Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

A guy from Serbia for a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guy from Serbia for a change

So, I'm currently 19years old and I am from Serbia (Europe). I finished Economy High school, and I enrolled at "Teacher University" (don't know the name of that on English). So, I'll study the basics of English, Maths, Psychology, Laws etc. Well, mostly basic stuff. And teaching is one of my dream jobs I must say.

What I want to know, is it possible for me to find a job in Japan and work as a Elementary school teacher? (I'm not talking just about English, but other subjects)

My life expenses would mostly be the most important as rent, insurance and taxes. And of course cheaper food. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't buy expensive stuff (I can afford them, but I still only buy cheaper only when really needed). Basically, I am really economic about my life. Yeah, I know that I'm just a kid for all of you (19years) but in 4-5 years it'll be different. I think that I read in an another thread that it's manageable to live with 250000yen income/month if you don't buy useless stuff, and well, I am one of them. Don't own many shoes and cloths, only the necessary amount. What's the point in having 40 shirts?

I have never been in Japan and I don't know a single person from Japan. I can understand that it's pretty difficult with the situation I am in.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by DreamlessDorm View Post
    So, I'm currently 19years old and I am from Serbia (Europe). I finished Economy High school, and I enrolled at "Teacher University" (don't know the name of that on English). So, I'll study the basics of English, Maths, Psychology, Laws etc. Well, mostly basic stuff. And teaching is one of my dream jobs I must say.

What I want to know, is it possible for me to find a job in Japan and work as a Elementary school teacher? (I'm not talking just about English, but other subjects)

My life expenses would mostly be the most important as rent, insurance and taxes. And of course cheaper food. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't buy expensive stuff (I can afford them, but I still only buy cheaper only when really needed). Basically, I am really economic about my life. Yeah, I know that I'm just a kid for all of you (19years) but in 4-5 years it'll be different. I think that I read in an another thread that it's manageable to live with 250000yen income/month if you don't buy useless stuff, and well, I am one of them. Don't own many shoes and cloths, only the necessary amount. What's the point in having 40 shirts?

I have never been in Japan and I don't know a single person from Japan. I can understand that it's pretty difficult with the situation I am in.

Thanks in advance
    You're f u c k ed...plus, we don't want any communists here....don't come to Japan...ever....

Comment

So, I'm currently 19years old and I am from Serbia (Europe). I finished Economy High school, and I enrolled at "Teacher University" (don't know the name of that on English). So, I'll study the basics of English, Maths, Psychology, Laws etc. Well, mostly basic stuff. And teaching is one of my dream jobs I must say. e
      short answer: No.

you need a Japanese teaching licence which means going to a Japanese university, getting a degree and then passing the certification exam. Even then its not guaranteed.

Comment

Thanks in advance

Not at all. Sounds like you have all the right skills and qualifications, so....

COME ON OVER and JOIN THE PARTY....!!!!

(Trolls should use the rear entrance....)

Comment

Yeah, I can understand that there are a lot trolls here (saw few topics myself) but its not everyone. I was just asking for opinion. Just wanted to see if it's possible or not. It's not my "life dream" to go there and be sugoi sugoi. I was just wondering if there was a possibility to live and work there.

@KansaiBan
          tough luck eh? So the only job for gaijins is English teaching? As I said, my dream is to be a teacher (not a teacher in Japan, but in general) so I wouldn't really mind that, but it's probably difficult these days because of the number of gaijin. What about jobs in Japanese companies? Would I need a J-university for those too or is it manageable?

Comment

tough luck eh? So the only job for gaijins is English teaching? As I said, my dream is to be a teacher (not a teacher in Japan, but in general) so I wouldn't really mind that, but it's probably difficult these days because of the number of gaijin. What about jobs in Japanese companies? Would I need a J-university for those too or is it manageable?
            plenty of jobs but it looks as if you don't have a lot to offer employers here. Japanese ability would be a good start as well as proper job skills.

Foreigners can't be hired full time at Japanese elementary schools.

Go to university and get the teachers licence first, try and get some teaching experience back home and then consider working at an international school, perhaps.

Comment

Thanks. I'll work on that.
              International school? That would work too. So, while mastering English and learning Japanese, would it be a good idea to start mastering German too? I understand almost every word in German but my grammar sucks. Don't know how many German gaijin (or gaijin speaking/teaching German) there are.

Comment

Thanks. I'll work on that.
                International school? That would work too. So, while mastering English and learning Japanese, would it be a good idea to start mastering German too? I understand almost every word in German but my grammar sucks. Don't know how many German gaijin (or gaijin speaking/teaching German) there are.
                Knock yourself out, bro.

Comment

Whilst we're at it, can anyone tell me what are my chances of achieving my life dream to be a nuclear physicist in Japan. I don't speak Japanese, but I reckon if I work hard I can get to nuclear scientist advanced level fairly easily.

And can I live on 50,000 yen a month?

Comment

I`m getting tired of all this bullshxt about coming to Japan. Getting everyone riled up! Either do it or don`t. I walked out of my ____ty temp. job on a Monday, got an airline ticket that Wednesday and was job hunting up in this motherfuxker a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken44 View Post
                      I`m getting tired of all this bullshxt about coming to Japan. Getting everyone riled up! Either do it or don`t. I walked out of my ____ty temp. job on a Monday, got an airline ticket that Wednesday and was job hunting up in this motherfuxker a week later.
                      I was in Japan a month after my interview in NZ, a couple of weeks after finishing finals. Sometimes you gotta think just f--k it and go and not dwell on it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                        I was in Japan a month after my interview in NZ, a couple of weeks after finishing finals. Sometimes you gotta think just f--k it and go and not dwell on it too much.

Or sometimes you gotta think: f&ck it, it's a troll so what's the point.....

Comment

What a friendly bunch. Well if people can afford a ticket and a month rent without selling their house back home, trying it out would be a good first step right? You have a month to check the situation and life there. If you manage to find a job you stay, if not, at least you tried? Would that be a good idea?

I was just trying to collect info. It's not my lifetime dream or something. I won't cry or be depressed till end of my days because going to Japan is difficult or impossible. Nothing in our lives is simple. It's not like finding a job home is a lot easier than in Japan. It's actually the same. If I am specialized in teaching I can hardly work as an architect (no ____ Sherlock).

@HarryHurry
                          I said that I want to work as a teacher or any low tier work where I could get employed. I am not dumb or something to expect luxury there. It's another country, not another town. If virgins and wealthy life is awaiting every gaijin, I wouldn't ask for information. I understand that there are difficulties. Nothing in life is served on a plate.

Comment

you sound pretty native English speaker for a Serbian. What gives?

Comment

It's not my "life dream" to go there and be sugoi sugoi. I was just wondering if there was a possibility to live and work there.

Ah, well, in that case you can't come here.

Only life dream newbies are currently being accepted by Japan immigration. I highly recommend becoming a little more sugoi sugoi and developing a pretty sharpish life dream. And don't forget to mention Disneyland.

Comment

Working...
                              X