Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Coming with a student visa for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming with a student visa for the first time

Oh hey! Well it seems that I have been finally admitted to the Graduate School of Political Science at Waseda and I'm pretty excited about it.

Not my first time here, spent already about 8 months in a rural Aichi prefecture town near Nagoya, however I always used a tourist visa, so this is my first time with a real visa (and all the troubles).

The steps now are: get the CoE and the Visa. What kind of documents should I send to them to prove me and my parents have enough money? Banks here won't give me a certificate saying how much money I have in my bank, they will only issue me one saying that I have a bank account open, which seems not enough.

Accommodation: I'll apply through Waseda, they have some pretty cheap accommodation, anyone got any experience? any advices?

Life there, well, I'll go there in a few months but I already have many questions, I'll let you know. Can't wait to hang out there with some expats!

Originally posted by adrimaster View Post
    The steps now are: get the CoE and the Visa. What kind of documents should I send to them to prove me and my parents have enough money? Banks here won't give me a certificate saying how much money I have in my bank, they will only issue me one saying that I have a bank account open, which seems not enough.
    Don't they get a monthly account statement ? Or if they do intenet banking, they can print out one themselves ?

Comment

Originally posted by ttokyo View Post
      Don't they get a monthly account statement ? Or if they do intenet banking, they can print out one themselves ?
      Yep, doesnt need to be an official statement. Just a printout of an online statement, or even picture of your account balance on your PC

Comment

Ask Waseda what documents they prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo_dom View Post
          Yep, doesnt need to be an official statement. Just a printout of an online statement, or even picture of your account balance on your PC
          Thank you.

Problem is that if I ask Waseda they'll just tell me the same story, documents are different all over the world, so issued documents here might not be the same as in Japan or the USA or even the UK.

I think I'll ask the embassy here, since they are the ones giving the student visas.

Comment

Working...
          X