Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Petty Snack Question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petty Snack Question!

Here's a pretty petty question about what to eat!

I'm an ALT and my stomach seriously doesn't enjoy me starving it in the hours leading up to and after lunch. I do a lot of sport and need to snack a lot otherwise I'm going to waste away.

Basically I've been looking for a perfect school snack that's:

a) Inconspicuous
    b) High calorie
    c) Healthy
    d) cheap

So far I've been buying calorie mate. But to be honest it's not all that cheap over the course of a weeks and months. Plus it's also not as calorie dense as I'd like. I considered investing in some weight gain/protein powder but it's pretty expensive here in Japan
    Any recommendations?

Originally posted by yojax View Post
    Here's a pretty petty question about what to eat!

I'm an ALT and my stomach seriously doesn't enjoy me starving it in the hours leading up to and after lunch. I do a lot of sport and need to snack a lot otherwise I'm going to waste away.

Basically I've been looking for a perfect school snack that's:

a) Inconspicuous
    b) High calorie
    c) Healthy
    d) cheap

So far I've been buying calorie mate. But to be honest it's not all that cheap over the course of a weeks and months. Plus it's also not as calorie dense as I'd like. I considered investing in some weight gain/protein powder but it's pretty expensive here in Japan
    Any recommendations?
    I would skip the artificial stuff – and go with fruit. Bananas, apples, dried persimmons, oranges (mikan) – can all be enjoyed in the company of others.

Comment

Working...
    X