Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Softbank MMS working PERFECTLY in unlocked iphone 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softbank MMS working PERFECTLY in unlocked iphone 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working on this for a long time and finally I found out the perfect solution to fake softbank MMS without using any 3rd party software. Its so easy and simple. As softbank recognises the APN settings of the phone you are using inoder to deliver MMS, it will not recognise iphone's APN settings. So here we will change the iphone APN settings to a normal Softbank phone APN settings. Below are the steps,

1. Go to http://www.unlockit.co.nz in your iphone using safari.
    2. Tap Continue
    3. Tap Custome APN
    4. Enter APN: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
    Username: softbank
    Password: qceffknarlurqgbl
    V3 Tethering + MMS : Yes
    Carrier: Blank
    5. Tap Create Profile.
    6. Goto Settings -> Messages -> set MMS Messaging : ON and MMS Email Address as ur softbank.ne.jp ID

Thats it you are done....rock your life pal.................

Kindly let me know your experience...thanks....

Don't have any idea why this would be needed, as I can send/receive MMS on my 3.0 jailbroken phone without any settings changes (I.e. sending photos from message.app.

Or are you talking about using the softbank MMS while using a grey sim?
    Last edited by evilone; 2009-08-09, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evilone View Post
      Don't have any idea why this would be needed, as I can send/receive MMS on my 3.0 jailbroken phone without any settings changes (I.e. sending photos from message.app.

Or are you talking about using the softbank MMS while using a grey sim?
      I was using a softbank prepaid silver sim and was not able to use MMS. Now its working fine...I dont know how was u able to do that.

Comment

I am going to be attempting to set this up next week, with a prepaid sim (sim only "plan"), so thanks for the info....

Just one question, what do you mean by "prepaid silver sim" and "grey sim"?

Comment

Originally posted by shhdtm View Post
          I am going to be attempting to set this up next week, with a prepaid sim (sim only "plan"), so thanks for the info....

Just one question, what do you mean by "prepaid silver sim" and "grey sim"?
          I am really not sure....I think the gray sim is the prepaid sim that softbank used to provide long back. Now upto my knowledge all sims are silver. Anyway all the best for the setup, I did this to my friends iphone also and it worked smoothly...let me know your experience. Thanks.

Comment

I've still been unable to get SwirlyMMS2 to work on my 3G with any of the settings I've found. Why do I want to use Swirly when MMS is now functional on the iPhone? 2 reasons. 1st - because I paid $12 for it so I should at least be able to if I want to. 2nd - I'd like to be able to send videos as well as pictures...true mms capabilities.

If anyone has gotten it to work please chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by shhdtm View Post
              So... I don't have my gaijin card yet (have to get apartment, then can get the card...), so haven't got my sim card yet. Went into the Softbank at Tenjin (Fukuoka) the other day, and chatted to the girl there, and she said that I could get a prepaid phone... I mentioned that I have a phone already, and she said I could get a sim only, and it was 0 yen, plus the cost of recharge (3000 or 5000).

So, I went back with a Japanese friend today, just to check that I had understood everything. They told her that the only option was prepaid phone +sim, and it would cost about 10000 yen. When my friend mentioned I have an Australian iphone they emphatically said that the sim wouldn't work with the Aussie phone. No, I couldn't buy a sim only, wasn't an option.

So - how did you get your prepaid sim??? And how much did it cost?

Comment

Sim card color

Just picked up a new prepaid Softbank as a second line. Samsung. The sim is white. "prepaid" printed in black letters. Works fine in my old Vodafone Japan(red sim) post pay mobile too.

Of course Softbank prepaid doesnt include web surfing.

If you can get a a prepaid sim to work in the iphone, thats cool.
                Just don't expect Softbank salespeople to helpful at all if you tell them about your plan.

They tend to look at prepaid customers as "trailer trash". Minimum  spent, tons of questions,tons of questions in English,etc.
                So they rather not be bothered.

Comment

I brought the softbank prepaid sim, as I was unable to get it alone I had to buy a phone sumsung 707SCII. It cost me 6000JPY and then 3000JPY for the sim card. I then pulled out the prepaid sim and inserted in the iphone and using it. Though they dont offer data packages, my softbank email is working in which I can attach pics and small videos (which was my biggest concern)

Comment

Originally posted by wdenver View Post
                    I was working on this for a long time and finally I found out the perfect solution to fake softbank MMS without using any 3rd party software. Its so easy and simple. As softbank recognises the APN settings of the phone you are using inoder to deliver MMS, it will not recognise iphone's APN settings. So here we will change the iphone APN settings to a normal Softbank phone APN settings. Below are the steps,

1. Go to http://www.unlockit.co.nz in your iphone using safari.
                    2. Tap Continue
                    3. Tap Custome APN
                    4. Enter APN: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
                    Username: softbank
                    Password: qceffknarlurqgbl
                    V3 Tethering + MMS : Yes
                    Carrier: Blank
                    5. Tap Create Profile.
                    6. Goto Settings -> Messages -> set MMS Messaging : ON and MMS Email Address as ur softbank.ne.jp ID

Thats it you are done....rock your life pal.................

Kindly let me know your experience...thanks....
                    Ok, I finally have my prepaid sim...

And am having a lot of trouble getting this to work. First off, what I've done:
                    As I bought the sim only, my email wasn't set up, so I threw the sim in a friends normal softbank phone, and sent an email, which seemed to activate it.
                    Then I put the sim into my phone and followed the above instructions (the only difference was I had to click "install" to install the new profile, after #5).

No joy. I presume this should allow me to send an email to a pc account, eg to my personal ***@hotmail.com account, using the "messages" app? Everytime I try to send a MMS, it says "Message Send Failure".. My phone is an Aussie 3G unlocked iphone (not jailbroken), with 3.0 software. Phone calls are working fine, but still struggling with this email setup. What am I missing?!

Comment

this isn't working for me either.. not receieving or able to send msgs..

using a silver softbank prepaid card on jailbroken ultrasn0w'd 3G running 3.0

getting messaging working is the fial hurdle for me, can anyone tell me where i'm going wrong?

Comment

LOL @ all the cheap asses in here.

Why don't you go out there and buy a normal sim on a White Plan like all the rest of us?

Then you may find out why your bloody iphones aren't working...

Amateurs. Did any of you stop to think that services with a pre paid sim are limited?

I have a cracked, hacked and pumped 3GS running ultrasn0w 3.0.1, have internet tethering, 3G unrestrictor, Cydia and Winterboard and can use any sim from anywhere in the world.

Best phone in the world bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by schizm
                          You're still a dumb ____ who should attend driving school
                          What does driving school have to do with the fact that the cheap asses in this thread should probably just sign up for iPhone service like everyone else, rather than trying desperately to save 5yen/month?

Comment

Originally posted by mavis View Post
                            What does driving school have to do with the fact that the cheap asses in this thread should probably just sign up for iPhone service like everyone else, rather than trying desperately to save 5yen/month?
                            I don't remember. Too much beer last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shoe View Post
                              LOL @ all the cheap asses in here.

Why don't you go out there and buy a normal sim on a White Plan like all the rest of us?

Then you may find out why your bloody iphones aren't working...

Amateurs. Did any of you stop to think that services with a pre paid sim are limited?

I have a cracked, hacked and pumped 3GS running ultrasn0w 3.0.1, have internet tethering, 3G unrestrictor, Cydia and Winterboard and can use any sim from anywhere in the world.

Best phone in the world bar none.
                              If you have a Softbank sim, why do you need ultrasn0w? Or is that just for using the iPhone overseas?

Comment

Working...
                              X