Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

memorizing kanji

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memorizing kanji

hello there!
    i would like to ask people studying japanese how they deal with kanji and their many translation.for example 音 (means SOUND) but how do you exactly memorize all the different pronunciation a kanji can have? this has only two (On, IN) but there are some which have more pronunciation lile 5 or 7 (and i am sure more.. how do you memorize all this? you write down the kanji a lot of times?? i have bad memory often... I hope you could understand me. Please just serious answer
    thank you everyone!

It looks at a synthesis of the Chinese character. It is the compound and it learns it as vocalization. 音 おと sound / 騒音 そうおん noise / 音楽 おんがく music / 音量 おんりょう volume

Comment

I have no problem to memorize the pronunciation of Kanji, the problem for me is to memorize the character itself. I can recognize it and hit it right in the computer though when it comes to handwriting that is hard. Usually it takes a lot of time and a lot of srokes to practice till you learn it. Good luck (*_*)

Comment

Originally posted by Kiboo View Post
        I have no problem to memorize the pronunciation of Kanji, the problem for me is to memorize the character itself. I can recognize it and hit it right in the computer though when it comes to handwriting that is hard. Usually it takes a lot of time and a lot of srokes to practice till you learn it. Good luck (*_*)
        Indeed!!! that's want a mean...it's ok when i write them with the keyboard,but it's hard to handwriting because i dont remember the kanji itself...if i remember the kanji i can remember the strokes order.....most of the time lol
        thank you!!!

Comment

I have never made an effort to individually memorize any kanji and all its readings. I learn the readings/meanings as I go, in context. I have a large sentence deck and spend two hours a day reading from it. I've passively absorbed tons of grammar and my vocab is expanding every day. I really feel that you'd just bog yourself down trying to learn the countless readings/meanings for the more common kanji without even having any words to use them in.

Comment

I've been using Anki to try to memorise the kanji ^__^
            For example, I will have a deck for the jouyou kanji learned in second year elementary school, it shows me the readings, and I write what I think is the correct kanji for the readings. If I get it right I click that I got it, if I didn't know the kanji or I wrote it wrong, I click that I got it wrong. I only started last week, but I think this will be a good way to help me memorise the kanji as well as being able to write them.

Comment

Working...
            X