Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

why are japanese so proud all the time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are japanese so proud all the time

I have literally found sometimes that Japanese are too proud of Japan and the culture.I agree that Japanese culture and their spirit for nation is worth appreciating but that certainly doesnt mean that gaijins are stupid. Its sometime so clear from their speech that foriegners and their countries are weird. I dont get it why its so diffcult for them to accept that fact that every country is different in their way and have their own issues.
    would appreciate you views.

I experienced more of that attitude when I visited the US than I have in Japan..

much more

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
      I experienced more of that attitude when I visited the US than I have in Japan..

much more
      TOTALLY agree with this sentiment.

TOTALLY...

Comment

Originally posted by radioactive.manish View Post
        I have literally found sometimes that Japanese are too proud of Japan and the culture.I agree that Japanese culture and their spirit for nation is worth appreciating but that certainly doesnt mean that gaijins are stupid. Its sometime so clear from their speech that foriegners and their countries are weird. I dont get it why its so diffcult for them to accept that fact that every country is different in their way and have their own issues.
        would appreciate you views.
        Well, they have been the victims of not 1, but 2, uncalled for atomic detonations above their cities...just ask them.

Comment

much more
          what do you mean?do you mean that you experienced that attitude by your fellow country men or japanese living in your country.

Comment

I meant I have experienced more of what you described coming from Americans than from Japanese people.

Comment

Everyone always bangs on about how awesome their country is and how others aren't as good. Thats the way of the world.

Japan has a lot of things I like (There tend to be fewer aholes in public, much less of a drug problem etc)
              There are a lot of things I'd to bring here (clean beaches, girls having more chances to be something other than a wife or crap job etc)

But yes, the one thing we all have in common. Lots of people in all of our countries think it's nubafukinone!!!!! and they love to let everyone know...

Comment

I meant I have experienced more of what you described coming from Americans than from Japanese people.
                Japanese believe they are kind of superior race,thats very firm as anything in their mind the difference is they just dont say on face.thats what i think..
                and regarding quality of social life here its big zero!! if you work so hard its obvious for you get some hardcore achievement nothing special to be proud about.Moreover since almost above a decade economy is getting sluggish and sluggish and i think time is going to get worse and worse here.people here live too much in present and but sometimes a view ahead few years is necessary for them.

however i accept,learn and appreciate their spirit for society and country.

Comment

Japanese believe they are kind of superior race,...
                  Why do you 'think' they aren't?

Comment

Japanese believe they are kind of superior race,thats very firm as anything in their mind the difference is they just dont say on face.thats what i think..
                    and regarding quality of social life here its big zero!! if you work so hard its obvious for you get some hardcore achievement nothing special to be proud about.Moreover since almost above a decade economy is getting sluggish and sluggish and i think time is going to get worse and worse here.people here live too much in present and but sometimes a view ahead few years is necessary for them.

however i accept,learn and appreciate their spirit for society and country.
                    Are you Chinese by any chance? Now THERE'S a bunch of people who think they're pretty special.

Who invented paper?!
                    Who invented fireworks?!
                    Who invented civilization?!

Comment

@Not really. Sure, some ojisan thing Japan is the bees knees but that way of thinking has decreased a lot over the past 15 years since I've been here. Like twelvedown said, people in other countries are the same. In NZ people are foolish enough to call NZ God's Own Country.

Comment

Americans are far worse at bigging themselves up in my opinion.

Comment

much more
                          That depends on where in the US and what segment of the population.

I agree that you can find that kind of pride in any country.

Comment

Originally posted by cornedbeefkarma View Post
                            Americans are far worse at bigging themselves up in my opinion.
                            .... are you speaking of the many women who undergo breast augmentation?

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
                              Who invented civilization?!
                              Sid Meier.

Comment

Working...
                              X