Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Top

Collapse

Marathons and Running in Japan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marathons and Running in Japan

    Hi everyone,

    Where can I go about searching for and more importantly signing up for organised racing events in Japan? I'm looking for 10km's, marathons and the like.

    Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    Originally posted by yojax View Post
    Hi everyone,

    Where can I go about searching for and more importantly signing up for organised racing events in Japan? I'm looking for 10km's, marathons and the like.

    Thanks in advance!
    Google is your friend, big events are the Tokyo Marathon and the Osaka marathon.

    Half marathons

    http://marathons.ahotu.com/calendar/half-marathon/japan
    Last edited by KansaiBen; 2012-05-13, 08:30 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
      Google is your friend, big events are the Tokyo Marathon and the Osaka marathon.

      Half marathons

      http://marathons.ahotu.com/calendar/half-marathon/japan
      Once again KB, not speaking from experience, are we?
      OP....if you can read the haponese...google <where you live> and <running events>...check out mixi and FB for ____ like that.
      Big ticket events like KB has suggested are very boring and a little gay.
      Fred
      PS check these dudes out....http://www.namban.org/ - not to be confused with these dudes...http://www.nambla.org/
      Last edited by shonanfred; 2012-05-13, 09:23 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shonanfred View Post
        Once again KB, not speaking from experience, are we?
        OP....if you can read the haponese...google <where you live> and <running events>...check out mixi and FB for ____ like that.
        Big ticket events like KB has suggested are very boring and a little gay.
        Fred
        PS check these dudes out....http://www.namban.org/ - not to be confused with these dudes...http://www.nambla.org/

        Shonan, leave KB alone.

        I think his answer was entirely accurate. The big running events ARE the big marathons, like the Osaka and Tokyo marathon. And it seems that thats what the OP wants to know about.

        Personally, I am a jogger myself (not a proper hardcore marathon runner) and I find the mini events to be a bit of a pain in the a-r-s-e... I live kind of close to Osaka castle, and I have to cross the BIG road that they use (and close) for every darn mini marathon .. .and it gets old pretty fast. No alternative routes. I would be quite happy if there was just one or 2 a year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dredrick
          Damn str8t.

          Have you seen how fat Paul is these days??

          He ain't run in years! Except from his alimony! Budoom chhhhhh...
          On report bro

          see you round sucker


          PS its none of your f---king business how big I am or any one is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dredrick
            Wow....you must really be fat.....!
            Last guy who crossed me was banned about 2 weeks ago.

            Knock yourself out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yojax View Post
              Hi everyone,

              Where can I go about searching for and more importantly signing up for organised racing events in Japan? I'm looking for 10km's, marathons and the like.

              Thanks in advance!
              Sign up at https://runnet.jp/

              You can register and pay for races online. It's good for some of the runs that fill up really fast (seriously -- you've got about 2 days max to sign up for some races before they are full, after which you can no longer register because the race is full).

              Tokyo Marathon is even harder to get into, it's a lottery system to get in. Chances are about 1 in 10, and you still need to sign up early.
              Last edited by Deathblob; 2012-05-13, 10:21 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ume View Post
                I think his answer was entirely accurate. The big running events ARE the big marathons, like the Osaka and Tokyo marathon. And it seems that thats what the OP wants to know about.
                Where does the OP say they want to know about the "big" events?
                There are a ton of smaller, well-managed events everywhere.....
                Fred

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                  Last guy who crossed me was banned about 2 weeks ago.

                  Knock yourself out.
                  Seriously KB.....this post is a little gay, even for you.
                  Fred

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Deathblob View Post
                    Sign up at https://runnet.jp/

                    You can register and pay for races online. It's good for some of the runs that fill up really fast (seriously -- you've got about 2 days max to sign up for some races before they are full, after which you can no longer register because the race is full).
                    Thanks. This was what I was looking for, a specific site/method to sign up to events. By the looks of it I can only actually do this via Japanese websites. I was kind of hoping there may have been a gaijin-friendly site somewhere online but perhaps not.

                    Thanks a bunch! I'll get out my denshi jisho and try figure out what's what!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by yojax View Post
                      Thanks. This was what I was looking for, a specific site/method to sign up to events. By the looks of it I can only actually do this via Japanese websites. I was kind of hoping there may have been a gaijin-friendly site somewhere online but perhaps not.
                      My advice.... learn Japanese. Makes life a whole lot easier on you. The numbers of foreigners who sign up for these things are probably small enough to be rendered insignificant in the minds of the organisers.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X