Announcement

Collapse

The GaijinPot Forum Is Closed

Please join us on our new Facebook Group.
See more
See less

Collapse

Got bit by a MUKADE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got bit by a MUKADE

just got bit by one of those ____**** 6 cm long basterds!
    i was sitting at our kotatsu in front of my computer when i suddenly felt smthg crawling on my ellbow. at the moment i raised my ellbow to see what`s happening there, this ____**** little nerd bit me immedeately. after tracing it down to the ground floor of the kotatsu, i killed it heroically with a spray. obviously they`re aggressiv and don`t only attack to protect themselves (i moved my arm away from its moving direction). the biting-area turned red and i felt a burning pain. now (30 mins later) my arm fells numb but the pain has gone.

we called the ambulance and they said that if the pain doesn`t increase dramatically i don`t have to go the hospital. a little pain and a numb feeling is normal, but not dangerous. so, now i`m just waiting. this was the 5th mukade we killed this season. waiting for the 6th one to come ...

needless to say that 15 mins before this incident i was watching some por* on my computer. imagine, this basterd`s approaching 15 mins earlier, maybe crawling from under the kotatsu desk above, falling on my di** and biting me there! how the fu** should i have explained this to my wife or to the stuff at the hospital? cheeeeezzzzz ...

sh**, i think i will never be able to relax in front of my computer on the kotatsu the way i did before.

maybe i`m just lucky that it bit me that way.

aaaaah, now the biting area is starting to burn again ....
    Last edited by dingdongman; 2011-08-02, 02:28 PM.

I'd be buying a case of silicone based caulk in the tubes at a home center - and sealing every possible gap that they can crawl thru. We used to have them - hundreds in a season, and we found that they were entering from behind the aircon wall units. The installers had not sealed around the pipes. After sealing - we have not seen a single one in two years now.

Comment

Well at least it wasn't a ...

... Be glad that you ....

... You're lucky that...

Fukc it. Those things are the worst.

(Although, you could get stung in the balls by mosquitoes when having an open air dump while camping....)

Comment

Originally posted by TJrandom View Post
        I'd be buying a case of silicone based caulk in the tubes at a home center - and sealing every possible gap that they can crawl thru. We used to have them - hundreds in a season, and we found that they were entering from behind the aircon wall units. The installers had not sealed around the pipes. After sealing - we have not seen a single one in two years now.
        we live in a huge, middle aged, wodden house on the country side. i think they have found 1000s ways of coming inside.

but how did u traced them back to the aircon gap? i always see them just crawling on the floor.

Comment

Don't think I could do this...
          Attached Files

Comment

one of these crazy guys who keep mukade at home, i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdongman View Post
              we live in a huge, middle aged, wodden house on the country side. i think they have found 1000s ways of coming inside.

but how did u traced them back to the aircon gap? i always see them just crawling on the floor.
              Well - ours is a modern and name-brand builder - 2x4, with wallpaper and floor-boards against the wall, and an edge strip on the wall just below the ceiling - so by deduction, there being no other openings larger than a single millimeter. Plus - they always liked that strip next to the ceiling, and the aircons being high up too... I also used silicone at the floor/floor-board edge, so that even an ant can't gain entrance.

But for your open and airy home - then there is "anti-millipede" powder sold at the home centers. I haven't used it, and before you do - please give me a day to buy some stocks as an investment....

We also have a country home - and I have made sure to keep the immediate (one meter) around it perfectly dry, and more cut back. And while we have seen many outside - we have never had one in the house.

Comment

i was sitting at our kotatsu in front of my computer when i suddenly felt smthg crawling on my ellbow. at the moment i raised my ellbow to see what`s happening there, this ____**** little nerd bit me immedeately. after tracing it down to the ground floor of the kotatsu, i killed it heroically with a spray. obviously they`re aggressiv and don`t only attack to protect themselves (i moved my arm away from its moving direction). the biting-area turned red and i felt a burning pain. now (30 mins later) my arm fells numb but the pain has gone.

we called the ambulance and they said that if the pain doesn`t increase dramatically i don`t have to go the hospital. a little pain and a numb feeling is normal, but not dangerous. so, now i`m just waiting. this was the 5th mukade we killed this season. waiting for the 6th one to come ...

needless to say that 15 mins before this incident i was watching some por* on my computer. imagine, this basterd`s approaching 15 mins earlier, maybe crawling from under the kotatsu desk above, falling on my di** and biting me there! how the fu** should i have explained this to my wife or to the stuff at the hospital? cheeeeezzzzz ...

sh**, i think i will never be able to relax in front of my computer on the kotatsu the way i did before.

So are you sleeping on futons on the floor? Keep killing them and they will come out for revenge specially at night when it is dark and stormy they will crawl in and really go to work on you! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

Comment

You called an ambulance for an insect bite...??

Comment

"got bit"

Yes.. American English is ugly indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHurry View Post
                      hmmm ... maybe ambulance is not the correct word.
                      english ain`t my mothertongue. we called some doctor ... maybe it was the house-docotor from my wifes family.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHurry View Post
                        english ain`t my mothertongue. we asked some doctor for advise ... maybe it was the family-doctor from my wifes family.

but yes. i didin`t know how dangerous they really are. no poisonous animals (insects) were i come from.

Comment

english ain`t my mothertongue. we asked some doctor for advise ... maybe it was the family-doctor from my wifes family.

but yes. i didin`t know how dangerous they really are. no poisonous animals (insects) were i come from.
                          they are probably the second most nasty insect in Japan after the big wasps

Comment

Originally posted by hennagaijin View Post
                            "got bit"

Yes.. American English is ugly indeed.
                            Could be worser.

Originally posted by thefan View Post
                            they are probably the second most nasty insect in Japan after the big wasps
                            Those things are flying fricking tanks! I wonder how many scooter accidents are caused by those things.
                            Last edited by JoeyJoJoJr.; 2011-08-02, 06:45 PM.

Comment

dingdong man I'd like to send my condolences to your family. I hope your wife has your life insurance all paid up.

Comment

Working...
                              X