Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Are most people in Japan because the women in their own country suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are most people in Japan because the women in their own country suck?

Seems like quite an obvious thing but are most guys in Japan cos the women in their own country suck? Just went out and it does seem women are different. Seems like ugly women in the West still consider themselves important. Still have attitude. Is it true that Western omen have a bad attitude and have been given too much by Western men in so far as financial independence. Is this true? And do women just end up the same after marriage anyway?

Originally posted by forest View Post
    Western omen
    Western women --> Western omen...

lol

To answer your question, tho, I'm not here because the women back home suck, but I consider it a plus to be away from them.

Comment

Sounds like you want to pull a woman around by the hair, caveman style.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
        Sounds like you want to pull a woman around by the hair, caveman style.
        Who doesn't??

Comment

Seems like quite an obvious thing but are most guys in Japan cos the women in their own country suck? Just went out and it does seem women are different. Seems like ugly women in the West still consider themselves important. Still have attitude. Is it true that Western omen have a bad attitude and have been given too much by Western men in so far as financial independence. Is this true? And do women just end up the same after marriage anyway?
          wow....you sound like a keeper, bro.

Comment

I am mostly in Japan because the US economy sucks balls.
            Japanese women (or avoidance of western women) are secondary.

Comment

Dunno which country you are from, but I actually hope that Japanese women will soon wake up and do it like women back in Europe instead of taking crap all day from macho cavemen who need to assert their authority over women to remind themselves that they still got authority over something.

Comment

I went to Japan primarily for martial arts. My physical attraction to Asian women was definitely a bonus, but overall I prefer Western women (a Western woman of Asian descent would be my ideal).

In terms of the sense of entitlement that chivalry has fostered, I agree that Western men have given Western women too much. In terms of recognition of women's right to self-determination, they should have always had that.
                Last edited by gaijin ga iru; 2011-09-06, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Seems like quite an obvious thing but are most guys in Japan cos the women in their own country suck?
                  No. Most guys come here initially for training or work. These who find J-wifes stay obviously longer than those with Gaijin wives, tilting the ratio, especially now after the quake.

Women are similar everywhere but the language barrier at least partly shields oneself from many useless discussions.

Comment

Swedish women do suck. Litteraly, lol. These fishies are only beaten by the Russian ones looking for a green card.

Comment

Entirely depends on who you ask!

But to answer your question, no, western women do not suck.

Comment

Generalizations can only limit you, never help you.
                        Sure, there are cultural differences to account for, but once you get to know a person beyond their nationality or ethnicity, you find the core similarities that exist in all peoples.

Seems like ugly women in the West still consider themselves important. Still have attitude.
                        Since everyone's definition of beauty differs, I'm not sure how you rate "ugly." To me, attractiveness has more to do with what's inside than the outside, as in either extreme, a persons' true nature tend to shine through.

Though if I am honest, I have a little trouble getting through that if they are grossly overweight. I try though, and sometimes a person can be so charismatic that you forget all of that.
                        Not all Western women are fat, by the way. True, many are, but not all. I think it's all about what circle you look for friends, or potential partners. If you mean "attitude" in terms of selfishness, then I think that's an issue that exists in most industrialized nations, Japan being no exception.

If you mean "attitude" in terms of a woman not "taking your bull____" then I can honestly say that for me, I'd rather have a woman who can engage me on the same intellectual level, and call me on my B.S. when I need it, ('cause as you may know, Yokohama Tommy can sling it pretty thick sometimes) rather than a woman who is just a placating, servile Tako-head.
                        If that's what you are seeking, then I think you can find such a woman (either extreme) just about anywhere.

That's not to say I don't mind my wife spoiling me rotten from time to time. But too much of a good thing can also make we dudes a bit selfish and have an attitude as well. If we live too much in the land of milk and honey, we tend to lose our drive to do better, and pretty much any good woman who can see the value in her husband can realize this, and even affect it.

and have been given too much by Western men in so far as financial independence. Is this true? And do women just end up the same after marriage anyway?
                        Sorry, but I think you are way off base here. While I feel men and women are different, I think any society which considers itself on the path to being fair and equitable should remove that archaic mindset and treat each sex with equality in terms of business opportunity and pay. Sure there are exceptions such as maternity leave and so forth, but that's a biological issue to which is if you are fair, it's sort of an important thing in the continuation of the species.

As it stands now, as much as the media may hype women being in charge of business and finance, it's still a long way from being equitable.

Long story short;
                        If you are going/living/working in Japan because you feel the women/men are somehow any "better" than the ones in your home country, you will be sorely disappointed after a time.
                        Last edited by YokohamaTommy; 2011-09-06, 04:39 AM.

Comment

OP> no! and those that do are usually losers :P

Comment

As far as negative generalizations about western women... I would say that I am more attracted to Asian women than western women indirectly. I have a strong aversion to fat women. This is probably partly because I am on the lean side, too.
                            Western women (the US especially) are generally much heavier than Asian women (although there are a few fatties here, too), so Japan does fit my "needs" more easily.
                            By the same token, I have met gaijin guys that are not interested in Japanese women for the same reason. They prefer women that are not so thin/short, so one man's trash is another's treasure.

Comment

I didn't find the Japanese ladies at all attractive when I first got here (1995).
                              It likely had something to do with my (then) gf having huge tits.
                              Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X