Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Why cant i get a price for a return ticket online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why cant i get a price for a return ticket online

I am having a problem finding a price online for a ticket to japan along with the return ticket. my return ticket will be for the same day the next year.

does anyone know any websites where i can sort a flight out with return?

Originally posted by rocky_drifter View Post
    I am having a problem finding a price online for a ticket to japan along with the return ticket. my return ticket will be for the same day the next year.

Most airline companies do not have available flights online for 1 year or more ahead of time. Try to make your return ticket for about 3 days earlier. Regarding websites I know some good sites, however it depends on the country you will be departing from. You can try the JAL.com that works from all over the world and the prices for the economy class are pretty reasonable. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiboo View Post
      Most airline companies do not have available flights online for 1 year or more ahead of time. Try to make your return ticket for about 3 days earlier. Regarding websites I know some good sites, however it depends on the country you will be departing from. You can try the JAL.com that works from all over the world and the prices for the economy class are pretty reasonable. Good luck.
      Thanks for the info.

Still cant book the year later return on this site tho, is this something which would need to be done in a travel agents?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky_drifter View Post

are you trying to buy two separate tickets or one ticket with a return portion? One way tickets returning from Japan need to be purchased in Japan. As mentioned airlines can only quote you a price 2-3 months before travel. You can maybe book a seat but i doubt anyone can quote you a fare. My airlines offer a one year open ticket which does not necessarily mean you come back on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by KansaiBen View Post
          are you trying to buy two separate tickets or one ticket with a return portion? One way tickets returning from Japan need to be purchased in Japan. As mentioned airlines can only quote you a price 2-3 months before travel. You can maybe book a seat but i doubt anyone can quote you a fare. My airlines offer a one year open ticket which does not necessarily mean you come back on the same day.
          out of curiosity i tried and it seems to be possible. 11 months difference between departure and return.

the problem is return must be within 1 year of TODAY, not the departure date.

avoid middlemen, go for airlines website directly.

Comment

Hey I would like to suggest you to prefer visiting a site name Travelocity because they offers Cheap Flight Tickets across the globe. Your work will be done in a flawless way. For more info visit : http://www.travelocity.co.in/site/travel/flights/

Comment

not true, not always

Originally posted by jay-jay View Post
              out of curiosity i tried and it seems to be possible. 11 months difference between departure and return.

the problem is return must be within 1 year of TODAY, not the departure date.

avoid middlemen, go for airlines website directly.
              Try http://www.swoodoo.com first, they check all the checking sites.

THEN compare to the airlines price... also saves you time, you know which airline to check.

Comment

Working...
              X