Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Booing Boeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kurogane View Post
    I just googled. Is their music as vapid as their faces?

They make AKB666 look almost attractive and almost womanly, and we both know AKB is neither.

UR a Legal Paedo.

Besides, they're just Koreans masquerading as Japanese, which could potentially qualify as sufficiently Japanified, in about 12 years.

After they finish high school.
    A bit off topic, but come on, they're pleasant eye candy.
    Girls Generation has the AKB numbers, but I'm not the only one that thinks they're all yummy:

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2013/06...-hits-akasaka/

Comment

• Yes, they are very pretty children.

I like women, and vapid is not sexy, to quote Hijinx.

Soooooooooooo, BOT:

Korean airlines are dangerous.

Comment

Yes, they are very pretty children.
        I like women, and vapid is not sexy, to quote Hijinx.
        Soooooooooooo, BOT:
        Korean airlines are dangerous.
        The great thing about Korean girls, is that they're '1' year old when they're born.
        So, if the legal age is 16, then you......

OK

BOEING NUMBERS:

"With nearly 12,000 of its planes roaming the skies today, Boeing is the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners."

"Since its release in 1995, the 777 family of planes has had a near-perfect track record. There have been only two complete hull losses in which the crashed plane was destroyed or damaged beyond repair, according to a Boeing report."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1391993

Comment

I once got ripped off by a Korean corner store on Kingsway that sold me a jar of Kimchi past its sell by date and refused to exchange it when I asked 30 minutes later.
          Yuk. Kim(o)chi ga warui!

Comment

• Yeah, when I was 40 and dated the 19 year old I used to tell my friends that if we had dated before the war, she'd be 20. They were too busy drooling with their eyes to argue.

So, yes, BOT:

Boeing makes very safe aeroplanes. Ipso facto, a Boeing plane crashed by a Korean airline means that Korean airlines are dangerous, and should be avoided, even if their stewardesses look like snacky middle school girls and offer BJs after the meal service, which they don't on either account.

Got it.

Shimi,

Or just........Kim-oi????????????

groan

Comment

• A seat belt debate?

Unusual pattern of spine injuries from jet crash:

Many survivors of Saturday's plane crash in San Francisco have a surprising pattern of spine injuries that a doctor says shows how violently they were shaken despite wearing seat belts.

So far, two people are unable to move their legs — doctors don't yet know if the damage is permanent — and several others have needed surgery to stabilize their spines so they can move, said Dr. Geoffrey Manley, neurosurgery chief at San Francisco General Hospital who is overseeing their care.

Among the worst injuries are crushed vertebrae that compress the spinal cord, and ligaments so stretched and torn that they can't hold neck and back joints in place, Manley said in an interview Monday.

That 305 of the 307 passengers and crew of the Asiana jet survived the crash is remarkable, and a testimony to improvements in airline safety in recent years. More than 180 people went to hospitals with injuries, but only a small number were critically injured

Still, Manley said even among those who suffered mild spine trauma, he is struck by a pattern that shows how their upper bodies were flung forward and then backward over the lap belts that kept them in their seats and undoubtedly saved their lives.

The injuries are somewhat reminiscent of the days before shoulder belts in cars, although much more severe, said Dr. David Okonkwo of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, who isn't involved with the survivors' care.

http://news.yahoo.com/unusual-patter...3395.html#/us/

Far below speed:
              http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-plane-f...030823605.html
              Last edited by Old Style; 2013-07-09, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Our family friend was killed in that 1994 crash of China Air in Nagoya, so my mom will never fly CA again.
                It all depends on your preferences. I took Asiana Air to Saipan, and I certainly did not like their services and safety procedures.
                I never ever had a bad flight with JAL, and my wife will always prefer to get JAL if she gets a chance.(I know they had that horrifying JAL 123 crash.)
                AA was scary,as they continue to not to update their dinosaur aged fleet of aircrafts.(I took AA for LAX to NRT and it was a little sketchy with rattles and squeaks.)
                UA has legendarily sh!tty services and seemingly never on time on any flights.
                Alaska is sketchy as well, with their small air taxi services (and rightfully so, as we just heard about that crash yesterday that killed 10+ people...)
                Southwest was a ok for me, along with Hawaiian Air.

All these crap won`t matter if you got into a crash, I guess.
                I heard people say that getting into a plane crash has the same probability of getting struck by a lightning. Are these probabilities increasing nowadays?

Comment

• Originally posted by Akisan2 View Post
                  Our family friend was killed in that 1994 crash of China Air in Nagoya, so my mom will never fly CA again.
                  It all depends on your preferences. I took Asiana Air to Saipan, and I certainly did not like their services and safety procedures.
                  I never ever had a bad flight with JAL, and my wife will always prefer to get JAL if she gets a chance.(I know they had that horrifying JAL 123 crash.)
                  AA was scary,as they continue to not to update their dinosaur aged fleet of aircrafts.(I took AA for LAX to NRT and it was a little sketchy with rattles and squeaks.)
                  UA has legendarily sh!tty services and seemingly never on time on any flights.
                  Alaska is sketchy as well, with their small air taxi services (and rightfully so, as we just heard about that crash yesterday that killed 10+ people...)
                  Southwest was a ok for me, along with Hawaiian Air.

All these crap won`t matter if you got into a crash, I guess.
                  I heard people say that getting into a plane crash has the same probability of getting struck by a lightning. Are these probabilities increasing nowadays?
                  I dunno
                  BUT
                  There were two lightning strikes from yesterday's little squall
                  One in Saitama and I think the other in Tokyo

By the way Akisan2, sorry for your loss

Comment

• Well, more people are flying more often in more planes, so presumably yes, statistically speaking, the risk is rising. On the other hand, planes are better built and safer, so I just assume I'll make it. I have also never had a Bad Flight with JAL, though their food has gone downhill from the old days of the endless fruit plate, and the Vancouver run planes are getting a touch ragged. Also, these new Business Class seats are rather dreadful.

I fly JAL when They pay because it's Japanese tax money, and also when I pay because ANA from Vancouver has too many Japanese speaking Chinese hostesses and Air Canada has bipedular Hippos, whereas JAL Business is just brimming to the rim with the 30 and 40 year old Japanese hotty totties stewardesses with their shapeful wiggle skirts and wide eyed solicitous curiosity.

And there is one that has Hot Librarian glasses from heaven. I always get major wood when she comes around for the coffee refills.

Anyways, Back On Topic: does everyone else get raging non-sexual wood while flying????? I have often wondered why I get that. It's not an excited boner, just a constant, rock hard hum most of the way through any flight.

Comment

• It's all about routes, time in the air, airports and connections for me. The hostesses are usually, erm, solid and experienced these days. They do their job and I am sure they could sling passengers down the escape slides if it ever came to it.

It's just you I think. Erections and flying? Never ever noticed it - not even a bit. Not even in the good old days.

I can't remember the last time I flew business class. Many many flights ago that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                        And that pressure would have been coming into the cabin at the time and not blowing things out. Only thing I can assume is that they were not in their seats or not buckled in. If, as I assume, the pilot redlined the engines and raised the nose to 30º there would have been 2 G's of acceleration and anyone not buckled in or sitting down would have been flung to the rear of the aircraft. As soon as the tail section hit the seawall the aircraft was in essence a giant trebuchet and they were flung out and forward.

The great thing about edin日本's posts is not only do you get lots of cool sounding military or military-esque jargon, you almost always get the accompanying video or photo.

There's absolutely no way that thefg, no matter how hard he might try and even if he is an ex-commando, is ever ever going to replace edin日本 as this forum's resident expert in all matters military or military-esque.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shimi View Post
                          The great thing about edin日本's posts is not only do you get lots of cool sounding military or military-esque jargon, you almost always get the accompanying video or photo.

There's absolutely no way that thefg, no matter how hard he might try and even if he is an ex-commando, is ever ever going to replace edin日本 as this forum's resident expert in all matters military or military-esque.
                          How would you like to be kicking back in your seat, just about ready to begin take off, when the intercom crackles:
                          "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. This is your Captain Edin日本 speaking. You'd better hold on tight, buckle up motherf-----s and get ready for the ride of your life!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Cow View Post
                            It's just you I think. Erections and flying? Never ever noticed it - not even a bit. Not even in the good old days.

Leelee!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? Bikkuri Donki-hote!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a sexual woody. It's just constant, for most of the flight. Weird...............I always wondered if it was elevation or air pressure or somesuch (same thing happens at altitude while skiing or hiking). My ex thought it was really weird, too, though, but she's not a guy.

The one nice thing I do find about my flight needs lately is that I only ever fly Vancouver-Tokyo anymore, there are only 3 direct options, and only 1 I will take, I tend to arrange personal travel to coincide with business where They (well, you) pay, and by their rules and my rank I get Business anyways.

And I do appreciate it all very sincerely, JFTR.

Comment

And there is one that has Hot Librarian glasses from heaven. I always get major wood when she comes around for the coffee refills.

Anyways, Back On Topic: does everyone else get raging non-sexual wood while flying????? I have often wondered why I get that. It's not an excited boner, just a constant, rock hard hum most of the way through any flight.
                              I had this happen once when an attractive Malaysian stewardess pressed her firm behind into my crotch whilst navigating herself around a fattie.

Talk about raised gear. Luckily I wasn't 'flying low'.

Comment

Well, more people are flying more often in more planes, so presumably yes, statistically speaking, the risk is rising. On the other hand, planes are better built and safer, so I just assume I'll make it. I have also never had a Bad Flight with JAL, though their food has gone downhill from the old days of the endless fruit plate, and the Vancouver run planes are getting a touch ragged. Also, these new Business Class seats are rather dreadful.

I fly JAL when They pay because it's Japanese tax money, and also when I pay because ANA from Vancouver has too many Japanese speaking Chinese hostesses and Air Canada has bipedular Hippos, whereas JAL Business is just brimming to the rim with the 30 and 40 year old Japanese hotty totties stewardesses with their shapeful wiggle skirts and wide eyed solicitous curiosity.

It's the vibrations tickling your mangina.

Comment

Working...
                                X