Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Haircut for Black people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hml
    replied
    Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
    Maybe you should change your byline to "I'm blaaaaaack! Did you miss me?" Except that you're not black (I think) so it wouldn't be funny, just a bit odd. If you were black it would be funnier.
    That *would* be funny if a black guy said it. And, no, I'm not black - but I *AM* homogeneous.

Originally posted by Joaquin64 View Post
    Guys, there really is no need to start anything here. I took no offence to whatever anything was sed as i knew it was all sed with no rude intentions. NOT EVERYTHING IS A RACIAL SLUR! and i'm definitely not one of those black dudes that wuld find a dumb reason to see every joke as a racial offence. lol. Have a great day.
    Glad to hear it cuz none was meant!

But I do love people who can take a good jabbing!

Leave a comment:

• Joaquin64
    replied
    Originally posted by Effected After View Post
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shibuy...Japan&t=m&z=19

In the building called ニュー渋谷コーポラスゴルデンプラザ渋谷 (right in the middle of the above map). 9th floor, turn right out the elevator, last door on the left. The stylists are African guys.
    Hey! Please see your private inbox.

Leave a comment:

• Joaquin64
    replied
    Guys, there really is no need to start anything here. I took no offence to whatever anything was sed as i knew it was all sed with no rude intentions. NOT EVERYTHING IS A RACIAL SLUR! and i'm definitely not one of those black dudes that wuld find a dumb reason to see every joke as a racial offence. lol. Have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• twelvedown
    replied
    Originally posted by hml View Post
    "I'm not black..." That sounds like the beginning of a joke, or a really lame precursor to a racist comment.

And in some cases, both.
    Maybe you should change your byline to "I'm blaaaaaack! Did you miss me?" Except that you're not black (I think) so it wouldn't be funny, just a bit odd. If you were black it would be funnier.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleDaisies
    replied
    Relax! I was just having a laugh. It *does* sound like the beginning to a joke, after all!
    It does indeed
    I'm really tired and have a deadline due tomorrow and am not near ready ( which of course is why I am procrastinating on GP )

Duly relaxing as requested

Leave a comment:

• hml
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleDaisies View Post
    I'm sure the OP was not offended by EAs comment - because it was entirely relevant and appropriate in this context.

EA is not black and so hasn't actually been to the salon himself, but has a friend (I'm assuming black) who goes there regularly.
    Relax! I was just having a laugh. It *does* sound like the beginning to a joke, after all!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleDaisies
    replied
    "I'm not black..." That sounds like the beginning of a joke, or a really lame precursor to a racist comment.

And in some cases, both.
    I'm sure the OP was not offended by EAs comment - because it was entirely relevant and appropriate in this context.

EA is not black and so hasn't actually been to the salon himself, but has a friend (I'm assuming black) who goes there regularly.

Leave a comment:

• hml
    replied
    I'm not black, but my buddy goes there regularly.

And in some cases, both.

Leave a comment:

• ruserious
    replied
    Thanks. I think koopurasu must surely mean 'Corporate'. Lol. I would go look for it today. I am close to shibuya. Thanks a lot for your information. Have u used this place before (assuming you are black)?

New Shibuya Co Plus Golden Plaza Shibuya

The building name is basically English.

If you say it with a Japanese accent, you'll be saying it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• well_bicyclically
    replied
    Hi, I am a Black student in Tokyo. ....

Is Black your major??

Leave a comment:

• Joaquin64
    replied

cool. thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Last edited by Effected After; 2012-10-07, 05:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joaquin64
    replied
    Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
    Here's one of the dudes from their website:

LOOOL. I honestly did not know if to laugh or be appalled by that foto. Ugh!

Leave a comment:

• Joaquin64
    replied
    Just print out that text, you don't want something in English, because if you ask people, they won't know, and if you only have it in English, you won't be able to compare it to what you see on the building.

What it says is: New Shibuya Corplass (??) Golden Plaza Shibuya. I'm not sure about the corplass - it's koopurasu in Japanese, but I can't think of any word that matches.

It's across from 'Parco 3'. If you ask people where that is, someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Most people know Parco. The place itself is an apartment building.
    Thanks. I think koopurasu must surely mean 'Corporate'. Lol. I would go look for it today. I am close to shibuya. Thanks a lot for your information. Have u used this place before (assuming you are black)?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
    Here's one of the dudes from their website:

That may be the most awesome afro ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X