Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Need some martial arts advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UltimateGaijin
    perhaps we can all laugh at these clowns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6eXYYR-kwQ
    Why? That`s not the sharpest kihon ippon in the world, but it looks OK (to me) as a demonstration. What is it you find so clownish about it?

Meanwhile, where is Bacn? I'd love to hear more about the Croak of Death (s-n-i-g-g-e-r)

(I can`t write that word without the hyphens -- what is this? PC censorship gone berserk?)
    Last edited by Derukugi; 2006-11-22, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• its garbage hand-by-your-waist stuff. who the hell would put their hand down there in a self defense situation? they'd get KOed by a combination. Combinations are probably illeagal to throw in that style

Comment

its garbage hand-by-your-waist stuff. who the hell would put their hand down there in a self defense situation? they'd get KOed by a combination. Combinations are probably illeagal to throw in that style
        It is kihon ippon, not self-defense. You know, it is better to know what you are looking at, when commenting...

Fwiw, I am sure also the croaking stuff in Kyokushin has a meaning, but it still sounds hilarious. Bacn, where are you?

Comment

• So Miss Mylene,

how did your first class at the Hombu dojo go? Don't keep us in suspense.

Comment

• try this martial art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tib2Urowsdc

Comment

• LOL! Great, where can we meet the guy? Shinjuku Sports Center?
              I am on my way!

Comment

• So sad

I have been doing martial arts for most of my life and when I see ____ like this cwell.

Anyway after having taken a few different martial arts over the years I came to the conclusion that most martial arts are far from complete. Unfortunately martial arts is like religion to some.

Some of these martial arts are a poor excuse for self-defense. There comes a time when you have to stop dancing. Incapacitating the opponent efficiently while maintaining economy of movement is lacking in most martial arts. Most martial arts have far to many movements (most of them unnecessary and ineffective) as a result the student learns many movements and is proficient at none. Which explains why so many bar fights end badly for black belts who are confident in their pseudo religion.

How many black belts have you seen get their derriere minced in a street fight? Please do tell. They do make interesting stories.

Comment

• this is what happend when someone accepted the nutters challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxb0PCBV0vk

Comment

this is what happend when someone accepted the nutters challenge
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxb0PCBV0vk
                    Predictable. I suspect the nutter started to believe his own BS, seeing how he could bowl over his followers with ki power.

Comment

• Originally posted by flux
                      How many black belts have you seen get their derriere minced in a street fight? Please do tell. They do make interesting stories.
                      You can turn the question around: How many non-black belts do you see successfully slugging it out at Pride and K1?

As far as I know, most everyone there has practised one ore more established martial arts. Can you list the street-brawlers with no formal martial arts background?
                      I guess Bob Sapp and Akebono might fall in that category... anyone else?

Comment

• That may be, however the people in K1 and pride are the cream of the crop (hardly your averadge black belt).

Comment

• Originally posted by flux
                          That may be, however the people in K1 and pride are the cream of the crop (hardly your averadge black belt).
                          I think it the man should be very intelligent in order to fight well. Not only muscles.

Comment

• Originally posted by „B„p„ƒ„y„|„y„ƒ„y„‘
                            I think it the man should be very intelligent in order to fight well. Not only muscles.
                            Bacn, is that you? How about that Kyoukushin Croak of Death kata? Can you do that? Is there a .wav file? Burning questions...

Comment

• Originally posted by Derukugi
                              Bacn, is that you? How about that Kyoukushin Croak of Death kata? Can you do that? Is there a .wav file? Burning questions...
                              Dear Derukugi,

Tonight I have dinner with my karate sensei so I will ask him about the croak of death kata and I will learn it.

I am at a crossroad, I do not know whether to coninue with karate, whether to change the dojo or the sensei. I feel dissatisfaction. What do you recommend me? Please advise.

Thanks.
                              Vasi

P.S. Now my name is Vasilisiya . It means "a shining queen".

Comment

• if the sensei may be the problem then just changing dojos may be enough for you. You are doing a good style. At least stay in the same family

Comment

Working...
                                X