Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

2 Month short stay in Tokyo. Need advice!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Month short stay in Tokyo. Need advice!!!

Hi everybody

My girlfriend and I would like to stay together in Tokyo for two months beginning mid-April.

We're on quite a tight budget, and so far have checked out a few of the share houses which seem reasonably priced, but the sites say nothing about two people in one room. The apartments we've seen are really high priced though.

Honestly, we feel a little out of our depth here and would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice!!! We were hoping for around \100,000/mth max, is this feasible for two people?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Originally posted by calestis View Post
    Honestly, we feel a little out of our depth here and would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice!!! We were hoping for around \100,000/mth max, is this feasible for two people?

Many thanks in advance

Chris
    Keep in mind that many apartments in the Tokyo area, if they are 1DK will come with a singe bed. Maybe a problem if there are two of you. You will be literally living on top of each other.

Have you tried Sakura House? http://www.sakura-house.com/en/

You may also want to try the LeoPalace apartments as well.

http://en.leopalace21.com/

Comment

Sakurahouse, Oakhouse, Interwhao maybe. Please google- I'm too lazy to provide links;-) There are plenty of guesthouses that offer rooms you can both sleep in, but the beds are often single or just a bit bigger. My now wife and I lived in one for 5 months. We bought some plastic storage boxes from the 100 yen store, stacked them between the bed and wall, laid some 100 yen towels on top, and it provided some extra arm room. Many places will offer an extra futon, or you can buy a cheap one. Maybe on on the floor, one on the bed if need be.
      Guesthouses offer apartments too. It's absolutely doable on 100,000. Oakhouse has started doing what others do with apartments, and what they always did with rooms, and charge an extra 10,000 yen for a second person.
      We'd stay in one again for sure if we get back to Tokyo, and I'd personally plump for an apartment over a room. I'd use Oakhouse, as I had no trouble with them, and they had the ebst deals. Sakurahouse have some good things, and there is one...I can't recall it...I'll see if I come across the link and I'll post it, but it was pretty cheap.
      Bear in mind, for 100,000 , though you won't likely get an apartment centrally, but it won't be too far out. You can likely get a room, though, for that amount with a guesthouse centrally.

Comment

Originally posted by calestis View Post
        Hi everybody

My girlfriend and I would like to stay together in Tokyo for two months beginning mid-April.

We're on quite a tight budget, and so far have checked out a few of the share houses which seem reasonably priced, but the sites say nothing about two people in one room. The apartments we've seen are really high priced though.
        The main reason for the price difference is that the apartments will have their own bath/kitchen while the shared houses have it, well, shared.
        As said above, the rooms in guesthouses (gaijin houses) are usually designed to sleep just one person. Check with the companies in question whether they also have rooms that would sleep two people or have any other idea.

Y 100,000 is a reasonable budget, but there's a trade-off between quality, price and proximity to central Tokyo.

Comment

Working...
        X