Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Using AU with iPhone 3GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using AU with iPhone 3GS

After repeatedly trying to get a softbank contract for the new iPhone and being denied for various reasons, I wana give softbank the finger and just buy an Iphone on Ebay or yahoo auctions and jailbreak and unlock it and use it with my AU Contract. Ive been looking around to see if this has been done, but so far no luck...

Has anyone done this and were there any problems? I know before one couldn't do it because of the different bands that softbank and AU and the iPhone ran on, but now with ultrasnow, it seems that its an option. Can anyone verify this before I buy the phone Thanx!

Can't be done. Softbank & Docomo use WCDMA while au use CDMA2000-1x hardware, and the iphone is a GSM/WCDMA handset..

Comment

But the ultrasnow software says it unlocks to iphone on all bands? Or is that on all bands within those 2 ranges only? If thats the case, that sucks...dam softbank ______s...

Comment

Originally posted by Daikonran View Post
        But the ultrasnow software says it unlocks to iphone on all bands? Or is that on all bands within those 2 ranges only? If thats the case, that sucks...dam softbank ______s...
        Nope, it unlocks iPhone to use COMPATIBLE phone systems from other providers. Not any system.
        If thats what you want to do, consider Docomo, check if anyone else has done that before you buy.

Comment

Mmmm. Ok thanx for clearing that up then. If thats the case, then I could just use a softbank cheap contract or something instead. I wanted to stay away from softbank in general because of their sh1tty reputation and because they make me angry. But I guess it cant be helped. Thanx for clearing it up for me though. Glad I didnt get the phone then try this all ;D

Comment

Working...
          X