Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Booing Boeing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booing Boeing

Itching to get out of Japan for a spell?
    Tropical paradise in mind?
    Want to try out that new bad boy, the 787 Dreamliner, made by Boeing?

Well, you wont be flying JAL or ANA, at least not for the moment.
    Perhaps from today or tomorrow after they run more safety checks on them.

What happened?

An emergency landing at Takamatsu Airport on Wednesday as well as fuel leaks, a battery fire, wiring problem, brake computer glitch and cracked ____pit window in recent days.

There have been delays and troubles from the get go for Boeing, but too many to list here. I'll put a nice link to a pretty decent story that's got quite a few details if you want to read further.

But what I want to know, will this change your travel plans at all?
    Are you a flying freak that knows exactly what kind of plane they'll be flying wherever they go or are you like me and just take off on whatever is available when you want to go?

For me, I've come to detest air travel.

I hate the way that airlines treat us, the paying CUSTOMERS.
    Yeah, that's right, I pay your damn salary, so you'd better quit hiding behind the US government and stop saying that any criticism of you or the services you offer are a terrorist act.
    I've had captains or co-captains come to my seat to speak with me because I've been "difficult" with the waitresses.

I hate the fees for fuel, airports, bags, air, water, toilets and whatever else they're charging us these days.

I hate the workers.

Now, has it come to this?

I have to worry about the MAKERS of the planes too?

Thoughts? Ideas? Rants?

http://news.yahoo.com/ana-operated-b...--finance.html

Actually, a lot of those problems are faced by airlines everyday. The biggest worry is the batteries. Ironically, they are made by Kyoto firm Yuasa.

Comment

A lot of eyes on the 787 at the moment.
      A friend of mine was supposed to do LAX-NRT tomorrow...ANA kindly rebooked him on a ____e 777.
      Fred
      PS Old Style, you sound like a bit of a d1ck....get some status and let me know how things are then.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Style View Post

I hate the way that airlines treat us, the paying CUSTOMERS.

Who doesn't??!!??

I've had captains or co-captains come to my seat to speak with me because I've been "difficult" with the waitresses.

You should be so deeply ashamed for that you would shiver before mentioning it.

Only proles and plebs abuse the help.

If I were sitting near you when you pulled a stunt like that, I would take you by the waist of your wet soaked nappies and march you straight down to the toilet for a blue facewash, young man!!!

Just for fun.

You sound like an angry middling class pleb when you talk like that.

And remember, I quite like you.

Just fly business class. It's still a rip-off, but at least you're not back with the bleating plebs.
        Last edited by kurogane; 2013-01-16, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Never had trouble with airlines except Australia's Jetstar.

Jetstar sux hairy test-icles - never use them.

But I dont abuse staff when I am not happy with a company because it achieves nothing.

Staff don't make policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
            Actually, a lot of those problems are faced by airlines everyday. The biggest worry is the batteries. Ironically, they are made by Kyoto firm Yuasa.
            That's quite an interesting point that I'm not hearing on the Japanese news.
            Originally posted by kurogane View Post
            Who doesn't??!!??

You should be so deeply ashamed for that you would shiver before mentioning it.

Only proles and plebs abuse the help.

If I were sitting near you when you pulled a stunt like that, I would take you by the waist of your wet soaked nappies and march you straight down to the toilet for a blue facewash, young man!!!

Just for fun.

You sound like an angry middling class pleb when you talk like that.

And remember, I quite like you.

Just fly business class. It's still a rip-off, but at least you're not back with the bleating plebs.
            I was not being a difficult passenger only getting what I asked for.
            I specifically reserved a row of seats against the wall for the purpose of using a bassinet for our baby.
            The gal seemed to think our baby was too big, and I calmly told her the exact weight/height requirements as stated by her airlines.
            She didn't believe me, so I said, fine, get your supervisor.
            She got him and guess what?
            I got my bassinet.

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
              Never had trouble with airlines except Australia's Jetstar.

Jetstar sux hairy test-icles - never use them.

But I dont abuse staff when I am not happy with a company because it achieves nothing.

Staff don't make policy.
              I was on United and I can tell you that they also suck.
              Isn't Jetstars selling point that they are dirt cheap but offer no extras?

Comment

Good news for Boeing here:
                Australia¬Āfs Qantas said it was sticking by an order for 15 Dreamliners for its Jetstar affiliate, and the new model also got a vote of confidence from Korean Air, which has ordered 10.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/n...g-in-takamatsu

Comment

That's quite an interesting point that I'm not hearing on the Japanese news.

I was not being a difficult passenger only getting what I asked for.
                  I specifically reserved a row of seats against the wall for the purpose of using a bassinet for our baby.
                  The gal seemed to think our baby was too big, and I calmly told her the exact weight/height requirements as stated by her airlines.
                  She didn't believe me, so I said, fine, get your supervisor.
                  She got him and guess what?
                  I got my bassinet.
                  Well in that case, no blue face wash for you.

You did make it sound as though you were being unruly.

Unruly passengers deserve death by a thousand paper cuts.

Like HG said, staff don't make policy, and these days they are just as miserable as we passengers.

Which dopesn't excuse the bovine surliness of way too many of them, but still, no abusing the help is the rule.

PS United is the worst airline I have ever flown with. Appalling service.

Comment

I was on United and I can tell you that they also suck.
                    Isn't Jetstars selling point that they are dirt cheap but offer no extras?
                    Dirt cheap.. you pay extra for food, blankets, headsets and so on.

In our case we paid for all the extras but they made an "error" and didn't give us any.

At the other end they admitted their mistake and refunded the few dollars extra we paid but no compensation for a cold hungry flight.

The "cabin manager" was a rude, arrogant unhelpful @sshole too.

Like I said... hairy balls.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                      Well in that case, no blue face wash for you.

You did make it sound as though you were being unruly.

Unruly passengers deserve death by a thousand paper cuts.

Like HG said, staff don't make policy, and these days they are just as miserable as we passengers.

Which dopesn't excuse the bovine surliness of way too many of them, but still, no abusing the help is the rule.

PS United is the worst airline I have ever flown with. Appalling service.
                      I agree with you, but man, it's a rare thing to meet so many people who hate their jobs.
                      They must rank number 2 on the job hater list, a notch behind English teachers in Japan.

Comment

Battery issue is all over the Japanese news....in Japanese.
                        If you don't buy full-fare seats, don't expect great service (they know).
                        Fred

Comment

Originally posted by shonanfred View Post
                          Battery issue is all over the Japanese news....in Japanese.
                          If you don't buy full-fare seats, don't expect great service (they know).
                          Fred
                          You're right on both counts Fred.
                          I'm watching NHK as I type.
                          I did pay full fare for the row, but it was the last time I flew in the cattle section.
                          I must say, if it is necessary to fly in the back, reserve the wall seats in the front....well, this was over ten years ago.

Comment

Depends on the plane...
                            I fly coach with my 2 year old because he won't sit alone in biz.
                            Bulkhead seats are good if you can get 2 together these days.
                            Check out www.seatguru.com before your next flight.
                            Fred

Comment

I like the middle emergency exit seats where the stewardesses sit for takeoff and landing. Lots of legroom, no problems getting in or out and they are usually far enough forward that the engine noise is reasonable. They are especially good on Airbus A340s. However, they won't let you put a child in them - has to be an adult that speaks English. I used to get them fairly easily on request at check in but these days the airlines often want to take the opportunity to screw an extra 50 Euros or so out of the deal. I pay it, as it is worth it.

Incidently, if you ask, you can often buy a second suitcase for about the same price from Europe to Japan. There is no cheaper way to ship 25 kg of goodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X