Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Any successful interracial marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• しむぱるじん
    started a topic Any successful interracial marriage?

Any successful interracial marriage?

Hi,
    I have been going thru this forum for sometime and feel so sad after hearing about so many divorces, kid issues etc. as i know that bad aspect of anything gets more attention than the good aspect. would like to know if there is someone who is happy or bit satisfied with their Japanese wife/husband.. need to hear something positive.... the negativity is scaring the sh1t out of me about my future with my girl... please share ur success story or just a nod will do

Cheers

• ozzijp
    replied
    Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
    Have you got children yet? Marriage tends to become more difficult then.
    If you have kids, marriage becomes an unfortunate byproduct. No kids? What is the point? Seems seriously superfluous.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Ludd
    replied
    Originally posted by Hijinx View Post
    Since sometime? You must be a hit with the wife on your anniversary.
    At my age just getting the decade right is hard enough.

Leave a comment:

• Hijinx
    replied
    Originally posted by thefg
    you say tomato i say WMD - whats in a name
    I never said tomato.

Leave a comment:

• Hijinx
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Ludd View Post
    Married since sometime in the Showa Era and still going.

Since sometime? You must be a hit with the wife on your anniversary.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Ludd
    replied
    Isn't that pedophilia? I'm happily married to a J-woman.
    Look at the girls, but married a woman. Married since sometime in the Showa Era and still going.

Leave a comment:

• ruserious
    replied
    Happily married for sixteen years.

Leave a comment:

• Since1990
    replied
    Originally posted by cucashopboy View Post
    ..or becomes even better.

Leave a comment:

• Brown Cow
    replied
    Schoolboy?

Leave a comment:

• Hijinx
    replied
    Originally posted by thefg
    Very happily married to a japanese girl.

Leave a comment:

• cucashopboy
    replied
    Originally posted by JapanMan24 View Post
    I'm glad this thread got resurrected. Cause the OP was right, these forums are full of the failures and very few people talk about their successes.

I've been married to a Japanese woman for 4 years now (dating for 6 years prior to marriage in Tokyo). Moved to the U.S. 2 years ago. Everything is going great.

My Guide to any Gaijin considering to marry a Japanese woman:

1. Make sure the siblings like you: The brother isn't as important as he is probably too busy working himself to death to care. But, if she has a sister, then make her sister your best friend. If the sister hates you, she will ruin your image with the in-laws. On the flip side, if the sister loves you (like in my case) she will tell the in-laws wonderful things thus improving your relationship with them.

2. If the parents don't like you or don't approve of you. DO NOT GET MARRIED. The parent's opinion is everything to a Japanese woman. So don't even waste your time. Just refer to this forum if you need examples. If you get married against the in-law's approval, she will eventually listen to their sh$t talking and steal your children and run back to her hometown.

3. Learn Japanese. You don't have to be fluent but understanding basic conversation and cultural rules is a must because it shows your wife that you respect her and her culture.

4. Have a serious discussion before you get married. Tell her that in your culture women are expected to continue to work after they get married. Ask her if she is 100% ok with this fact. Do NOT marry a Japanese woman who is expecting to retire from work right after you get married.
    Also might want to discuss:
    -Where you will live together, long term. Ask her if she is open to the idea of moving back to your home country.
    -Where and how you plan to raise your kids. Ask he if she is ok with having the baby sleep in a crib and not in the bed with the parents. Tell her that in your culture Parents still have sex and are romantic even after they have kids. This seems like common sense but ask her how her parents act towards each other and you will see the huge difference.

If you have any other questions send me a message or post here. I'll give you any advice that I have from my personal experiences.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Hijinx
    replied
    And if the sister is hot, that's a plus.

Leave a comment:

• JapanMan24
    replied
    I'm glad this thread got resurrected. Cause the OP was right, these forums are full of the failures and very few people talk about their successes.

I've been married to a Japanese woman for 4 years now (dating for 6 years prior to marriage in Tokyo). Moved to the U.S. 2 years ago. Everything is going great.

My Guide to any Gaijin considering to marry a Japanese woman:

1. Make sure the siblings like you: The brother isn't as important as he is probably too busy working himself to death to care. But, if she has a sister, then make her sister your best friend. If the sister hates you, she will ruin your image with the in-laws. On the flip side, if the sister loves you (like in my case) she will tell the in-laws wonderful things thus improving your relationship with them.

2. If the parents don't like you or don't approve of you. DO NOT GET MARRIED. The parent's opinion is everything to a Japanese woman. So don't even waste your time. Just refer to this forum if you need examples. If you get married against the in-law's approval, she will eventually listen to their sh$t talking and steal your children and run back to her hometown.

3. Learn Japanese. You don't have to be fluent but understanding basic conversation and cultural rules is a must because it shows your wife that you respect her and her culture.

4. Have a serious discussion before you get married. Tell her that in your culture women are expected to continue to work after they get married. Ask her if she is 100% ok with this fact. Do NOT marry a Japanese woman who is expecting to retire from work right after you get married.
    Also might want to discuss:
    -Where you will live together, long term. Ask her if she is open to the idea of moving back to your home country.
    -Where and how you plan to raise your kids. Ask he if she is ok with having the baby sleep in a crib and not in the bed with the parents. Tell her that in your culture Parents still have sex and are romantic even after they have kids. This seems like common sense but ask her how her parents act towards each other and you will see the huge difference.

If you have any other questions send me a message or post here. I'll give you any advice that I have from my personal experiences.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I did the Japanese thing and married my job, personally.

Leave a comment:

• chiba
    replied
    I think it all comes down to money. If you can't look after her then it's not going to last long.
    Last edited by chiba; 2013-01-17, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X