Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Should I get married to another Japanese Woman?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get married to another Japanese Woman?

I had by all accounts (mostly my own) a great 22 years with my ex-wife, who is Japanese. I'm thinking of marrying another Japanese woman if I can. However, I'm still not 100% there on the decision. My ex has no desire to live in Japan again. I have the desire to bring my kids to Japan in the summers. She doesn't think that makes any sense but each to their own.

Perhaps I should add, I have three kids, all boys who I want to experience Japan even if there mother is not interested. They dont speak Japanese, although they know plenty of words....Dame being the most common Ha Ha. No really. I want to immerse them while they're young. I do think Japanese women are truly great long term partners and of course smart and friendly and hard working etc...I'm not looking for a replacement. Rather a partner in life.

Comment

Is japan really that serious? you sound like a japanese hunter. Just marry a girl who is attractive, has a great personality and truly loves you. Why does she have to be a specific ethnicity?

Comment

I have found that I like many things Japanese and I most especially like the effort put into Marriage. I also happen to find Japanese Women seem to attract me the most. It's hard to shake off 22 years on cross cultural experience. My other cross cultural experience is with Arabs. I'm not attracted to them at all. They make great friends but not so great in thr relationship dept in my opinion. My kids are going to live in Japan for some extended period while they're young. Perhaps because my ex wife was from Inaka and made good in Univ in the US etc she had both the old style J-Life hammered into her and the modern-USA-Tokyo life carry her forward. Anyway Japan is my first choice for many reasons.

Comment

What country are you from if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

I am guessing that you would have a hard time finding a Japanese woman who would take in a 1-time loser with three kids, but of course I could be wrong. You might find a 1-time loser woman with kids – who needs supplemental income, but my guess is that finding one who would also contemplate living outside of Japan would be nearly impossible.

The US had Parents Without Partners – a social organization that brings together such parents – but I havenft heard of any such organization in Japan.

Comment

It's been my experience that Japanese women don't take to kindly to children from a previous marriage. As TJrandom stated above, they're quite good with it when the roles are reversed.

But that's just been my experience...I'm an old guy, so don't know what these younger kids think these days...

Comment

• Old Style
                Old Style commented
                Editing a comment
                ...too kindly...

• HibiyaLineLife
                HibiyaLineLife commented
                Editing a comment
                I have seen this first hand. My ex's Dad had another daughter from a previous marriage. My ex told me about it early on and we chatted about her. I wondered if they knew each other but she only met once. She came over after she finished high school. She was two years older than my ex. That was the one and only time they ever met. Seemed sad to me but I had not yet lived in Japan. My mother in Law turned into a raging monster one Golden week when we were all getting drunk at home and my father and law made a very very small comment about her. My mother in Law ripped him for like 3 or 4 days and proceeded to get extra ____ faced in the evening, which meant the food was crappy. The daughter was a major taboo in that family and was hated by my motther in law who really did not even know her.

• Old Style
                Old Style commented
                Editing a comment
                Japan's a bit backwards when it comes to divorce and remarriage. There are issues about property division after death and child support that are way beyond my scope, but it's slowly changing.

Originally posted by HibiyaLineLife View Post
              ...Should I marry a Japanese woman?
              Be bold! Marry a Japanese man!!

Comment

• Old Style
                Old Style commented
                Editing a comment
                Be Mary! Bold a Japanese man!

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
              Might not be a bad idea...

Get to stay home all day, do nothing and considering they never nail their spouses...

Comment

Originally posted by HibiyaLineLife View Post
                I have found that I like many things Japanese and I most especially like the effort put into Marriage. I also happen to find Japanese Women seem to attract me the most. It's hard to shake off 22 years on cross cultural experience. My other cross cultural experience is with Arabs. I'm not attracted to them at all. They make great friends but not so great in thr relationship dept in my opinion. My kids are going to live in Japan for some extended period while they're young. Perhaps because my ex wife was from Inaka and made good in Univ in the US etc she had both the old style J-Life hammered into her and the modern-USA-Tokyo life carry her forward. Anyway Japan is my first choice for many reasons.
                It sounds like you've already decided.

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
                  How about marrying one of those computer generated hotties? Anything is okay in the Land of Anime.

Comment

Can't relate..If ever i get to be single again,i won't be marrying again..i'll just date till i drop dead :P

Comment

Originally posted by Shiratama Dango View Post
                      Can't relate..If ever i get to be single again,i won't be marrying again..i'll just date till i drop dead :P
                      Me too.

-Please enter a message with at least 10 characters-

Comment

Originally posted by kawaiigyaru View Post
                        What country are you from if you don't mind my asking?

I'm from the USA. Boston Area.

Comment

• Old Style
                          Old Style commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm sorry

-Error: Please enter a message with at least 10 characters-

"I am guessing that you would have a hard time finding a Japanese woman who would take in a 1-time loser with three kids, but of course I could be wrong. " from Above:

I'd say! I'd have a hard time finding someone like that. I'm glad I'm not looking for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X