Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

American beef..and you're worried about lettuce from Ibaraki..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American beef..and you're worried about lettuce from Ibaraki..

I was in Kai'wana burger today (or whatever it's called) and there is this fn dumb amerken with permed hair in front of me asking the Japanese burger girl
    "Does the lettuce in these hamburgers come from North or South Japan?"
    Multiple problems, least of all the hair.

Imagine a Japanese walking into a burger store and asking that question in Japanese and expecting a response in Japanese.

The beef this idjit eats every day in america is disgusting. Comes from sick animals.

Nothing dangerous about it, as long as you cook it real hard and wash your hands REAL WELL after touching it.

Today in the Yomiyuri (from reuters)
    "Meat found on U.S grocery store shelves often contains high levels of bacteria, with more than half the bacteria resistant to multiple types of antibiotic...."
    Incorrect handling can cause " ..a whole slew of infections ranging from skin infections to really bad respiratory infections like pneumonia..."

That's gross. I will eat the odd yanqui burger but give me Aussie beef over any other any day. The cows there don't live on and and breathe feces all day.

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post

Nothing dangerous about it, as long as you cook it real hard and wash your hands REAL WELL after touching it.

and esp. before touching it ...

Comment

Comes from sick animals.

The cows there don't live on and and breathe feces all day.
      Please lay off your beer. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Kiboo View Post
        Please lay off your beer. Thank you
        Huh?

You think I can afford beer? I teach English for a 'living'.

Check yourself housefairy.

Comment

I ain't gonna eat lettuce from the nuked areas nor feces beef from the States. Like I said before, why buy Ibaragi, Miyagi, Fukushima anything if there are plenty of alternatives? Call it stupid worries, but there's no downside to it. I'll take my veggies with the least of amount of radiation, thank you--not just below some standard set by the gov.

Comment

Huh?

You think I can afford beer? I teach English for a 'living'.

Check yourself housefairy.
            See, you're lucky. I can't afford teaching English ... neither for fun.

Comment

I was in Kai'wana burger today (or whatever it's called) and there is this fn dumb amerken with permed hair in front of me asking the Japanese burger girl "Does the lettuce in these hamburgers come from North or South Japan?"
              He should have asked if there was any pink slime in the burgers?

Feel free to search for pink slime if you are not aware of it...

Comment

Mosbuger:
                Now featuring special Hokkaido glowing lettuce in all kids sets!
                Collect all 4 colors!
                Red, blue, Green, and OMG it's moving towards us!
                Fun for the whole family!
                Only \1.59 extra!!!

These are the same kind of self-righteous hipsters we have here in L.A. that
                start lecturing me on how my lunch comes from non-sustainable resources and how I personally am ruining the planet.
                I'll bet the guy who was asking about the lettuce was wearing shorts with socks and sandals too.

Can't these dolts just let me enjoy my poo-burger in peace?

Geeze.

Comment

Imagine a Japanese walking into a burger store and asking that question in Japanese and expecting a response in Japanese.
                  What else did you expect from some American who lives in his little American world?

I am not surprised at all.

The beef this idjit eats every day in america is disgusting. Comes from sick animals.

That's gross. I will eat the odd yanqui burger but give me Aussie beef over any other any day. The cows there don't live on and and breathe feces all day.
                  Thanks for the info. Now I know why the US beef smells and tastes like shiit. US cows eat feces.
                  Agree about Aussie beef. At least it's edible.

Comment

Originally posted by EscaleAuxMarquises View Post
                    What else did you expect from some American who lives in his little American world?

I am not surprised at all.

Thanks for the info. Now I know why the US beef smells and tastes like shiit. US cows eat feces.
                    Agree about Aussie beef. At least it's edible.
                    I hate hippies but "The Omnivore's dilemma is a great book if you like food.
                    I am no huge fan of organics, undecided about g.m eat fast food about once a week but there is a limit.
                    I'm not trying to shill Aussie beef but really, that American stuff....fn meat from really sick animals that live on corn? Grain fed?! As in the cow grew up eating
                    something akin to cornflakes because they can't really digest corn well but it's cheaper to feed them that than let them roam around and eat grass?!

Aussie beef. You should see where THAT comes from. awesome.. The land isn't that productive so you need huge properties to feed a lot of cows/ They mostly just walk all over the place and eat lots of grass like they're meant to do.

Comment

... The cows there don't live on and and breathe feces all day.
                      Well I am truly relieved. I had begun to worry about eating my fish - you know, those critters that swim in, live in, and indeed breathe in their own little cesspools of water.

And it is no better from the veggies either – as they truly live on and indeed thrive on poop.

Here I was wonderin ifin I shouldn't switch to beef - but now I see it is all the same. It seems it donft matter – we are obliged to eat and breathe the excrement of other things.

Comment

Originally posted by trip_hop View Post
                        He should have asked if there was any pink slime in the burgers?

Feel free to search for pink slime if you are not aware of it...
                        Disgusting that is! I posted about pink slime about a week ago:

Originally posted by Tokoton
                        Not newsworthy considering most businesses like them have seen drops in their earnings since 11-3-11, but now that you've opened this can of worms, why don't we use this thread to discuss what's in those patties they use to make their hamburgers.

Look up the term "pink slime" if you have the guts.

Pink slime is possibly the grossest thing you never knew about fast food hamburgers:

Itfs gthe cheapest, least desirable beef on offer \ fatty sweepings from the slaughterhouse floor, which are notoriously rife with pathogens like E. coli 0157 and antibiotic-resistant salmonella. (Beef Products, Inc. or BPI) sends the scraps through a series of machines, grinds them into a paste, separates out the fat, and laces the substance with ammonia to kill pathogens.h

Pink slime is an additive in 70% of the ground beef in the U.S., which means that if youfre eating a burger, therefs a good chance youfre getting a dose of the stuff. Pink slime isnft just in U.S. ground beef, though. BPI deals with other countries as well. Not only that, theyfre looking to expand their market share, stating that their:

Ultimate goal is to have our products incorporated in all ground beef and other further processed meats produced in the United States. Our products can also be found in Canada, Mexico, and Japan with expansion plans for Central America, Europe, and Pacific Rim countries.

Comment

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
                          Well I am truly relieved. I had begun to worry about eating my fish - you know, those critters that swim in, live in, and indeed breathe in their own little cesspools of water.

And it is no better from the veggies either – as they truly live on and indeed thrive on poop.

Here I was wonderin ifin I shouldn't switch to beef - but now I see it is all the same. It seems it donft matter – we are obliged to eat and breathe the excrement of other things.
                          Vegetables and fish don't live on feedlots covered in ____. The feces dry out, the cows breathe it in and get sick - well that's ONE of the things that makes them sick.
                          I'm not grossed out by the excrement, I'm grossed out at the thought of meat that comes from diseased animals.

Comment

That is disgusting! American or Australian it is all disgusting! Specially fast food places, give me Fish, chicken or pork any day of the week, much healthier.

Comment

...The feces dry out, the cows breathe it in and get sick - well that's ONE of the things that makes them sick. ....
                              The feed lots I saw – were perpetually wet, as cows drink a lot and more importantly – pee a lot. There wasnft much concern over dust being stirred up. Conversely – the air hung heavy with evaporating pee and truly stank.

Cows in the wild, being herd animals – will generally follow a trail to get to their water source and do their thing as they walk along. Since they are not confined – the trail dries out, and the next time they come along – head-down, they are more likely to be sniffing the manure turned dust from their prior passing.

I am not a proponent of feed lots – but I see far less danger to the cows or to humans than you suggest.

Diseased animals - cows or any other - should not be butchered for human consumption.

Comment

Working...
                              X