Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Cheap flights to Aus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've generally had good experiences with JAL. I've gone back home a few times both business class, economy and premium economy and it was great. would really suggest the extra $ for premium economy... Just never do the code share flights through Qantas on a JAL flight and expect any service. I guess the issues were due to Qantas and their lack of organisation.

Have never flown with Jetstar. Seems a little like a human cargo scenario, but if you're up for a few hours of discomfort for minimal $, it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedboat View Post
      As for JAL...never met a more stuck up, rude, slack group of flight attendants on any flight I`ve been on. JAL, never again.
      Would like to try Japans National Airline, ANA, but they don`t fly to Australia.
      Got to agree with that. Over the last few years, JAL was the only option to Brisbane. I traveled the route 4 or 5 times a year and on many occasions had rude cabin staff, ruder fellow Japanese passengers.

Now that JAL has suspended services to Brisbane (until it gets a new aircraft for the route), I have been using Jetstar (Star Class) through Cairns to BNE. Cabin service was excellent but connection times at Cairns are woeful. Trying the Gold Coast flight in December. Will see how that goes. A really good option to BNE is Air Niugini. Cabin service is great and the aircraft are well maintained. Other options leave me cold but wouldn't mind flying via Nadi or Vila with a stopover. Although I heard passengers to Nadi can get quite wet courtesy of the cabin crew.

Comment

we're going to Brisbane but have since discovered that there's no direct flights now apart from the GC.
        two adults and two kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocky-man View Post
          we're going to Brisbane but have since discovered that there's no direct flights now apart from the GC.
          two adults and two kids.
          Jetstar stopped them late 2008 I believe, cheaper to land and take off from Coolangatta. But Only about 45 mins away from Brisbane on M1 so not a huge issue, there's also a train that will take you direct to Brisbane city. Otherwise just route through Cairns and you can get to Brisbane.

Otherwise take Qantas etc. But not exactly budget any more :P

Comment

Cheap flights to Aus

Flew Jetstar in Mid-October from Narita->Cairns->Sydney->Melbourne->Gold Coast->Narita. No problems at all. Planes were all new and had leather-like seats! Will definitely use them again.

Comment

Originally posted by innocent12 View Post
              Flew Jetstar in Mid-October from Narita->Cairns->Sydney->Melbourne->Gold Coast->Narita. No problems at all. Planes were all new and had leather-like seats! Will definitely use them again.
              Ya they are all pretty new, but they paint them grey which makes them look old haha. They are starting to paint some albino though :P

Comment

Originally posted by lusylaw
                You can simply find the cheap flights by
                dearflight.co.uk
                robinflights.co.uk
                holidaystoorlando.co.uk
                travelup.co.uk
                Or you can skip all that and just go to kayak.com.
                Damn!
                I got a return ticket to Austarlia for golden week for about 70,000 yen.
                It's Southern China Airlines so who knows but jeez. cheap like me.

Comment

jetradar.com is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.

Comment

Don't use Jetstar - they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by 6koala8 View Post
                      I've looked into Jetstar myself and considered it but, after hearing similar horror stories like yours, have decided 'no'.

It is just too risky.

Flown with the heaps and never had any dramas. But I'm not connecting either. I find most of their flight attendants to be pretty friendly and have decent service for a budget carrier. Plus you can get great upgrade deals a lot of the time.

OF course I'd prefer to fly Singapore or Thai, but the flight becomes twice the time. Doesn't seem worth it for me.

Comment

Not quite true....

Originally posted by Emma231 View Post
                        jetradar.com is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.
                        I checked Lufthansa to Europe, and their website is cheaper....
                        I remember a few times, that the airlines itself offer better rates to many places.....

Strangely enough this only happens in Japan, but then many thinsg here are normal.
                        Flying LH Tokyo, Zurich, Tokyo costs about 40% more than flying LH Zurich, Tokyo, Zurich on the same, identical flights.....

Comment

Working...
                        X