Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

2 months Vacation in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 months Vacation in Japan

Hi guys,

I've just secured myself a Sakura house and will be in Shibuya/Shinjuku area from Oct-Dec. I have a few questions:

1. I plan on getting a used bicycle, to get around, would getting a JR Rail Pass be useful to me? I feel like I might be travelling around Tokyo a lot but no idea. As far as I know, the trains are closed at night time?

2. Assuming that I will like Japan, would it be possible for me to do a "Visa run". i.e: leave Japan for a couple months and then come back as a tourist again?

I work online and have a company back home.

Originally posted by imrich View Post
    1. I plan on getting a used bicycle, to get around, would getting a JR Rail Pass be useful to me? I feel like I might be travelling around Tokyo a lot but no idea. As far as I know, the trains are closed at night time?
    2. Assuming that I will like Japan, would it be possible for me to do a "Visa run". i.e: leave Japan for a couple months and then come back as a tourist again?
    1. The Rail Pass usually pays for itself if you go Tokyo->Kyoto->Tokyo. Around Tokyo, there are better options : www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
    2. You should be ok, but nobody can guarantee it.

Comment

Good luck with Sakura House. I know the one of their's that I saw looked like an absolute rat house from inside and outside. Hope there's not 19 other people living in it like the I one I almost had.

The trains shut off around midnight-1, may be earlier depending on how small your line is. The only bad thing about bikes are that you will have to pay to park it.

Comment

Working...
      X