Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Chronic Loneliness Linked to Early Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
    Are you the guy on here a few weeks ago asking what club to join to make friends? Oh yeah... that was you.. how's that going?
    Boo Hoo, I'm so upset. Not.

1. I don't go to Clubs to make friends
    2. The Press Club is a place to network with connected people, not a place to get wasted while watching football and chanting oi oi oi.
    3. You and the ever-bitter WB don't get it - that's why you will be 'teaching' Engrish for a long time yet.

Comment

Lonely people more likely to commit Sudoku

Aside from that nice reverse statistical analysis by Takun above, and even allowing for Rainboy's usual schadenfreude laden sanctimonious sniping, just because he is almost always wrong-hearted doesn't mean he is wrong here.

I would be very surprised that being chronically lonely doesn't adversely affect your longevity.

I wonder if that deported fake Canadian journalist RT was championing a while ago felt lonely in his Gulag cell at Narita?

At least we can hold a hope it might work in his case................

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowtokyo View Post
        Boo Hoo, I'm so upset. Not.

1. I don't go to Clubs to make friends
        2. The Press Club is a place to network with connected people, not a place to get wasted while watching football and chanting oi oi oi.
        Translation:

"M'yes...INDEED!"

"Balderdash I say!" Uncouth ruffians! The lot of you!" ~Lord Alfred T. Rainbow IV esq.
        Last edited by YokohamaTommy; 2012-04-16, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Whenever I'm lonely, I just look in the mirror and there is my bestest friend. All happy again and any thoughts of committing sudoku are rinsed away.

Comment

Boo Hoo, I'm so upset. .......
            3. You and the ever-bitter WB don't get it - that's why you will be 'teaching' Engrish for a long time yet.
            You are many light of the doctors, company presidents, presidents-in-waiting, et al, that I work with. All of whom are pretty fascinating, if you'd ask me.

You should take a lesson! Scads for you to learn!

Speaking of deceiving..... How did that real estate investment inf Beverley Hills work out??? Must hav e a bargain if they could afford the extra vowel!!
            Last edited by well_bicyclically; 2012-04-16, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron View Post
              Whenever I'm lonely, I just look in the mirror and there is my bestest friend. All happy again and any thoughts of committing sudoku are rinsed away.
              That would not work with RT..... Glass and mirrors are banned in the institute, you see!

Comment

A scientific study showing a link between chronic loneliness and poor health. It's a first as far as I know. It is so ridiculous they printed it in a respected international journal.
                I can't be bothered looking but I would find it very surprising if this was the first mention of something like this ever.

It's also done the rounds in Lancet and JAMA.
                Right now it is doing the rounds of LMFLOA.

You seem to have coped well with recent events in your personal life. Good on you. Hope la famiglia is doing ok.
                Please extrapolate.

I am almost always never lonely in Japan.
                Well, when you are...Originally Posted by rainbowtokyo
                Mom and Pop are waiting for you.......get on that plane and get back home, it'd do you good.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzijp View Post
                  I can't be bothered looking but I would find it very surprising if this was the first mention of something like this ever.
                  Right now it is doing the rounds of LMFLOA.
                  I thought, silly me, you had a medical background. Never mind. Lancet, for you, might mean a pin prick. And JAMA might mean what you and your wife did to eachother. Never mind that these are among the developed world's most respected medical journals.

Anyhow, good luck old chum. Hope your family is as insouciant as you appear to be. Scarcely a year ago you spoke of your daughter's birthday and wanting to to give her a suitable present. I really respected you for that at the time.

Life goes on. Good luck to you and your ex and daughter. Hope they are coping as well as you seem to be.

Comment

You do often give the impression that you are howling at the abyss, RT.

And your latest round of presumptuously sanctimonious psychogymnastic projections do come across exactly like that to a lot of us.

I, however, prefer to ridicule and revile you as the finger wagging, brain-challenged douchey twott you are, not for the universal crime of being lonely.

What about trying some of the events at international exchange centres and such???

Surely even a retard like you speaks some Japanese?

Or maybe you could start a Justice for Gulag Gaijins with that Canadian pseudo-journalist you were championing back when he got his fat dumb arss kicked out for being, well, just that???

Comment

I heard he's back in Japan. But I heard that on GP, so ... Gomen Nasai!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathblob View Post
                        I heard he's back in Japan. But I heard that on GP, so ... Gomen Nasai!!!!!!!!!!
                        Yes, his dog missed him so much he was crying himself to sleep every night, or so they tell me.

I hope he seriously considers the gravity of his slanderous rampage, and thinks about committing sudoku.

It might help him not be so friggin' stoopid in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                          Surely even a retard like you speaks some Japanese?
                          Oh dear, I'm waving my finger again. Pure and simple, you are a bully Kuro. I always recoil when 'educated' people use the word 'retard' as frequently as you do. Anyone else would be banned for it. But we all know how cosy you are with GP's moderators. It's no surprise that you have spent much of your life teaching 'Engrish' when you should be out there flipping burgers with the rest of the right-wing charisma men. But then again you are past 50 and McDonalds only employs young people. Feeling hurt or even just a little testy? Ask the mods to delete this and I am sure they will happily comply. Ooooh you are a powerful little man around here.

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                          Or maybe you could start a Justice for Gulag Gaijins with that Canadian pseudo-journalist you were championing back when he got his fat dumb arss kicked out for being, well, just that???
                          If he was the nasty criminal that everyone makes him out to be, he would surely have been charged in court. But they let him go after shaking him down and scaring him. I actually feel sorry for the man and am delighted he managed to get back HOME to his missus and pets. But then again, I have a soft spot for underdogs. I even stood up for Debito once or twice. Now that should raise some hackles here.

Happy to receive your slings and arrows folks.......more hits = more money for GP's owners. They need all the cash your hits can generate.

Comment

Sus, just sus

Funny.... you claim to be an Aussie but as one I can tell you no Aussie I know would advise people to go back home to 'Mom and Pop'. We just don't say/write that. You sound like a Pom trying to sound like an Aussie using American spelling.

Very strange. I remember at some stage you were accusing me of being another poster. I looked him up and found out he was being stalked by a Pom who masqueraded under different aliases and that poster reminds me of the way you write.

Kurogane - I told ya before and I will tell you again, RT is an old stalker of yours and other people. He's been banned umpteen times and always comes back under many different names and many different claims. The latest is he goes on biz trips to China but I think the nearest he's been to China was to the Chinese takeaway in some provincial UK backwater to get lemon chicken or whatever they serve up.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Comment

He lives, Boss! He lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by caramellocap View Post
                              Kurogane - I told ya before and I will tell you again, RT is an old stalker of yours and other people. .
                              Didya!!???????????

I must have had a senior memory moment...............

Soooooooooooo, how ah ya?????

And thanks, btw.

Comment

Good thanks! Out of Engrish teaching and into business, tied the knot last yr. Don't laugh - a J girl w/Korean ancestry but intelligent and while identifying more as a Korean, is savvy enough to know what's wrong with the ancestral land.

Great to see you're still around, did ya move back to Japan or are you in Canada? Either way, good to hear from you, hope Jacque s is still posting as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X