Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Cheapest airline ticket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest airline ticket?

I'm looking for one-way, and I've found one for about $820 so far. Anyone seen a lower price?
    From NY to Tokyo

Originally posted by Brenms View Post
    I'm looking for one-way, and I've found one for about $820 so far. Anyone seen a lower price?
    From NY to Tokyo

yes! It was back in 1996.....

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
      yes! It was back in 1996.....
      Terrific advice, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenms View Post
        From NY to Tokyo
        $820 for one-way? It's way too much money. I think if you buy a round-trip ticket it will come cheaper. I suggest you to search Online and try also the Korean and Chinese companies. They seem to be pretty reasonable. Best of luck.

Comment

$820 seems fairly pricy for one way. Think my return flight with Air France cost me 690 from Edinburgh to Tokyo.

Comment

Hmmmm had a look on various sites flying from Newark to Narita and they did seem to be just around the $820 mark return tickets seemed to be only $400 more though.

Comment

That price seems fair. Remember that a one way ticket always works out more expensive than a return ticket on a per leg basis. If you are planning on returning to the U.S. within a year, why not consider a open round trip ticket. Sure it will cost more than a return within three months, however, it will cost less than two one way tickets and provides you with flexibility in your return date.

Comment

It really is a shame that tickets are so expensive... I mean, some tickets are ridiculously cheap (9 euro from Hamburg to Glasgow) but oversea-flights are way too expensive... haven't been to Japan for nearly a decade and would so love to return... but at the moment I just can't afford it. Keeping myself busy with this site: http://www.gameduell.com/. It's really fun!
                Last edited by karen12; 2011-05-20, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Tell me the dates, I'll look it up.

Comment

I realized that almost all air companies increased the prices recently which is logical. I always got the best deals Online, though it requires a lot of search. To me, the JAL are still very reasonable, safe and comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by karen12 View Post
                      It really is a shame that tickets are so expensive... I mean, some tickets are ridiculously cheap (9 euro from Hamburg to Glasgow) but oversea-flights are way too expensive... haven't been to Japan for nearly a decade and would so love to return... but at the moment I just can't afford it.
                      This is true with companies like ryan air and the smaller operators. They are limited specials to attract people and not the whole plane is booked at that price. Normally they will allocate about 10 seats at that price per flight and there are always conditions. Most of the time little to go but then a hefty one way return fee. You do not normally get your drinks and food etc as they come with extra cost.

It is all just a marketing ploy. You do get similar sort of offers from travel agents at times. I had a one way with a stop over from europe to australia once for 120 euros each way. Not to shabbyu at all, however those international deals are far from common.

Comment

In times when my budget was pretty tight, I went from Europe with the Russian Aeroflot with layover in Moscow. I looked up the prices this winter just of my curiosity and found the deal for about $ 600 roundtrip. Not bad at all for such a long flight.

Comment

Travel alert! I just saw a Delta roundtrip NYC-Tokyo in June for $590, all fees included, I kid you not. It was on kayak.com.

Comment

Last time in Japan, I paid circa $1150 for a Rio-Dallas-Tokyo (return included) ticket. American Airlines.

Comment

Working...
                            X