Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

How do I say this in japanese-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I say this in japanese-

Hello

I want to say this in Japanese but I don't really know how-

"To be/look extra beautiful" (For example. A girl may look good without make-up and stuff, but she wants to be extra beautiful and she puts on some make-up)

Thank you

In Japan that's the base standard. So saying it would be a redundancy - girls already put their effort into looking extra beautiful every day.

What exists is the word in the other direction (no makeup) - ƒXƒbƒsƒ“ (suppin - sounds like of like 'spin').

One of the many reasons to love Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daclopeda View Post
      Hello

I want to say this in Japanese but I don't really know how-

"To be/look extra beautiful" (For example. A girl may look good without make-up and stuff, but she wants to be extra beautiful and she puts on some make-up)

Thank you

"Muri desu". Should accomplish your true intent. say it with a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Esoteric View Post
        In Japan that's the base standard. So saying it would be a redundancy - girls already put their effort into looking extra beautiful every day.

What exists is the word in the other direction (no makeup) - ƒXƒbƒsƒ“ (suppin - sounds like of like 'spin').

One of the many reasons to love Japan.
        Oh, I see well, I guess I understand that, haha^^ always looks so dolly like.
        So, what I was going to use these words for is a admission to a school of beauty. Like saying "I want to become a beautician so that I can help people who wants to be extra beautiful sometimes."
        But I guess that would only sound wrong then ^^'

Thank you for replying

Comment

Working...
        X