Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Sendai nightlife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sendai nightlife

Hi everyone, so i moved to Sendai a month ago and didnt really get a big circle of friends yet. so im interested if some of you know about bars or clubs here or where else to go and meet new ppl?

.........i live in Sendai chief........what kind of bars are you interested in?

Comment

Well, some student places might be great, or at least places with student prices

Comment

Originally posted by Supersale View Post
        Hi everyone, so i moved to Sendai a month ago and didnt really get a big circle of friends yet. so im interested if some of you know about bars or clubs here or where else to go and meet new ppl?
        Hey you have the head drunk, the expert on nightlife in Sendai - Shonai Ben ready to answer your questions! And student places or places with student prices is the best you can come on with? Get your head out of your butt!

@ Shonai Ben
        Hey Chief I was you, I would not waste time with this newbie, but that is just me!
        Last edited by TheHotCondom; 2013-06-29, 08:59 PM.

Comment

........students?........wtf?

Comment

whats wrong with student bars?
            ill formulate it in a different way, maybe youll understand then.

i am searching for bars or clubs where young people are going out, preferably english speaking, and where the booze is not terribly expensive. i dont really see whats wrong with that.
            given that you joined here 10 years ago i suppose that you are slightly older that me and might not know places to go out to, thats fine, just say it like that.

Comment

Nothing wrong with student bars, if you can find them! The chief could mention some places, you check them out and if you like them you enjoy, but your desires for English speaking young people seem kind of silly. This is after all Japan and their common language is Japanese, so it would behoove you to try learning their language!

Comment

Only been to Sendai once, so definitely no expert. But, have you just tried walking through the entertainment district and checking out various bars/clubs. That's how I discovered lots of cool places in Osaka/Kobe after I first got here.

Is there an English magazine, etc. with info about clubs, parties, etc. for Sendai? Tokyo has 'Metropolis' and 'Tokyo Notice Board', Kansai has 'Kansai Flea Market' and used to have 'Kansai Time Out'. Sendai's a big city so there must be something in print or online, right? Check record stores (if there are any still around), English info desks (Sendai Station perhaps), Kinokuniyas (or similar book stores), International Centers for free magazines, fliers, or other info about upcoming parties, etc.

I googled bars in Sendai and came up with a 'Bar, Isn't it?' so there must be some other bars/clubs where students/eikaiwa types hang out. Just have to look for them. Searching for them is part of the fun. You may come across some izakaya that's really cool and make some new friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Supersale View Post
                  i suppose that you are slightly older that me.
                  ........older than dirt actually........so there's no way in hell that i know any student bars.......as shimi suggested go downtown and walk around on a friday night.......and see where the young crowd hangs out.

Comment

Another thing that you might want to try is to get a couple of friends (coworkers) together and look for a beer garden. Sendai must have some pretty nice ones because most cities of that size do. Usually, for a flat rate, you can eat and drink all you want for a couple of hours. So start there, start talking with some younger people (students) and ask where's a good place to hang out. Then, just go out and explore.

Comment

Oh i am learning Japanses, but its far from knowing it good enough to talk fluently. so far ive been only around kokubuncho and ichibancho, but as with all bigber sities i suppose that those places in the central part are more expensive and more for fancy people. so maybe you could suggest some other areas to go out? ill check it on my own probably cause these guys im working with arent really social... ill search for some directions and if i find something ill post it here

Comment

I moved to Sendai myself only a few months ago, so I'm far from an expert. However, there are tons of bars in Kokubuncho and some around Sendai Station. Unfortunately, most of the places I've been are probably better with a big group. Agheha is good, it has a relatively cheap nomihodai. I went to a small bar called Ernie's Bar, which is apparently a good place to meet people (or find a hookup, I guess). Any restaurant with a bar you can sit at might work too for meeting people, as well as sports or darts bars. There's Mafu Mafu by Sendai Station, which is a foreigner bar, but it's only open for a short time on Fridays and Saturdays. There's also a few Irish pubs around, too, although I haven't gone to any of them yet.

Bar Isn't It and Club Shaft seem to be the places for dancing and clubbing. I haven't yet been to either, though, so I can't comment. I've heard that a lot of JETs and eikaiwa teachers go there, though.

A couple links I found useful:
                        http://www.ajetmiyagi.net/sendai.html
                        http://www.group-niji.org/restaurant/index.html

Comment

I remember when my colleagues brought me to Kokubuncho. It was really awkward (for me) because every one of them was married with kids.

I personally preferred the small bars around Sendai station, less sleazy. There's a nice one by the hospital with a ramen store beside it.

Comment

Hey, I'm going to Sendai to spend a weekend there soon. I have a hotel reservation for a saturday night near sendai station... Is there any night club (shibuya/roppongi style) where I can drink, dance and meet ladies all night?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X