Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Where is the toilet area of Osaka?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the toilet area of Osaka?

I am writing a lesson plan for foreigners coming to Osaka and just want to know where are the toilet area of Osaka; you know, the areas with drunks, funny looking hosts/hostesses, and winos. I heard the Nishinari and Juso areas are a couple of them. Any others?

Any train or subway station, convenience store or pachinko parlor will have restroom facilities that your visitors can make use of. No need to limit your search to one particular part of the city....

Comment

All the drunks are in namba and nippombashi and umeda.. They are the "We wear suits" kind of drunks though...

Hosts line the shinsaibashi shoutengai, and around doutonbori.

Comment

And ume would very well know, as she is normally as drunk as they are

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel View Post
          I am writing a lesson plan for foreigners coming to Osaka and just want to know where are the toilet area of Osaka; you know, the areas with drunks, funny looking hosts/hostesses, and winos. I heard the Nishinari and Juso areas are a couple of them. Any others?
          Why would foreigners coming to Osaka, need a lesson plan? Are they coming to teach proper toilet techniques to the the locals? Has this " Foreing participation" been approved by the national and local governments ? Have personal privacy waivers been signed ? You must ensure that all sort of crap has been covered before you can publish those lesson plans !

Comment

Dear Manuel, Im just wondering, how is it possible that someone who has been living in Japan for 10 years doesnt know where toilets are ... that sounds kinda weird to me LOL

Comment

yah Juso, minamikata, umeda hankyuu, jr and midosuji station before the last train, namba, shinsaibashi (east side), sakai (oops sorry ume :P ) , kishiwada area.

Comment

• Super Grover
                Super Grover commented
                Editing a comment
                IMO, just about all of Osaka is a hole, or at least not very good compared to other cities here. Avoid Osaka except maybe around Tempozan. I'm not kidding this time.

Any place in the city that you take them, they will able to see how the lowest of the low eek out a living....

Comment

I disagree, there are a few but some nice places here and there in Osaka. Amagasaki, Kujo, Kitashinichi, Minamikata.

Comment

Only according to you Wernst, only according to you !

Comment

I've been to nice places in Osaka. Like I've said before, people complain about the city too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X