Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Whacha reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished reading 真珠婦人(shinjyu-fujin = pearl lady) by 菊池寛(Kikuchi Kan), a classic, Japanese version of Carmen. And I 'm finally reading Fracoise Sagan's "Bonjour Tristesse" (悲しみよこんにちは)in English copy.
    Last edited by foxy49; 2006-05-05, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• a good read

Here's a good one. Not too tough but you might have to pull the dictionary out here and there. Great, lovely funny/tragic stories about death personified, coming down to earth to do his job.

d
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by duggy
        Here's a good one. Not too tough but you might have to pull the dictionary out here and there. Great, lovely funny/tragic stories about death personified, coming down to earth to do his job.

d
        That sounds light.

Comment

• actually, it is, B1. It's kind of a light treatment of a heavy topic. I pushed noodles out my nose laughing while parked in my car, eating lunch, reading this one.

serious, give it a try.

d

Comment

• I'll be right. Thanks d

Comment

• Originally posted by B1-B2
              That sounds light.
              Originally posted by B1-B2
              I'll be right. Thanks d
              Here's an offer Buffoon. It involves no questions or riddles and only about a moderate intellect, so you're nearly qualified!

I've got a 5000yen bill for you if you'll just stop posting on this thread.

Now that's really money for nothing!

Comment

• Vampire Hunter D - Demon Deathchase by Hideyuki Kikuchi

Comment

• Originally posted by aha yes
                  Here's an offer Buffoon. It involves no questions or riddles and only about a moderate intellect, so you're nearly qualified!

I've got a 5000yen bill for you if you'll just stop posting on this thread.

Now that's really money for nothing!
                  I'll double it!

And I'll cover your debt Aha Yes if you admit you love books and quote us some of your favourite lines.

You know you want to.

Comment

• Big Jugs Monthly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage
                      Big Jugs Monthly.
                      it's getting old, brother...

Comment

• Sausage ahoy. . .

Originally posted by Booker
                        it's getting old, brother...
                        Indeed it is. I'll put up another 10,000 for him to feck off, go w@nk himself sillier and stop trolling this site.

Whatchoo reading Booker?

Comment

• Yesterday I turned the last page of Fitzie's "Tender is the Night" just as I reached my station (calculated speedreading rather than a pleasant coincidence; although I recant my earlier disavowal of books, I savor much more the erotic climb of women on escalators...) and nearly fell out the doors in empathetic pain for the protagonist's dissolute end...Oh ____, why did you let the women and the drink debase you? It doesn't have to be that way...or so I consoled myself on the walk home.

Anyways it's an exhausting and melancholy read if you're a borderline alcoholic living with an insane woman as so many of us are but Fitzie makes depression very compelling - he makes it beautiful. Recommended!

Today I started "Sputnik Sweetheart" by Murakami which for me marks a return to a subject that is close to my heart - lesbians who turn to c*ck when they drink and then forget everything in the morning...OK, I made that up. But it is a story about lesbians so I'm really jazzed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Ob
                            Indeed it is. I'll put up another 10,000 for him to feck off, go w@nk himself sillier and stop trolling this site.

Whatchoo reading Booker?
                            i'm reading a big fat b1tch of a book called *dawn to the west*. a necessary evil

Comment

• Originally posted by Booker
                              i'm reading a big fat b1tch of a book called *dawn to the west*. a necessary evil
                              I've just started reading 'Russka' by Edward Rutherfurd. Have decided I'm going to read all his historical epics.

Comment

• Neil Gaiman

Anansi Boys(SF): good one if you liked American Gods.
                                Never read Harry Potter s**t and never will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X