Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Advise needed-about Divorce and Child Support for my 2 year old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed-about Divorce and Child Support for my 2 year old

I got a bit of situation here.Me and my husband both are foreigners here ,My visa is a dependent visa and it will expire in April 2014.I just got it renewed after 3 years during the Japan 's tsunami and went to my home country for a while.Later my husband left me and my 2 years old daughter and went back to Japan in June 2011,He did not give a penny since,
    He is from sri lanka and I am a Malaysian.My daughter is born in Japan and carrying his nationality.She got a PR status in Malaysia and her visa in Japan will expires in August 2011.
    Later when I called and asking for my expenses money and child support,he refused to give us,and also told me he wants a divorce.Frankly speaking he planned for this when he was in Sri Lanka visiting his family.They do not like me as I did not bring any dowry and also a foreigner.Worst because Im fair skinned and they do not like the fact, that people like me,and it become jealousy of my sister inlaw and my mother-in-law when my husband spends his money on me or buys me anything .They stole all my jewelry which was a wedding gift from my family and relations when they visited me in Japan and tell tales abt me to him, and he fights with me and abuses me.They are totally narrow minded scum bags and also practice black magic.

He also abuses me when in Japan,even when i was pregnant.I once made a police report,but later I withdraw the report, coz i still love him.Several time police visited my house when he was abusing me because neighbors complained,but I told the police nothing.Now he just left us without any reason and said want divorce,but so far he did not do anything and did not send any money to me.
    Im living with my elderly parents and I cannot burden them.I been a homemaker nearly five years and I did not work or have any working experience after marriage.Im 33 years old now,penniless and with a beautiful daughter whose future is uncertain.
    I needed support until I can get back on my feet and being 33 n no work experience ,IM not a favorite for employers at the job market where there are many fresh graduates and little jobs in Malaysia.
    Please guide me what are my legal rights and what I can do to make my husband pays my alimony and child support.Can I get a work permit@arbaito if I want to work part time in Japan,I need to feed my daughter and dress her well,DO i need my husband's signature if i want to obtain a work permit for part time job?Can he cancel my visa if he wants too?All my things and my daughter's things are in Japan,he is keeping even my laptop and my jewelry given by my parents for my daughter when she was born and for her first birthday.Such a cruel man.
    I do not have the anything that I can sell and get money coz he is keeping everthing.My clothes,my daughter's clothes,toys,my fancy handbags etc.All if left in Japan.I just took some clothes for me n baby coz we left Japan in a rush during the earthquake.
    Can I engage a gratis lawyer to get my alimony and child support?Will the immigration will help?Can i get the kodomo teatei(child allowance) banked in to my account,He is even keeping it and did not send it to us.The money is for the child not for parents.He is earning very well every month and gives me nothing and the baby too.
    I do not have a degree.I have a higher Diploma and I can speak English quite well.I wanted to continue my studies but right now I do not even have funds to buy milk and diapers for my child or send her to a daycare while I can find work.My elderly parents buying it,not me.My husband treats me like slave cum servant and never gives a penny to me for me to buy anything or for savings.I been patient all this while but now this what I get.I feel shame for loving him n letting him to treat me like a doormat and kill my self esteem.

Anykind of help and guidance are appreciated.Im kindda lost now,and I do not know where to go to how to ask for help.Thank you for your advice in advance.Any financial help is also welcomed,I can give my paypal if you private message me but I really need advise on how to make my husband to be responsible and pays us our money.And can I proceed for a divorce in Japan court?
    Thank you so much.
    Last edited by sakuratears; 2011-07-25, 07:48 PM.

TL; DR, troll. Can't even keep his intentional grammar errors consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoJoJr. View Post
      TL; DR, troll. Can't even keep his intentional grammar errors consistent.
      im sorry if my grammar is bad,but I hardly speak ,read or write English in Japan,nobody speaks with me,i guess I lost it,being Engish is a second language in Malaysia,but right now i need guidance to deal with my problems,please advise,thanks

Comment

Yeah sure I'll put cash into your paypal...
        Put up your paypal details here... That way everyone can make donations...

Comment

Originally posted by sakuratears View Post
          I needed support until I can get back on my feet and being 33 n no work experience ,IM not a favorite for employers at the job market where there are many fresh graduates and little jobs in Malaysia.
          Please guide me what are my legal rights and what I can do to make my husband pays my alimony and child support.Can I get a work permit@arbaito if I want to work part time in Japan,I need to feed my daughter and dress her well,DO i need my husband's signature if i want to obtain a work permit for part time job?
          you need permission to work on a dependent visa.

If you are not divorced you can not claim alimony or child support, its only for divorce couples. As you are both foreigners it may be difficult but the only way is to take husband to court and apply for mediation (chotei) and make him pay child support.

Can he cancel my visa if he wants too?All my things and my daughter's things are in Japan,he is keeping even my laptop and my jewelry given by my parents for my daughter when she was born and for her first birthday.Such a cruel man.
          are you still living together? where are you? Back in Malaysia?

Can I engage a gratis lawyer to get my alimony and child support?
          Lawyers here do not work for free.

Will the immigration will help?Can i get the kodomo teatei(child allowance) banked in to my account,He is even keeping it and did not send it to us.The money is for the child not for parents.He is earning very well every month and gives me nothing and the baby too.

Im confused, you have the baby and your husband provides no money? and you left Japan during the earthquake? why did you leave? Does husband have a job?

Any financial help is also welcomed,I can give my paypal if you private message me but I really need advise on how to make my husband to be responsible and pays us our money.And can I proceed for a divorce in Japan court?
          Thank you so much.
          Yes you can but its not free.

Comment

Do you want to move back to Japan, or stay in Malaysia? It'll be much harder to pursue this if you and he are in different countries.

I highly doubt you'd find gratis representation. The case requires a lawyer who specializes in these kinds of international matters, and the lawyer will need to employ translators. Lots of expenses. And even if you do this, your husband could just go back to Sri Lanka or to another country. How much effort are these countries likely to put into enforcing this for you?

I understand that finding work might be difficult, but that's where your focus should be.

Comment

same troll made a fake thread on japan guide using the nick "schoolboytears" ohh the similarity ohhh the humanity

troll DIE

Comment

Wow! God I messed trolls on GP.

Hello there marydoll!!!!!

Comment

If this is a troll...

They must lead a pretty sad and pathetic existence if this is how they get their kicks...

Comment

Originally posted by Potnoodle View Post
                    If this is a troll...

They must lead a pretty sad and pathetic existence if this is how they get their kicks...
                    I didnt read past the first sentence. It doesn't start well. I have a bit of situation here. Or something along those lines.

If it's not a troll they should post in the law section.

Definate troll. Bless them they try.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
                      you need permission to work on a dependent visa.

If you are not divorced you can not claim alimony or child support, its only for divorce couples. As you are both foreigners it may be difficult but the only way is to take husband to court and apply for mediation (chotei) and make him pay child support.

are you still living together? where are you? Back in Malaysia?

Lawyers here do not work for free.

Im confused, you have the baby and your husband provides no money? and you left Japan during the earthquake? why did you leave? Does husband have a job?

Yes you can but its not free.
                      Im in Malaysia right now,but my visa will expire in april 2014.yes my husband has a job,he is running a business under intra company transferee visa.Earning well and paying taxex.The thing is all my belongings are still in Japan.Im also afraid to go there and take them afraid he will abuse me.Can the police help me.We left in end of march after the earthquake to Sri Lanka,and then he left us in Malaysia n went back in end of June,and never send a penny since then.We left japan due the radiation fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakebullet View Post
                        I didnt read past the first sentence. It doesn't start well. I have a bit of situation here. Or something along those lines.

If it's not a troll they should post in the law section.

Definate troll. Bless them they try.
                        Im a genuine person,and this is not a troll,if this this d be in law section please move it there,because I found forum while trying to find information about divorce in Japan,I thouth it should be posted in thz section coz i saw similiar threads asking for advise.Please do not be sarcastic.God is watching and if this is not a stroll definately you will be punished for your words of lie.YOu will see the signs soon

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin ga iru View Post
                          Do you want to move back to Japan, or stay in Malaysia? It'll be much harder to pursue this if you and he are in different countries.

I highly doubt you'd find gratis representation. The case requires a lawyer who specializes in these kinds of international matters, and the lawyer will need to employ translators. Lots of expenses. And even if you do this, your husband could just go back to Sri Lanka or to another country. How much effort are these countries likely to put into enforcing this for you?

I understand that finding work might be difficult, but that's where your focus should be.
                          I want to move back to Japan,My husband is working here,not n Sri lanka.The immigration does not provide any legal aid?

Comment

Originally posted by sakuratears View Post
                            I want to move back to Japan,My husband is working here,not n Sri lanka.The immigration does not provide any legal aid?
                            I understand that your husband is currently in Japan.

Providing legal aid isn't Immigration's function. Immigration's role is to make sure you're legally qualified to be in Japan.

The police aren't likely to be your bodyguard while you pack your stuff. They'd tell you to call them if any trouble starts. You'd be better off contacting a domestic violence support group and seeing if they'd have a few people be with you while you get your stuff. Are we talking about a couple of suitcases, or many boxes and a moving truck?

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin ga iru View Post
                              I understand that your husband is currently in Japan.

Providing legal aid isn't Immigration's function. Immigration's role is to make sure you're legally qualified to be in Japan.

The police aren't likely to be your bodyguard while you pack your stuff. They'd tell you to call them if any trouble starts. You'd be better off contacting a domestic violence support group and seeing if they'd have a few people be with you while you get your stuff. Are we talking about a couple of suitcases, or many boxes and a moving truck?
                              I guess it will be a moving truck,mostly the baby's things and my valuables,if we are divorced,and if my husband remians long time in Japan,the city hall will continue the child allowance even if the baby is abroad.But he is not sending it to us,HOw i can get it sent to my account?

Comment

Working...
                              X