Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

GPS Car Navigation- STRIKE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Car Navigation- STRIKE!

I just wanted to say that we bought the Strike! GPS Navigation system a few days ago.
    Supercheap!! 29,000 yen

Can set it to English Easy as pie. You can select addresses in English. Everything is in English.Seems to work great so far.
    Driving here, on the left side of the road, is scary enuff for Americans. Not being lost is priceless.

The shop people didn't even know that it could be set to English but my wife remembered the brand as being one of the very few that are in English.

9 of 10!!!!

I wish mine would go full English -- it's got English voice guidance and some menus, but everything else (including all search options) is in Japanese. well, makes for a good learning tool.

I'd replace it, but its in dash and integrated to everything else, blah blah.

As an aside, I don't find driving on the 'opposite' side difficult as an American. I guess I've been away too long, but when I go back to the states for a visit I always have adjustment problems to driving on the right side of the road.

Comment

where did you buy it?
      any screen shots etc..?
      I'll be moving to Japan I will need this

Comment

I forgot--some big auto parts chain

But I doubt it is too hard to find. the main thing is to know what it is called and that it DOES English well even if the store people don't realize it.

Comment

thats great but where
          Doko no omisete katta no deska?

Comment

Auto Tech

Place called Auto Tech. they have a bunch of stores.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerdog
              Place called Auto Tech. they have a bunch of stores.
              Never heard of them and I love cars.

Comment

location, like did you buy it in Tokyo etcc....
                where is that store located? little bit more specific if you can

Comment

AutoTec (and it's competitor, AutoBacs) have many, many locations in the Tokyo area and just about everywhere else. Big (usually) yellow store, "AutoTec" in red fancy-font roman letters, tires in the window, usually beside a major road. You'll find one. Don't confuse it with Yamada Denki, that's an electronics shop.

Comment

Thank you
                    this is great.
                    will find it.

Comment

I have the Jroad, i got it from yodabashi camera, and it works fantastic. it got a little mixed up on the way out of diakoku futo, but that is the only time its gone haywire.

Comment

Do you have a model number for that Strike! Navi? I didnt get much on searching, I am very interested.

Comment

same here i would be needing it to. does it have any a/v or RCA outputs on it?

Comment

the jroad has an audio output (headphone jack)

Comment

I am an idiot!!

It is called SHAKE! not strike.

That is ALL I know!!!
                              Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X