Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Alternative Okinawa: Americans Out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it all boils down to and our windmill tilting madman of an OP doesn't realize is that Tokyo wants the US bases in Okinawa and if fact if they could have their way all of the US bases currently in Japan would be located in Okinawa. The Japanese logic for doing this is;

the bases are disruptive, are a reminder of Japan's past and proof that the United States doesn't trust Japan
    the Okinawans aren't Japanese, they know that and have no love for their rulers in Tokyo so. it's better for the Okinawans to vent their anger on the Americans instead of them forming an independence movement and all that entails.

Comment

beentheredonethat

Indeed.
      Well said.

Most people are too scared to say what you are saying for fear of being labeled "anti-American" (the greatest sin in the 21st century, apparently) and being harassed and abused for daring to challenge the "Empire".

Less than 5% of the world's population do not have the right to behave as they please outside their own borders.
      "The greatest democracy on earth" should know that.
      Last edited by hennagaijin; 2012-03-04, 02:44 PM.

Comment

The penis envy on this thread is awesome!!

Comment

Mothers often tell their fat annoying obnoxious little kids that people don't like them because they are "jealous".
          Those mothers are lying and/or kidding themselves.

Who would want to be an American who was not?

Currently the most hated nation on earth with people from all over the world wanting to kill its citizens.

Comment

Blippity Bloppity Blarg.
            It's like screaming at the sea, wishing for a Pony.

Okinawa is part of Japan, not it's own sovereign nation despite what you Yahoos may think.

The U.S. isn't going anywhere as long as China is armed and right across the sea.
            One wonders if the Japanese Empire would have been so kind to say... the Taiwanese, if they had won the war in the pacific.
            I think their history of what they do to subjugated territories speaks for itself.

Frankly, Okinawa AND Japan should thank their lucky stars that America didn't blast the whole gawd-damned island chain into infinity.
            But you know, America... they're evil imperialistic a$$holes, right..
            Last edited by YokohamaTommy; 2012-03-04, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
              Who would want to be an American who was not?

Currently the most hated nation on earth with people from all over the world wanting to kill its citizens.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra..._United_States

In 2006 the United States accepted more legal immigrants as permanent residents than all other countries in the world combined. After ethnic quotas on immigration were removed in 1965 the number of actual (first-generation) immigrants living in the United States eventually quadrupled, from 9.6 million in 1970 to about 38 million in 2007. Over one million persons were naturalizedas U.S. citizens in 2008. The leading countries of origin of immigrants to the United States were Mexico, India, the Philippines, and China. Nearly 14 million immigrants entered the United States from 2000 to 2010.

Hmmmm.....apparently a lot of people didn't get the message!

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat
                They don't want to be Americans ... they want to escape poverty and the oppression it entails.
                So why not choose Canada? Australia? New Zealand? Or even Japan??
                You're just pissed because Siri can't understand your atrocious accent.
                Here's a tip. Build your own fucking products!

Last edited by Shakes Spear; 2012-03-04, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakes Spear View Post
                  So why not choose Canada? Australia? New Zealand? Or even Japan??
                  You're just pissed because Siri can't understand your atrocious accent.
                  Here's a tip. Build your own fucking products!
                  SIMI appears to be a perfectly good alternative for him to use

Comment

Very good ... does not do too well with Furby either

It is an Imperial thing, isn't it? ... Like all the Jamaicans and Indians going to Britain. None of the nations you mentioned ever invaded anyone so no one wants to visit them. Strange ... I would have thought people would have preferred to go where they wasn't a history of abuse

Can Okinawans get a Green Card? Now that would be a good compromise.

Apple? ... bah, a Syrian selling Chinese sweatshop knock offs.

I have heard the new iPhone4s don't work properly in Japanese either ... although there is already an App to find the local Soaplands.
                    alamak! you no keenah lah! go relac one corner round room lah!

Comment

Then a few years later there was the 14 year old ...
                      You make it sound as if it is a daily occurrence.

It's interesting that you didn't include this video. Issei Sagawa killed and ate a girl, and even admits that he wants to eat another, but not kill her. Apparently he frequented Roppongi looking for a white woman. Isn't he charming?
                      Part 1

Keep in mind that Obara had videotaped himself drugging and raping 150 women. Police even found the tapes.
                      Part 2
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GTi_...eature=related
                      Last edited by LD2; 2012-03-04, 10:16 PM.

Comment

?....and an ancient valuable castle ...
                        A castle's only value is to remind the populous that they are peasants and only a few in the society control the wealth and power passed down along family lines.

Pray tell, What structure is in its place now? I wonder what message that structure tells..... And who put it there.....

Comment

Let's say that you and the Okinawan anti American groups get your way, the US military is moved out of Japan and the Security Treaty is abrogated. Now that there will be no security blanket or US presence to put the brakes on the stupidity that the S Koreans and Japanese get into or to prevent the NK's from launching a nuclear strike, should the Japanese start aggressively building up their military? And if they do build up their military because it's not safety with China, South and North Korea actively hating their guts what will happen in the region?

Before you do battle with the wind powered (some say it's hot air direct from Kokaigijido and Kasumigaseki), mechanical monster maybe you should stop and think about it.

Comment

...I don't swallow Yankee Cold War rhetoric. Never did. ....
                            Well you have definitely swallowed something.

I wonder what the Tibetans, Nepalese and Formosans would have to say about their chances to avoid the oppressions for China? If I recall correctly - the last US land expansion was – 1959, preceded by Alaska – 1867.

Okinawa was as good an opportunity as any – but it was returned to Japanese administration in 1972.

At any time it so chooses – Japan can indeed kick the Americans out, as they are not here by force of arms – but by treaty. That this hasn't happened seems evidence to me that the Japanese see merit in having them here.

Comment

Like I say ... the Japanese do, the Okinawans don't. I side with the Okinawans. At present the islands are occupied against their will.
                              Occupied - by the Americans - or the Japanese?

Comment

Like I say ... the Japanese do, the Okinawans don't. I side with the Okinawans. At present the islands are occupied against their will.
                                psssst.....Okinawans are actually Japanese! No, REALLY!!
                                It's like when you say 'Hawaiians' are a happy group of islanders. They're still Americans.

I find your handle quite humorous because you obviously believe that Wikipedia counts as "being there and doing that".

It was the Okinawans own lust for trade with other countries, especially the West, that led to their demise as the Ryukyu Kingdom.
                                Play with fire long enough and eventually you're gonna get burned.

Comment

Working...
                                X