have it in English, you won't be able to compare it to what you see on the building.

              What it says is: New Shibuya Corplass (??) Golden Plaza Shibuya. I'm not sure about the corplass - it's koopurasu in Japanese, but I can't think of any word that matches.

              It's across from 'Parco 3'. If you ask people where that is, someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Most people know Parco. The place itself is an apartment building.
              Thanks. I think koopurasu must surely mean 'Corporate'. Lol. I would go look for it today. I am close to shibuya. Thanks a lot for your information. Have u used this place before (assuming you are black)?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
                Here's one of the dudes from their website:

                LOOOL. I honestly did not know if to laugh or be appalled by that foto. Ugh!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not black, but my buddy goes there regularly.
                  Last edited by Effected After; 2012-10-07, 05:08 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                    I'm not black, but my buddy goes there regularly.

                    cool. thanks a lot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Joaquin64 View Post
                      Hi, I am a Black student in Tokyo. ....

                      Is Black your major??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Joaquin64 View Post
                        Thanks. I think koopurasu must surely mean 'Corporate'. Lol. I would go look for it today. I am close to shibuya. Thanks a lot for your information. Have u used this place before (assuming you are black)?

                        New Shibuya Co Plus Golden Plaza Shibuya

                        The building name is basically English.

                        If you say it with a Japanese accent, you'll be saying it correctly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                          I'm not black, but my buddy goes there regularly.
                          "I'm not black..." That sounds like the beginning of a joke, or a really lame precursor to a racist comment.

                          And in some cases, both.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hml View Post
                            "I'm not black..." That sounds like the beginning of a joke, or a really lame precursor to a racist comment.

                            And in some cases, both.
                            I'm sure the OP was not offended by EAs comment - because it was entirely relevant and appropriate in this context.

                            EA is not black and so hasn't actually been to the salon himself, but has a friend (I'm assuming black) who goes there regularly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PurpleDaisies View Post
                              I'm sure the OP was not offended by EAs comment - because it was entirely relevant and appropriate in this context.

                              EA is not black and so hasn't actually been to the salon himself, but has a friend (I'm assuming black) who goes there regularly.
                              Relax! I was just having a laugh. It *does* sound like the beginning to a joke, after all!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X