Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

It's hot!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hot!

Damn! Japan never eases into summer--it's just full-on all of a sudden. How many times am I gonna hear "atsui" until November?

Drink lots of water everyone!

Comment

"Atsui na"

Originally posted by arukas View Post
      Right. I think there is a thread or three started in here on how to keep cool in summer. I feel for those of you living in Kyoto. We have a Super Setsuden policy in effect at my workplace, nonetheless, once a summer we experience a short power outage.

Note the timing of 2 reactors being more or less approved to be restarted. Bottom line: Japan can't function as profitably without nuclear energy. I can't function without melons, mugicha and shades in summer.

Comment

I'm going to have a meat pie and a few asahi super-dry to get over the horror of going to the Chinese embassy and then having to stagger, shell-shocked 500 meters to National Azabu. In jeans! What was I thinking?!

I hope there's another big storm like yesterday in Shibuya.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
          I'm going to have a meat pie and a few asahi super-dry to get over the horror of going to the Chinese embassy and then having to stagger, shell-shocked 500 meters to National Azabu. In jeans! What was I thinking?!

I hope there's another big storm like yesterday in Shibuya.
          Hate the summers here, the storms are one of the high points though. 50% chance of a good storm today in Tokyo according to the JMA, but they always use that figure when they don't know. Some decent cumulus (?) clouds are beginning to build up now.

Comment

Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
            Hate the summers here, the storms are one of the high points though. 50% chance of a good storm today in Tokyo according to the JMA, but they always use that figure when they don't know. Some decent cumulus (?) clouds are beginning to build up now.
            ........i love a good thunderstorm........especially at night........it's p.i.ssing down rain here today but there's no chance of thunder.

Comment

atsui

atsui

Comment

Originally posted by Shonai Ben View Post
                ........i love a good thunderstorm........especially at night........it's p.i.ssing down rain here today but there's no chance of thunder.
                same here, the missus hates it. Unfortunately she is lucky, id love some more thunderstorms in Osaka tbh.

oh and.

aaatsuiiiii yo!

Comment

Blimey! Don't think I've ever seen such heavy rain! Visibility was almost zero in my part of Tokyo a few minutes ago. Enjoying a cracking storm here.

Comment

Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
                    Blimey! Don't think I've ever seen such heavy rain! Visibility was almost zero in my part of Tokyo a few minutes ago. Enjoying a cracking storm here.
                    Looks like it's heading my way. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonai Ben View Post
                      Any relation to Edward Thomas Rabbit?

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
                        Looks like it's heading my way. Awesome.
                        Be careful and take shelter. At 7'2" and 425+ lbs, you stand out in a crowd which in this case might not be such a desirable thing. Greater risk of being struck by lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimi View Post
                          Any relation to Edward Thomas Rabbit?

.......hehe........haven't heard that for a long time.

Comment

Not coming to Minato-ku? Boring work day remains boring.

Comment

Originally posted by arukas View Post
                              "And please take care not to drop dead from heatstroke." Daytime evil enough but come sleepy-time, on goes the AC. Personally, I say bring in the French to make sure the reactors are safe, them fire 'em up.

Comment

Working...
                              X