Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Fight Back: Speak Out Against ACTA, Sign the Petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
    After reading the article I decided to check it out so I downloaded the Mac version, there are versions for windows and Linuz however,so far Tribler has turned out to be a piece of crap on the Mac. It doesn`t even boot up just quits with an error. They claim that it took five years to develop it, I think they might need five years more!
    Doh, I confess that I haven't tried it yet.

Edit: Trying it now--seems to be working just fine.

Edit Edit: Worked smoothly--a little slow. Probably will pick up as more people use it.
    Last edited by Hijinx; 2012-02-09, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
      Doh, I confess that I haven't tried it yet.

Edit: Trying it now--seems to be working just fine.

Edit Edit: Worked smoothly--a little slow. Probably will pick up as more people use it.
      Which version are you using? For me the Mac version just will not work!

Comment

Running Mac 10.7.3
        Tribler: whatever the latest is
        Have system set up to work perfectly with Transmission

Comment

Running Mac 10.7.3
          AHH! That explains it, Tribler doesn`t work on a PPC Mac. funny didn`t get any messages when I installed it and no info on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by thefan View Post
            A buddy of mine who has worked as a producer for 20 odd years just laughs when you ask him how CD sales are doing.

Another buddy of mine makes his living, or rather, used to make his living making video content for music companies, he's having a hard time making ends meet these days because the evil corporations that used to give him work to do can't afford to any more. The squeeze is not on the Lady Googoos of this world, it is on the little guys.

Left to me I would just make a law against selling advertising space on a site which allows copyright infringement.
            How true, hoe true.... Why don't you suggest to him, that he joins up with the producers of horse carriages?

They have the same problem he does, because those evil car businesses put them out of business?

Comment

Originally posted by John Grey View Post
              How true, hoe true.... Why don't you suggest to him, that he joins up with the producers of horse carriages?

They have the same problem he does, because those evil car businesses put them out of business?
              I didn't know you could download cars for free

Comment

Sure, it's been out for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by John Grey View Post

If he wants work I know lots of people in several niche industries that could give him work.

Comment

Originally posted by BackDoor_Man View Post
                    AHH! That explains it, Tribler doesn`t work on a PPC Mac. funny didn`t get any messages when I installed it and no info on their website.
                    You better update that and quick! You're running jinseinosensei tech in a post Jobs world!

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                      If he wants work I know lots of people in several niche industries that could give him work.
                      Certainly there is work, but people don't want to pay for it, or pay as little as possible, this problem is not confined to Japan, as this wonderful website reveals.

Clients from Hell

Client: Hey, I want to cancel the project so If you could just give me a full refund of my non-refundable deposit and we’ll both go our separate ways

Me: I’m afraid the non-refundable deposit can’t be returned.

Client: What? Why?

Me: It’s non-refundable.

Client: Well I didn’t know that!
                      Client: We need some kind of epic music. Put the Star Wars theme in there. People will know that.

Me: Uhh, you can’t do that due to copyright.

Client: Indiana Jones it is then.
                      "I don’t like the fact that you sent me a contract; it makes me feel bound to pay you."
                      Your MP3 player is full of advertising jingles masquerading as music, that's all. The mentality of taking creative work for free crushes originality.

Comment

Running Mac 10.7.3
                        It looks like a bittorrent version of Limewire or GNUtella

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                          It looks like a bittorrent version of Limewire or GNUtella
                          That would be a fair description. It seems to work well.

Comment

That would be a fair description. It seems to work well.
                            Except that you're DLing from a fixed file. So, it's similar to Megaupload's format with a few automated bells and whistles thrown in and better distributed through the cloud. Bet it only takes a year before the Feds twig onto this and storm the owners' mansions in true Rambo style.

Comment

Here's a stupid idea

Video artist friend in the UK has been pitching this to various studios and they keep giving him the boot.

His idea is simple and has 2 formats,

The first stage is to put out feature films with minimal advertising placed before the film and enhanced content to run in movie theatres.

At the same time he proposes that lower quality versions of the movie be made available via torrents to the public. These films would lack the extras of the movie versions, have a heavy front load of advertising and would require getting a password from the official website which would also require a subscription to the monthly newsletter. The movie and ad execs are very interested in this idea until he suggests that this lower quality version of the movie be made available for free. It's at this point that security is called and he's given the bum's rush and ejected into the street.

The idea is a sound one, it would kill off the cams and the cartels putting them out and it may even result in a better product being put out for the downloaders to watch. Ad revenues would go up radically as the websites could have counters and trackers to tabulate and build databases that would let them spam their vict...er...customers with targeted advertising.

Comment

Let me guess.... you are an american?

Comment

Working...
                                X