Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

London to Kochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London to Kochi

Hi,

Planning to fly from London to Kochi with JAL. The ticket I've seen is in 2 parts via Tokyo but purchased as one ticket (if you see what i mean). It would arrive in Tokyo NRT and then leave from Haneda to Kochi 4 hours later.

My question is:
    Do I have to arrange transfer between NRT and Haneda by myself?
    If not, do I need to pay for the transfer and any idea how much it is?
    Finally, do I need to collect luggage in NRT and take it with me to check-in at Haneda or will JAL sort this out for me?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

all good questions..... for the airline's customer service department!!

Comment

How helpful...was just wondering if anyone had done the same trip as i was browsing the forums...isn't that the point?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by freenote View Post
        .... just wondering if anyone had done the same trip ....
        I believe I did answer that one...

most Japanese have never been to Kochi! I do not imagine it is high on the list for tourists from the UK....

yes, you have to make the transfer all by your lonesome.

yes, you will have to take care of your luggage yourself.

there are several ways to get from Narita to Haneda. Train, bus, taxi, on foot....

since you are obviously highly resourceful and incredibly self reliant... I recommend the bus. The Limosine bus service will take you door to door.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/tim...r_tokyu_h.html

75 minutes, 3000 yen. they will carry two pieces of luggage for you at no extra charge. Upon exiting baggage claim, immigration and customs, exit the terminal and purchase a bus ticket from the ticket vending machines outside. the machines only takes yen.

If you wish to move about without your luggage, there are several delivery companies that will take your luggage after you have cleared customs and deliver it to Kochi for you, for a nominal fee. Takkubien service is what it is called. You have to have the address where you would like it delivered and the time someone will be around to sign for it.
        Last edited by well_bicyclically; 2009-06-01, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I would phone up JAL and ask them.

Comment

well thanks for the info...very helpful.

looks like the bus is the best bet.

cheers

Comment

well thanks for the info...very helpful.

looks like the bus is the best bet.

cheers
              sorry to be rough on you.

if you are not in a hurry and wish to enjoy Tokyo for a bit, there is a night bus service from Tokyo to Kochi. Cheaper than the air fare. People sleep on the bus. There is nothing to see on the trip.

Comment

Do I have to arrange transfer between NRT and Haneda by myself?
                If not, do I need to pay for the transfer and any idea how much it is?
                Finally, do I need to collect luggage in NRT and take it with me to check-in at Haneda or will JAL sort this out for me?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
                JAL is one airline but Haneda and Narita are completely separate airports (Narita is in Chiba, and Haneda is in Tokyo) . To my knowledge they dont transfer luggage from international to domestic unless you are taking a domestic flight from Narita,not Haneda. then its simply a matter of putting it on a different plane.

You will have to go through arrivals and collect your luggage and take it with you on the bus.

Comment

If you are looking for cheap flight from London to Kochi then Travelocity is the one stop solution for you. Travelocity has lots of cheap air fares to choose from. It provides you with several flight, hotel options when searching or scheduling your reservation. I like the design of the site. A very easy site to use, all links work quickly, lots of options on the home page.

Airfare in India

Comment

Working...
                  X