Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Where do Gaijin women find Gaijin men who are actually interested in dating them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do Gaijin women find Gaijin men who are actually interested in dating them?

I am fairly new to Tokyo (mid 20s, American)... but I have hardly even seen very many other foreign men about my age, leave alone ones who are single or are not clearly just in Roppongi looking for j-girls............ where do all of the single foreign guys hang out!? lol (American, European, Australian, etc...) Nothing against J-guys, but I don't naturally find them attractive and with the language barrier it is difficult to establish an attraction based on personality/connection with them...
    Last edited by Krista123; 2011-05-23, 03:05 PM.

Originally posted by Krista123 View Post
    I am fairly new to Tokyo (mid 20s, American)... but I have hardly even seen very many other foreign men about my age, leave alone ones who are single or are not clearly just in Roppongi looking for j-girls............ where do all of the single foreign guys hang out!? lol (American, European, Australian, etc...) Nothing against J-guys, but I don't naturally find them attractive and with the language barrier it is difficult to establish an attraction based on personality/connection with them...
    I am over here darling!!

<waves hand>

Comment

I am opposite. I dont know where to find place for meeting foriegn boys but not going to some seedy bar in roppongi.

does anyone do international partys?

Comment

thanks el racnor, good idea... i work in the financial industry so all of my foregin coworkers are older, married, with families, and have friends who are as well.. so making friends i can go out with regularly is even challenging, but i will lurk around the starbucks/coffee shops near the english schools lol.

jakebullet - dont be sketchy haha

akemipon - sadly roppongi seems to be where a lot of foreigners hang out in general, but especially those foreigners who are interested in japanese girls. it sounds like you are more interested in dating rather than hooking up, so as long as you act and dress like that is the case then it should be (hopefully) easy for the foreign guys to distinguish you from a gaijin-chaser... good luck!
        Last edited by Krista123; 2011-05-20, 02:35 PM.

Comment

thanks el racnor, good idea... i work in the financial industry so all of my foregin coworkers are older, married, with families, and have friends who are as well.. so making friends i can go out with regularly is even challenging, but i will lurk around the starbucks/coffee shops near the english schools lol.

jakebullet - dont be sketchy haha

akemipon - sadly roppongi seems to be where a lot of foreigners hang out in general, but especially those foreigners who are interested in japanese girls. it sounds like you are more interested in dating rather than hooking up, so as long as you act and dress like that is the case then it should be (hopefully) easy for the foreign guys to distinguish you from a gaijin-chaser... good luck!
          What does sketchy mean?

Anyway its the German beer festival in Hibiya park today anyone up for meeting? Ladies? Oh by the way Krista are you fit?

TFI !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think you will find that the huge majority of men in japan are looking for a Japanese partner. It's a difficult adjustment for foreign women that aren't used to not being chased.

Comment

FFS am I invisible? Here I am jumping up and down waving ma hand in the air!?

I will chase anything, I will!

Comment

Go to concerts, bars and cafes and strike a conversation in English.

It's like a reverse free English lesson, that only works with non-weirdo long-timers.

Personally, I am willing to pay beers for an interesting good ol' English chat. Maybe I'm old.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakebullet View Post
                  FFS am I invisible? Here I am jumping up and down waving ma hand in the air!?

I will chase anything, I will!
                  You chase everything? do you have a picture

Comment

Originally posted by Akemipon View Post
                    You chase everything? do you have a picture
                    I do for you! PMed

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
                      Go to concerts, bars and cafes and strike a conversation in English.

It's like a reverse free English lesson, that only works with non-weirdo long-timers.

Personally, I am willing to pay beers for an interesting good ol' English chat. Maybe I'm old.
                      I actually agree with this. Though interesting conversation doesn't necessarily equate to sexual interest.

Comment

I am fairly new to Tokyo (mid 20s, American)... but I have hardly even seen very many other foreign men about my age, leave alone ones who are single or are not clearly just in Roppongi lookling for j-girls............ where do all of the single foreign guys hang out!? lol (American, European, Australian, etc...) Nothing against J-guys, but I don't naturally find them attractive and with the language barrier it is difficult to establish an attraction based on personality/connection with them...
                        well... what do you want with these foreign men?

Are you after a friend? If so try a gay bar.
                        Are you after a shag? You can find that anywhere.
                        Are you after a boyfriend? You should probably just go back to America.

Generally these guys are in Japan because they want to meet and sleep with some Japanese girls.

You could always go out with akemipon and watch her get chatted up while you get drunk?

Comment

You're in for a lot of heartache, sister...get a dildo...

Comment

So wait, you go half way around the world to meet someone who you could meet from where you came from?

Mind F*cked.

Comment

so i still don't get what's wrong with a foreigner on foreigner relationship (etc.) in japan. can somebody break it down for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X