Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Household Necessities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
    I agree, or if they are going to make everyone pay, then they should just take it out of tax money.

Dude, NHK is already government supported and financed... Do you work for NHK?

Comment

Not at all. Do they even employ foreigners?

Anyways, I know it's government funded, but they try to drag that last bit out of the people - why bother? Just take it all from taxes. Or scrap it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsquiddy View Post
        I did tell him I didn't have a TV, and (I believe) he tried to say that 'everyone pays it'.
        I thought it was a bit of crap and indeed like the UK's TV License.
        He is probably a commissions based canvasser / collector (hence his attempt to BS you into paying)

If you don't watch, you shouldn't pay.

Remember, this is how flouridation started, and look what it has done to the purity of essence of our precious bodily fluids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
          He is probably a commissions based canvasser / collector (hence his attempt to BS you into paying
          Excactly. The collectors get commissions so they will trick you into paying. I wonder why he bothers you at all. As a gaijin just say you don't watch TV at all as you cannot understand it (Even if you had a TV, just using it to watch DVDs, etc)

Comment

We had one really presistent & slimy guy that used to trick the gullible tenants of a guest house I stayed at into paying individually, even though the landlord already paid the collective guest house rate.

One of his victims threw a bucket of peepee on his head one morning as he knocked on the front door.

That was pretty funny.

I wanted to report him, but the landlord asked me not to.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
              He is probably a commissions based canvasser / collector (hence his attempt to BS you into paying)

If you don't watch, you shouldn't pay.

Remember, this is how flouridation started, and look what it has done to the purity of essence of our precious bodily fluids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see what you did there. And I likes it.

Yeah, the guy was pretty shonky, he's like 'all you have to do is put your name and phone number here and we'll send you the bill.' 'Uhh... I don't want to watch TV. I don't HAVE a TV.' 'Oh but EVERYONE pays it.' 'I don't know about this, come back another time after I talk to people.' 'Oh it's easy you should do it now.'

Ahhh I feel better now.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by mrsquiddy View Post
                I see what you did there. And I likes it.

Yeah, the guy was pretty shonky, he's like 'all you have to do is put your name and phone number here and we'll send you the bill.' 'Uhh... I don't want to watch TV. I don't HAVE a TV.' 'Oh but EVERYONE pays it.' 'I don't know about this, come back another time after I talk to people.' 'Oh it's easy you should do it now.'

Ahhh I feel better now.

Thanks everyone
                I just tell the collector that I have au hikari tv which has no NHK content. They've been happy with this every time. The only reason they keep coming back is the lack of an NHK payment sticker on my doorplate.

Its even the truth, I deliberately don't even have a coaxial cable to hook up the antenna (and am thus incapable of receiving any NHK content and being subject to the fees).

Comment

Originally posted by Call_It_Like_Eye_See_It View Post
                  And don't forget that most people can pick up NHK on their cell phones or smart phones....

Begs the question, why doesn't NHK just block their signal from anyone but paying customers and save a bundle on the door-to-door @ssholes..?
                  Because they're mandated to make the signal available to everyone by law. It would take legislation to effect this.

Comment

Originally posted by evilone View Post
                    .... The only reason they keep coming back is the lack of an NHK payment sticker on my doorplate.

OH SHIxT - what a business opportunity.... knock off NHK stickers..... They must be available somewhere - right?
                    Last edited by TJrandom; 2012-05-10, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X