Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Japanese Women: Percentage that have been prostitutes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Women: Percentage that have been prostitutes?

So, recently my Japanese guy friend showed me a site were you can order girls (call girls) as a joke. I know prostitution is basically legal in Japan so I wasn't that suprised about that. However, I was suprised at how normal some of the girls looked. Some of them were really attractive and classy and if I met them at a normal bar I would probably consider asking them out. Also, when I was in Osaka the number of prostitutes I saw on the streets was amazing and some of them looked like normal university students. So, my questions are...

1.) What percentage of Japanese women have tried being a prostitute?

2.) How do you find out if a friend has tried being a prostitute?

3.) Have you ever suspected that your girlfriend might have been a prostitute in the past? Would it bother you?

I am only asking because I still can't wrap my head around why a normal women would become a prostitute. In Canada, prostitution is usually caused by drug addiction or poverty. However, prostitutes in Japan are usually neither poor nor on drugs. Long term Japan residents please shed some light on this subject!!
    Last edited by saltillo17; 2008-04-07, 01:56 PM.

Originally posted by saltillo17
    So, recently my Japanese guy friend showed me a site were you can order girls (call girls) as a joke. I know prostitution is basically legal in Japan so I wasn't that suprised about that. However, I was suprised at how normal some of the girls looked. Some of them were really attractive and classy and if I met them at a normal bar I would probably consider asking them out. Also, when I was in Osaka the number of prostitutes I saw on the streets was amazing and some of them looked like normal university students. So, my questions are...

1.) What percentage of Japanese women have tried being a prostitute?

2.) How do you find out if a friend has tried being a prostitute?

3.) Have you ever suspected that your girlfriend might have been a prostitute in the past? Would it bother you?

I am only asking because I still can't wrap my head around why a normal women would become a prostitute. In Canada, prostitution is usually caused by drug addiction or poverty. However, prostitutes in Japan are usually neither poor nor on drugs. Long time Japan residents please shed some light on this subject!!
    Ah yes, imagery; a young girl around the age of seventeen, dressed in a navy blue school uniform and white socks, stands looking vacantly into the street....

a middle-aged man approaches the girl, a few minutes later and offers to take her out to an expensive dinner; in addition, he offers her a satisfying amount of pocket money. With a shy, quivering glance and a sweet smile the girl graciously takes the man’s arm. On the corner of areas like Shibuya, a central Tokyo entertainment district, popular with Tokyo’s younger generation the scenario described has become a common and casual rendezvous .... I thought this image was just heresay...then I went to Tokyo, and on the way back from Ueno, I saw the older guy with a H.S. girl - He felt her up from behind on the train...almost no reactions from the other passengers. My friends from U.K. and from America, just shrugged their shoulders - we were shocked, but "its their country" was our reaction.

Japan, a country with the second strongest economy and highest academic standing in the world, is facing a major problem with a wide-spreading and popular after-school activity of its young female students. An increasing number of Japanese schoolgirls are soliciting their bodies for entertainment and extra "pocket" money for designer items - these are "enjo kosai".

Actually, your thought about prostitution/drug addiction/poverty is a well known stereotype.

Recent studies have shown 78% reported prostitutes started prostitution as juveniles; and 68% were 16 or younger when they started prostitution.

A majority of the juvenile prostitutes described family structures with the outward appearances of stability. Over three-fourths reported having a religious upbringing. Forty percent were raised by both mother and father.

The younger the prostitute, the more educated the family. Yet, despite the religious, financial, and other appearances of success, the study revealed a number of problems occurring within the family.

These studies were in America, but the latter paragraph could possibly be true about Japan.

There was a film called "Bounce ko Gals" directed by Harada Masato http://imdb.com/title/tt0122393/

p.s. as for the other questions

its not like youre going to politely ask

hey have you or your friends ever been prostitutes!?

lets just say if you see a H.s. Girl with a Cartier watch, maybe she may have practiced a little "after school" entreprenuership called "Date Club"
    Last edited by ultraa4; 2008-04-07, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Where's Rofl Harris!!!!!!!!!!!

when I was in Osaka the number of prostitutes I saw on the streets was amazing and some of them looked like normal university students.
      It may get better than this, but right now, with a a lightly warmed doughnut in one hand, and a cup of strong black coffee in the other, I can't see how it could.

Salty, UR an Idjit, bit UR the right sort of Idjit.

They were university students.

That's how they dress.

ROFL

Thanks for the health chuckle

Comment

Dude, get a clue. You seem like a "know it all." When, 2 or 3 young university looking girls dressed in street fashion and slutty stockings are meeting a small group of fat 40 year old salarymen at 10pm on a Friday night...what do you think it means? Especially when the girls start bowing signalling that it is the first time they have met the guys. Don't assume everyone that posts on here is a newbie. ____in ____.
        Last edited by saltillo17; 2008-04-07, 07:12 AM.

Comment

It's all about stuff!

Alot of Japanese women engage in prostitution for the purpose of buying stuff.

When they become tired of the stuff they purchased or when their friends buy "better" stuff, they "offer up their services" to keep up with the Joneses.

It's a never-ending vicious cycle of materialism.

By stuff I mean name brand crap (Louis Vuitton bags, Chanel sunglasses, etc.), not life-sustaining essentials such as food, medicine, rent, etc.

How to tell if a J-gal is or has been a prostie? Keep your eye out for the ones that are really rough looking, yet carry expensive-looking recently-purchased Louis Vuitton bags.

Comment

Dude, get a clue. You seem like a "know it all." When, 2 or 3 young university looking girls dressed in street fashion and slutty stockings are meeting a small group of fat 40 year old salarymen at 10pm on a Friday night...what do you think it means? Don't assume everyone that posts on here is a newbie.
            They're meeting up for their regular English lessons at Starbucks.

Comment

Yeah right! hahaha... with Japanese salarymen and when I overhear them suggest going to Umeda for a drink.

Comment

Dude, get a clue. You seem like a "know it all." When, 2 or 3 young university looking girls dressed in street fashion and slutty stockings are meeting a small group of fat 40 year old salarymen at 10pm on a Friday night...what do you think it means? Especially when the girls start bowing signalling that it is the first time they have met the guys. Don't assume everyone that posts on here is a newbie. ____in ____.
                He is a ____, but he is also right in this case. As for what you saw, the chances of that being prostitiution are almost nil. They were hostesses bringing guys to their club - no prostitution about it.

And people bow whether its the first time they've met or the 100th in situations like that. It does not signify a first meeting at all.

Comment

I am only asking because I still can't wrap my head around why a normal women would become a prostitute. In Canada, prostitution is usually caused by drug addiction or poverty. However, prostitutes in Japan are usually neither poor nor on drugs. Long time Japan residents please shed some light on this subject!!

You are an idiot or a very very very naive person. Allow the Pimp to illustrate ALL FCUKIN WOMEN with the follow story:

I saw an office worker woman on the street and asked her if she sleep with me for 5 million dollars. She looked at me and thought for a split second, then said, "um, sure, why not!" Sh!t, she could retire for life!!
                  Then I asked her if she would sleep with me for $5. She looked disgusted and yelled, "What sort of woman do you think I am!!??"

I simply answered, "well, we already established what sort of woman you are. Now it's just a matter of price."

Every woman will sleep for money. Every single one, if the price is right. All women are prostitutes. Seriously, I am not trolling here. Be honest with yourself and look deep down inside. You know that is some dude offered you a cool million to have sex with you that you WOULD do it IF you could get away with it. Hell, you might even consult yer husband or b/f and he would be like, "fcuk sakes! DO IT!!"
                  Yes, the movie Indecent Proposal touches on this issue. But it's true.

Comment

I do conceed that they were probably just hostesses. However, I have heard of call girls acting on similar premises. They usually just meet at a hotel. There are also phone clubs and all this other ____. The point being that a lot of the girls look like your avererage j-girl or sometimes a j-housewife. In the previous situation I described, I knew it was the first time they had met because I can speak Japanese fairly well and by there tone of voice and use of keigo it was obvious they had just met (at least one of them).

As for CaliPimp...man you are probably the biggest loser I have ever seen. It is sad that a lot of guys have to try to compensate for their small dicks by making up fictitious stories about how they are such a pimp. Most players don't kiss and tell anyways...so you are obviously jut some 35 year old loser that is afraid to go back to the States because you know that you would end up working at Wendy's and bragging about your "Japan days." Lol!
                    Last edited by saltillo17; 2008-04-07, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Well, after that post, it is crystal clear you sure as hell are.

They're hostesses, dimwit.

Don't get touchy, though. I was laughing at you as an equal, not as the dumfukk you seem to inexplicably insist on appearing to be.

I do agree about casual call girl recruitment. Mind you, I don't know where you are from, but Over Here, that little industry has blossomed quite a bit, too. The Yellow Pages section is about 10 times thicker than it was 10-15 years ago.

And they can't all be hardened pros, like you say.
                      Last edited by kurogane; 2008-04-07, 09:41 AM.

Comment

In that situation. I am talking about in general. Obviously you are a little slow to grasp the point that I am trying to make. Of course I know the difference between a hostess and a hooker. Next time trying reading a little more before you make stupid comments that just support the fact that you are some middle aged loser. God...between you and CaliPimp I can't decide which is more pathetic.

Anyways, here is the site that my friend showed me...I was just suprised how normal some of the girls looked. It sort of freaks me out. My other j-female friend also told me a story about a housewife that was actually a hooker and hide the fact from her j-husband. Freaky ____. It just makes me wonder if j-guys can't even tell there girlfriend is a pro how can a g-guy? Has anyone ever suspected that there hot girlfriend might have had a shady past?

http://www.fuzoku-townpage.com/002.html

By the way, I am not being touchy. I am just tired of random guys that just assume that because they have banged some j-girls they are now elevated to some god-like figure or expert on women. I get enough retards like that in Canada so being reminded of all the ____ing geeky and retarded g-guys I have to put up with Japan is sort of depressing. I swear half of the gaijin I run into in Japan are complete nobs.
                        Last edited by saltillo17; 2008-04-07, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Of course I know the difference between a hostess and a hooker.
                          This whole thread is a testimony to the fact that you obviously don't.

You see, sonny, when you cite one example, A (hostesses on the street) as evidence of another example, B (surreptitious prostitution), those of us who were properly schooled see it for what it is, and you for what you are.

As for the other bit, like I said:

newbie question.

There was a thread on that very topic started last month. Do a search, maybe.

Otey, Bai Bee.

Comment

By the way, I am not being touchy. I am just tired of random guys that just assume...blah blah blah...so being reminded of all the ____ing geeky and retarded g-guys I have to put up with Japan is sort of depressing. I swear half of the gaijin I run into in Japan are complete nobs.
                            I feel the same way about some people here.

Comment

Kurogane your posts remind me of all the situations that I was in Japan where I had to sit at the same table with some middle aged gaijin ____ that thinks he know everything about Japan because he can watch Sailor Moon without subtitles. They always give that "been there, done that" vibe when in actual fact they just look like losers that can only prey on the very sluttiest of Japanese girls.

I was hoping for some objective and informative responses but it seems like SOME of the posters can only try to relay on how they are such pimps etc. Like that movie Revenge of the Nerds...All I can say is "NERDS! NERDS!! NERDS!!!" Lol!
                              Last edited by saltillo17; 2008-04-07, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X