Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Hand over your Facebook username and password if you want a job!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarryHurry View Post
    A. It's brain numbingly boring for others
    It sure is...
    It used to be more interesting...people would put interesting or important things up.
    Now it's just a flood of

"Oh man, my NEW BENZ just got a scratch"

"Ooops! 4 super-espressos before noon! Watch out world!"

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
      It sure is...
      It used to be more interesting...
      Ridiculous comment. It was never interesting, you just thought it was. It should be renamed "LonelyBook" because only my lonely "friends" post anything there. In 2025 it will be called "Stupid stuff I did in the 2010's. "Facebook Forever" will be a sad epilogue for the ignorant.

Comment

facebook is fun sorry if you hate your life !

Comment

Originally posted by jarjarbinks View Post
          facebook is fun sorry if you hate your life !

The concept of fun has clearly passed you by...

Comment

Originally posted by Seattlegirl View Post
            In a different article on this topic, an interviewee who refused to give the information got the job and was told that they were "testing him" to see if he would easily give up sensitive information.
            Exactly. An employer who only hires people who are willing to divulge private information, not to mention the fact that they've encouraged you to break your agreement with Facebook and reveal your details?

Who would want to work for a company with such a blatant disregard for privacy and the law?

And from an employer's perspective, who would want to hire someone who willingly breaks agreements and confidentiality to give up such information?

Originally posted by Seattlegirl View Post
            EVERYONE should have their privacy settings so only friends can find them. That's just common sense....which is sadly lacking in the world today.
            Afraid I disagree on this one. One great benefit of Facebook is it allows me to find people who I'd fallen out of touch with years ago (in the days before email/internet) and to reestablish these contacts and friendships. If settings were limited to friends then one could only ever find people in one's very recent circle of contacts. Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by purple View Post
              One great benefit of Facebook is it allows me to find people who I'd fallen out of touch with years ago (in the days before email/internet) and to reestablish these contacts and friendships.
              Agreed...FB has allowed me to bang some of the hot chicks from high school I couldn't bang in 1988.
              Fred

Comment

Originally posted by purple View Post
                One great benefit of Facebook is it allows me to find people who I'd fallen out of touch with years ago (in the days before email/internet) and to reestablish these contacts and friendships. If settings were limited to friends then one could only ever find people in one's very recent circle of contacts. Not cool.

Fair enough, I guess, but if it was that important to keep in touch you would have kept in touch...

Comment

Originally posted by shonanfred View Post
                  Agreed...FB has allowed me to bang some of the hot chicks from high school I couldn't bang in 1988.
                  Fred
                  Yep. They sure do get desperate when they're no longer hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Andun View Post
                    Yep. They sure do get desperate when they're no longer hot.
                    Desperate girl beejers are the best.
                    Fred

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/notes/facebo...26598317390057

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
                      by Facebook and Privacy on Friday, March 23, 2012 at 5:32am ·
                      In recent months, wefve seen a distressing increase in reports of employers or others seeking to gain inappropriate access to peoplefs Facebook profiles or private information. This practice undermines the privacy expectations and the security of both the user and the userfs friends. It also potentially exposes the employer who seeks this access to unanticipated legal liability.

The most alarming of these practices is the reported incidences of employers asking prospective or actual employees to reveal their passwords. If you are a Facebook user, you should never have to share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account or violate the privacy of your friends. We have worked really hard at Facebook to give you the tools to control who sees your information.

As a user, you shouldnft be forced to share your private information and communications just to get a job. And as the friend of a user, you shouldnft have to worry that your private information or communications will be revealed to someone you donft know and didnft intend to share with just because that user is looking for a job. Thatfs why wefve made it a violation of Facebookfs Statement of Rights and Responsibilities to share or solicit a Facebook password.

We donft think employers should be asking prospective employees to provide their passwords because we donft think itfs the right thing to do. But it also may cause problems for the employers that they are not anticipating. For example, if an employer sees on Facebook that someone is a member of a protected group (e.g. over a certain age, etc.) that employer may open themselves up to claims of discrimination if they donft hire that person.

Employers also may not have the proper policies and training for reviewers to handle private information. If they donft\and actually, even if they do--the employer may assume liability for the protection of the information they have seen or for knowing what responsibilities may arise based on different types of information (e.g. if the information suggests the commission of a crime).

Facebook takes your privacy seriously. Wefll take action to protect the privacy and security of our users, whether by engaging policymakers or, where appropriate, by initiating legal action, including by shutting down applications that abuse their privileges.

While we will continue to do our part, it is important that everyone on Facebook understands they have a right to keep their password to themselves, and we will do our best to protect that right.

-- Erin Egan, Chief Privacy Officer, Policy

Comment

If it were a hot female interviewee I would hand over my Facebook username and password for a job...as long as it was of the hand or blow variety.

Comment

Do you not get the job if you do not have a FB account?

Comment

Latest word is Facebook will be taking any company that asks for your fb account and password information to court. Guess that's the end of this practice.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/faceb...26598317390057

Comment

Working...
                            X