Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Best/Cheapest flight to Japan from London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Cheapest flight to Japan from London

Any recommendations? Looking to go in February

Hey, I'm going to Narita in a couple of weeks and the best offer I found was with STA Travel. If you're either a student OR under 26 then you can get an international student/youth card which enabled me to get a flight from Heathrow for 380, if it had been a day earlier then i would have got it for 330.

All other flights I found were between 450 and 700 so it's a pretty good offer.

Good luck finding one

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Gonzo
      Hey, I'm going to Narita in a couple of weeks and the best offer I found was with STA Travel. If you're either a student OR under 26 then you can get an international student/youth card which enabled me to get a flight from Heathrow for 380, if it had been a day earlier then i would have got it for 330.

All other flights I found were between 450 and 700 so it's a pretty good offer.

Good luck finding one
      Is this a two way ticket? Or are these things just mad expensive when ordering from Norway? The cheapest two way ticket I could find from Oslo to Tokyo with a stop over in London was around 600. That's including the tickets between Oslo and London, but that shouldn't amount to more than 100 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Krobin
        Is this a two way ticket? Or are these things just mad expensive when ordering from Norway? The cheapest two way ticket I could find from Oslo to Tokyo with a stop over in London was around 600. That's including the tickets between Oslo and London, but that shouldn't amount to more than 100 or so.
        No,that's just one-way. 600 return with a stop-over sounds like a reasonable price.

I'm assuming there are no direct flights available as they're usually cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Gonzo
          No,that's just one-way. 600 return with a stop-over sounds like a reasonable price.

I'm assuming there are no direct flights available as they're usually cheaper
          There are no direct flights, so I agree, 600 isn't too bad. Just thought that I missed out on a bargain for moment there, when you mentioned tickets for half the price.

Comment

Try Malaysia Airlines. A very Good price from Australia

Also, search out internet fares, then go to a recognised travel agent, and ask them to price match and/or better the fare- worked a treat here- 2 people, return, from Australia, around $3K

Comment

in early july BA had a sale. I got rt to heathrow for a good price.

Comment

If you don't need to fly direct, there are literally a ton of different routes you could take.

It seems to be less expensive to use Asian airlines rather than the European ones.

Comment

Originally posted by J_T
                  If you don't need to fly direct, there are literally a ton of different routes you could take.

It seems to be less expensive to use Asian airlines rather than the European ones.
                  True that!

Comment

Originally posted by J_T
                    KIX to Paris CDG is 600 GBP's in mid week Jan ( Return )

Comment

Try this one:-
                      http://www.japantravel.co.uk/site/flight.html

They also used to do 'yobiyose' flights

Comment

Originally posted by OtoriOsaka
                        KIX to Paris CDG is 600 GBP's in mid week Jan ( Return )
                        That was on expedia

Comment

Check out the Finnair website.
                          If you're not fussy about which day you want to fly you can get some really cheap deals - about 440UKP including taxes.

www.finnair.com

Comment

finnair looks like a cheap bet at the minute... I've found a site called http://www.euro-japan.co.uk, cheaper than HIS. I've found a good one way through them leaving from Manchester with lufthansa.

Not sure of their reliability though, payment processing is poor which puts me off. Not a good time to be throwing money at travel companies you haven't heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by aburagesan
                              finnair looks like a cheap bet at the minute... I've found a site called http://www.euro-japan.co.uk, cheaper than HIS. I've found a good one way through them leaving from Manchester with lufthansa.

Not sure of their reliability though, payment processing is poor which puts me off. Not a good time to be throwing money at travel companies you haven't heard of.
                              Their parent company AWL Travel have been around a long time, and they even work from the same offices which makes me suspect that they are one and the same in reality. I'm guessing Euro Japan is more catered for foreigners where AWL is more for the Japanese. Their offices are just off Oxford Street.
                              We've used AWL alot over the past seven years.
                              Last edited by fuji; 2008-10-11, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X