Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Best gyms (for body building)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThaHamburgler View Post
    Here's a question to bodybuilders in Japan since so many echo this mantra: do Japanese women not prefer muscled dudes? Do you find it harder than the average bear to find women (or better they find you)?

I think someone saying women not liking muscles is the same as saying women don't like dikc. Lol
    I think many women (Including Japanese women) prefer a man with defined shape and tone with healthy ratio of body fat rather than sheer size.

erm...Musculature
    , that is..

Comment

What YokoTonTon said is more true than what Bumburglar wrote, but on a more important note:

should we really be using this public forum to encourage something as sad and potentially damaging as body building?????

Next thing you know there is going to be a massive effort to have our less popular members commit sudoku.

Comment

Raff Out Roud

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
        What YokoTonTon said is more true than what Bumburglar wrote, but on a more important note:

should we really be using this public forum to encourage something as sad and potentially damaging as body building?????

Next thing you know there is going to be a massive effort to have our less popular members commit sudoku.

hahaha. You watch two and a half men? Gotta see last nights ep, S9E20. "Dude, my grandma totally eats your grandma." haha

Comment

Originally posted by ThaHamburgler View Post
          Here's a question to bodybuilders in Japan since so many echo this mantra: do Japanese women not prefer muscled dudes? Do you find it harder than the average bear to find women (or better they find you)?
          You know, here are my two cents:

The reason why host boys look like host boys is that they lack in the attractiveness in the bodily sense. Don't have pecs? Wear make up. Don't have an ___? Puff out your hair.

Now, as for foreigners, if you're a skinny nerdy white guy, you won't stick out of the crowd unless you wear the hair and rock the eyeliner with clothes to match. "Muscular" dudes stick out on their own because of the whole physique thing, and to be frank, if you put a japanese host boy next to a reasonably attractive muscular dude, the latter will overpower the former in presence and that sh1t.

That being said, I concur with Tommy. Does anyone find real bodybuilders attractive anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
            That being said, I concur with Tommy. Does anyone find real bodybuilders attractive anyway?

A fine point that.

I like your attitude to it all, and always recommend exercise, but a lot of gym rats, sadly, do find that ilk atttractive, or at least admirable.

The obvious homo-eroticism I can deal with, but the aesthetic retardation is socially unacceptable.

Sort of like Rugby, really.

Comment

Where do you get cheap protein in Tokyo...
              Beef expensive, fish difficult to cook, everywhere you go out it's carbs and noodles and fried schnitzel, etc.; sushi too expensive to have in large enough quantity.

WHERE??

My muscles are wasting away and I don't have the energy to work out because of the small portions and ingredients in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by mishima1970 View Post
                Beef expensive, fish difficult to cook, everywhere you go out it's carbs and noodles and fried schnitzel, etc.; sushi too expensive to have in large enough quantity.

WHERE??

My muscles are wasting away and I don't have the energy to work out because of the small portions and ingredients in this country.
                ‹ÊoACostco, and post #2 in this thread.

Comment

‹ÊoACostco, and post #2 in this thread.
                  OK thanks.

Comment

You know, here are my two cents:

The reason why host boys look like host boys is that they lack in the attractiveness in the bodily sense. Don't have pecs? Wear make up. Don't have an ___? Puff out your hair.

Now, as for foreigners, if you're a skinny nerdy white guy, you won't stick out of the crowd unless you wear the hair and rock the eyeliner with clothes to match. "Muscular" dudes stick out on their own because of the whole physique thing, and to be frank, if you put a japanese host boy next to a reasonably attractive muscular dude, the latter will overpower the former in presence and that sh1t.

Socrates: "Cookery, then, I maintain to be a flattery which takes the form of medicine; and cosmetics, in like manner, is a flattery which takes the form of gymnastic, and is knavish, false, ignoble, illiberal, working deceitfully by the help of lines, and colours, and enamels, and garments, and making men affect a spurious beauty to the neglect of the true beauty which is given by gymnastic."

Comment

Originally posted by mishima1970 View Post
                      There's special and unspoken sections of the city for just that purpose.

Sorry. Could not resist.

Comment

Originally posted by jukjuk View Post
                        Which are the best gyms for body building?
                        It would seem to me to be the gyms where steroids can be purchased in a "stress-free" environment. I wanted to be all muscles in my 20's but I didn't know there was a miracle alternative. I certainly would have been all over it, if only I knew. Old school certainly required dedication, something that I was not familiar with then, am still not comfortable with now and see no possibility of that character trait in the future.

That all said, I am fully aware of the fact that muscles are attractive to the gals, same way that great jugs are never a turn-off for the guys. It is the maintenance factor that always made me wary. And of course, the daily exertion with other body-concerned buffed buffoons wasn't seen as a positive.

Originally posted by jukjuk View Post
                        Also where to buy supplements/protein in and around the area? If anyone could provide any info that would be much appreciated.
                        Pro-tip: inverted commas. "supplements/protein".

Comment

if your serious about bodybuilding.. pm me mate.. i can help you out with anything u need

Comment

Originally posted by realgains View Post
                            if your serious about bodybuilding.. pm me mate.. i can help you out with anything u need
                            Are you talkin' to me? .....I am looking into a mirror as I say this.

I can't take this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post

The only thing that is sad, is your post count. Why shouldn't we be using a public forum to encourage bodybuilding? There is nothing wrong with bodybuilding. There are a lot of foreign bodybuilders that come to Japan and need some help about something or anything in general. It's skinny little keyboard warriors who have no idea what they are talking about that really ____ me off.

@ mishima1970

-Yes beef is expensive which sucks
                              -No fish is not hard to cook....if you are that bad at cooking watch a youtube video about how to cook fish
                              -Last time i checked, chicken is pretty much given to you for free its that cheap. Pork is another cheap meat here in Japan and plenty of other meats to.
                              - Also i am not sure how much you really know about building muscle, but carbs are just as important to muscle building as protein is.
                              -So stop complaining that your muscles are wasting away, when its your own fault or lack of knowledge and not Japan's lack of protein and food portions

@realgains

Is it cool if I PM you....I have some questions for you

Comment

sure mate fire away...

Comment

Working...
                                X